AP ticket offer code as travel for Chase?

Lisa0620

Mouseketeer
Hello, experts! We just purchased a small contract direct and would like to take advantage of the AP offer before January 3, our next trip isn't until June 2018. When we purchased our contract we used the Chase Sapphire Reserve and it coded as "travel" and we received 3 points/dollar. I've read that the recommended way to buy AP's is to buy UCT tix and upgrade them, but I don't think that will work in this case since I wouldn't be able to activate the tickets to have bridging work. I have $600 in Disney cards that were purchased with 10% off target cards, so I could use that for one AP. For the other 3 I'm trying to figure out how to get the best deal, but I don't have a lot of time to monkey with churning to try to get discounted gift cards. I could get 5% off Disney gift cards with my redcard (and understand I would have to combine cards to have one $600 gift card for each AP and would have to purchase one at a time.) But I wondered if anyone knew if purchasing AP's would count as travel for the Chase SR? It looks like I can purchase through the "Disney World Ticket Store" or by calling Member Services. Does anyone know if it makes a difference for the travel reward which way I go? TIA!

Hello, experts! We just purchased a small contract direct and would like to take advantage of the AP offer before January 3, our next trip isn't until June 2018. When we purchased our contract we used the Chase Sapphire Reserve and it coded as "travel" and we received 3 points/dollar. I've read that the recommended way to buy AP's is to buy UCT tix and upgrade them, but I don't think that will work in this case since I wouldn't be able to activate the tickets to have bridging work. I have $600 in Disney cards that were purchased with 10% off target cards, so I could use that for one AP. For the other 3 I'm trying to figure out how to get the best deal, but I don't have a lot of time to monkey with churning to try to get discounted gift cards. I could get 5% off Disney gift cards with my redcard (and understand I would have to combine cards to have one $600 gift card for each AP and would have to purchase one at a time.) But I wondered if anyone knew if purchasing AP's would count as travel for the Chase SR? It looks like I can purchase through the "Disney World Ticket Store" or by calling Member Services. Does anyone know if it makes a difference for the travel reward which way I go? TIA!

I can't recall whether or not UCT codes as travel, sorry! But since you have a direct contract go ahead and buy the pass now online and you'll be more likely to get it coded for travel that way. Then once you buy the pass you're actually buying a voucher. Your first travel day you'll go to redeem the pass at guest services outside the park and they will check your dvc status to be sure you qualify for the discounted pass. You'll still be able to make FP reservations at the normal times with the voucher as well. So really there's no need to shuffle from UT over to Disney if you don't want to.

I don’t think an AP will code as travel. The only way to make sure it codes as travel is to charge it to your room while staying at Disney.

FWIW, there are reports that during the annual association meeting last week, DVC said they are “Extending 25% off discount on Platinum Plus APs and 7-day tickets for the price of 5 through December 3, 2018”. But Disney has not officially put that discount in writing, yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!