April 13-15 Road trippers from Eugene Oregon.

50sjayne

DIS Veteran
Left about 10 pm, stopped for breakfast and a lot of breaks (small bladders) Got to hotel about 2 pm. Park Vue Inn, they let us check in early no problem. Unpacked, did pool time/jacuzzi, rested, ate sandwiches in the room. Up early, rope drop. Peter Pan was first-- 15 minute wait or so, amusing to see queen popping in and out of window of snow white :-) Booked DAS for Matterhorn, they helped us as it was first time using, took minutes. Rain held off all day, got a lot checked off! Came back rain off and on, did everything we wanted although I saw a lot of people out with ponchos on, persevering! Even Dumbo went on-- kudos. No fireworks, but saw the projections on Main Street! Way cool. Second day was CA, slept in a little, got to park about 8:30, pretty much everything was walk on with DAS, except Mickey's wheel of death. Went back to room about 5 for an hour or so, girls took showers to warm up after getting wet on grizzly, ordered Shakey's on walk back to room-- very good but definitely want to order ahead because of long wait. Went back, rode soarin' a second time, did turtle talk and Crush called on my grand-- so wonderful! Guardians of Galaxy was great-- my first time since re-theme. WOC happened! Got in area maybe a half hour before showtime--great spots! Girls in wet zone with ponchos. Rained a little when we got back to park-- had umbrellas and ponchos-- no biggie. Girls did the cupcake show with Super kitties-- that was really fun for them and they got to keep their cupcakes. Up early to Classic California weather and maximum capacity crowds Mon for Disneyland. Passes unblocked and it was as busy as I've ever seen it. Still rode what we wanted with DAS, rode the new one in toon town for the first time! Characters were out in full force all 3 days-- girls got pics with Mirabelle, Belle, Chewy, Minnie, Pluto, Tigger etc. Chewy was really special-- he grabbed the girls and gave them big hugs! Storm Troopers told my older grand they'd been looking for her and she ran and cowered behind our table lol. Grands loved talking to animators in the shop by Lincoln, one was drawing Scar and it's my older grands favorite character from the lion King lol. We're a bit Addams family I guess. We did manage to see fireworks from esplanade the night we did CA adventures! Was my birthday Mon., I will say I got so many happy birthdays from cm's with my button! They look. Grands did some good pin trading in the area Sat. too-- very kind people. Did submarine- hadn't done that for a long time and was pleasant, loved the changes to Snow White--ride looked fantastic! Was sad Haunted Mansion was down because it may be our last trip--husband had double knee surgery is 66 and retired, I'm 56 and could be retiring soon which will limit our spending considerably. I imagine when Splash re-opens with the re-theming and Haunted mansion changes-- that area is going to be packed! It's already such a bottle neck ugh. Didn't eat much in the park, but was tempted by pretzels in CA which were affordable, substantial and amazing...son ordered pizza port for parade (which was spectacular) and girls ate theirs, plus we saved oranges and carrots from it for later. Got some cookies from Penny arcade to watch projections from main street and I got a Mickey white chocolate apple-- also good and not severely overpriced. Ate breakfast and lunch in room-- really, good to have a hotel so close. We love Park Vue! Jacuzzi saved my old body and plantar fasciitis feet. Jesus screamers Sat through Mon not horrible, somewhat subdued, Tuesday as we were leaving however--there was a guy that was absolutely horrid. How these people are allowed there is beyond my understanding. Road trip back was great-- did good time and was nice to see Shasta, etc. Siskious are always going to be scary at night however! If you are going through here be forewarned the one rest stop around Shasta is closed. Grand got carsick and tossed her cookies- nowhere to change. Finally just pulled off and let her change behind bush lo l(in the snow), got her cleaned up, we were laughing our rear's off-- girlie's tough. All in all great experience-- only thing I wish is if we could scan our DAS with hard tickets, the phones were a pain, mine was in a waterproof pouch around my neck and hard to get in and out, son ended up with scanning us in job. Also applying for DAS was nerve wracking online--after about 15 hours waiting through 3-4 days, got one, which was worth it-- grand is adhd, so we were able to get one for her, but son is autistic, husband has had double knee surgery, and I have plantar fasciitis-- if we ever do go back, it's imperative we have one-- we can't afford 5 genies every day so I hope they don't damage the program irreparably.

Attachments

• 20240415_173000.jpg
    20240415_173000.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 3
  • 20240415_162511.jpg
    20240415_162511.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 3
  • 20240413_090949.jpg
    20240413_090949.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 3
Hello from a fellow Eugene family! Sounds like a great trip. I’ve only driven it once-and one of my kids was sick on the way down 😜-but we may drive this summer if my daughter ends up going to college in Southern California.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter