AP Resort Discount Question

Mickey_Maniac

I'm a Maniac, so what???
I was thinking about purchasing AP's for the family. I would also like to take advantage of the AP discount at CBR in May. I know they require proof of having an AP at check in to get the disc. If I get an exchange voucher at my local Disney store, will that be accepted as proof?

Does anyone know where you can buy AP's at a discount that has quick turn around? I am going first week of May.

Your voucher will not be acceptable as proof. You will need to exchange it for the actual AP before check-in.

The only discounts on APs are through Disney Club and AAA (and not all AAA offices sell them)-- about 5% discount in each case. If you are going to use one or the other, I would get cracking on this as the turnaround time may not be speedy. Of course, you can always pay full price at a Disney Store or at the park gates.

Hope this helps.

When did they change the rules? As of last fall, all you needed when you checked in was your AP exchange voucher.

Also, if you are a Disney Club member, you can have your vouchers sent to you via US Mail for a couple of dollars.

Lori

As far as I know, this has always been the rule (you must have valid AP at check-in). It's possible a CM made an exception for someone with a voucher at some point, but I wouldn't count on it.

When we checked in at AS Sports in January, we only had our vouchers in hand. The CM accepted that with no problems. We turned them in the next morning at MK. Hope this helps.

Lisa

sticker.gif
pink.gif

When I called Disney about my annual pass they said ABSOLUTELY vouchers are okay to use at check-in. This has always been the policy at Disneyworld (that vouchers are ok).

I have been told that vouchers are ok, since you obviously have vouchers, you will be turning them in for AP's. I have been told you can also just buy your voucher from the resort you are at.

wl.gif

plate1.jpg

1999 All-Star Music 9/6-9/11
2000 Wilderness Lodge 9/4-9/10
2001 Grand Floridian 9/9-9/12
2001 Wilderness Lodge 9/12-9/16

WDW...Been There, Done That, GOING BACK!

Ugh. Obviously I was told wrong by TWO different CMs before our honeymoon last year. We actually made a special trip to activate our APs before checking in because of this. I wish I had known...

Foodlover, we also were told that it had to be an active AP. So we went to downtown disney before going to our resort. Then we weren't even asked to show the AP. GRRRRRRR!

There's a Disney Store at the Orlando airport where you can purchase your ap (with DC discount) and they give you the actual ap...no voucher to exchange when you get to the parks.

Of course, we weren't even asked to show it when we checked in with our ap rate at the Lodge but it was nice to be able to go right into the parks without a stop to exchange the voucher.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter