April 2018 is the best time for Disney....trip report

garneska

DIS Veteran
i searched and no one has started the official April trip report thread. I am pretty sure a few folks will be there. We are there April 21 to 28. We wil run the dark side half, then head to Cali Grille for brunch, then meet my in laws for a vacation. They will be at contemporary and we are a boat ride away at the fort.

Who else is in?

#garneska, we too will be there April 21-28th staying at Fort Wilderness. Good luck with your run. We are just going to the parks for a family vacation with our kids and grandkids.

We booked our room only reservations 499 days out for both a Full-Hookup (hopefully loop 2100) site and a cabin (hopefully loop 2300) and because we also have 4 Day Parkhopper Canadian Resident park pass the cabin now qualifies for a partial refund for the discount now offered (still waiting to see it credited to my credit card).

Since then I've been reading disboards multiple times daily and planning our driving routes and have booked camping on the way down as well as the 1st night on the way back. Will decide on the 2nd night coming back depending on how we like the 1st night down's campground.

Can't wait to introduce our 3 1/2 year old granddaughter to Disney (she's excited) like we did for her then 4 year old brother before he started school. One more week and we can book our FastPasses. What will I do when it's all over and no more planning - oh wait, we've been asked to go to Hawaii with our friends in a couple of years so guess we'll be saving for that.

Last edited:

Forgot to add earlier. Over in AK they are offering a special tour for the parks 20th anniversary from April 1 to May 5. It is called A Path Less Traveled Cost $59 pp. . It includes Backstage tour of Rafiki Planet Watch's Vet clinic and the Nutrition Center then a tour of Purple Martin nesting area . The Caring for Giants tour is also included as is premium seating for Rivers of Light

03/31-04/06 DW and DS, 7th trip to WDW, first trip to FtW, fingers crossed for 700,900,1100. FP and Dining done

#garneska, we too will be there April 21-28th staying at Fort Wilderness. Good luck with your run. We are just going to the parks for a family vacation with our kids and grandkids.

We booked our room only reservations 499 days out for both a Full-Hookup (hopefully loop 2100) site and a cabin (hopefully loop 2300) and because we also have 4 Day Parkhopper Canadian Resident park pass the cabin now qualifies for a partial refund for the discount now offered (still waiting to see it credited to my credit card).

Since then I've been reading disboards multiple times daily and planning our driving routes and have booked camping on the way down as well as the 1st night on the way back. Will decide on the 2nd night coming back depending on how we like the 1st night down's campground.

Can't wait to introduce our 3 1/2 year old granddaughter to Disney (she's excited) like we did for her then 4 year old brother before he started school. One more week and we can book our FastPasses. What will I do when it's all over and no more planning - oh wait, we've been asked to go to Hawaii with our friends in a couple of years so guess we'll be saving for that.
Well we've finally got an answer from Disney on the status of my Sun and Fun Room Offer refund/rebate on our daughter's cabin reservation. It seems when my TA called down to request it she mentioned to credit the Visa which had been used 95% of the time for payment. They were going to refund my Mastercard which was used the other time. The money has been sitting in limbo because Disney didn't know where to credit. Ummm, wouldn't you think they'd call or email the TA who has been on record from Day 1 and confirm which credit card to refund? Will check in a couple of days to see if they've indeed credited my credit card account.

Well we've finally got an answer from Disney on the status of my Sun and Fun Room Offer refund/rebate on our daughter's cabin reservation. It seems when my TA called down to request it she mentioned to credit the Visa which had been used 95% of the time for payment. They were going to refund my Mastercard which was used the other time. The money has been sitting in limbo because Disney didn't know where to credit. Ummm, wouldn't you think they'd call or email the TA who has been on record from Day 1 and confirm which credit card to refund? Will check in a couple of days to see if they've indeed credited my credit card account.

This kind of thing is VERY typical Disney. Nobody ever knows what's going on there on an administrative level. :rolleyes1 Thankfully, we have so many intelligent, wonderful CMs running the show at the parks and on the transportation.

They get confused when there is only one credit card on file. Last trip, they never charged our magicband charges until about five days after we left. Someone called me and said they had never been paid. I said, "So, charge the card you have!" They did and that was that. Usually, they take the charges out before I even wake up on the last morning.

One year, tried to change the bank account to make our AP payments out of. They couldn't figure out how to do it, so just refunded all our our AP payments (almost the entire year) and told us to just buy new APs. So, basically we got a free year of Disney since the new ones we bought didn't activate until we used them.

This kind of thing is VERY typical Disney. Nobody ever knows what's going on there on an administrative level. :rolleyes1 Thankfully, we have so many intelligent, wonderful CMs running the show at the parks and on the transportation.

They get confused when there is only one credit card on file. Last trip, they never charged our magicband charges until about five days after we left. Someone called me and said they had never been paid. I said, "So, charge the card you have!" They did and that was that. Usually, they take the charges out before I even wake up on the last morning.

One year, tried to change the bank account to make our AP payments out of. They couldn't figure out how to do it, so just refunded all our our AP payments (almost the entire year) and told us to just buy new APs. So, basically we got a free year of Disney since the new ones we bought didn't activate until we used them.
Well I was told to check my credit card on the 16th and still no refund- hoping it goes into the account tonight or my TA will be hearing from me yet again. These are the times I wish I could phone Disney directly.

Well I was told to check my credit card on the 16th and still no refund- hoping it goes into the account tonight or my TA will be hearing from me yet again. These are the times I wish I could phone Disney directly.
Well today after making our Fast passes I checked my credit card online and I'M A HAPPY DISNEY CAMPER! Our refund appeared and was over $650 Canadian.

A little trip planning fun. MIL added a dining ressie, which is great, so our dining plans....Sunday after running the half bert and I will enjoy California Grille Sunday brunch (I think it might be our favorite thing), Sunday dinner going to Skipper Canteen. Tuesday dinner is at Trail’s end and Thursday we have linner at Homecoming. Probably throw in a breakfast or two at trail’s end as well, because I love it.

A little trip planning fun. MIL added a dining ressie, which is great, so our dining plans....Sunday after running the half bert and I will enjoy California Grille Sunday brunch (I think it might be our favorite thing), Sunday dinner going to Skipper Canteen. Tuesday dinner is at Trail’s end and Thursday we have linner at Homecoming. Probably throw in a breakfast or two at trail’s end as well, because I love it.
Yes, breakfast at TE sounds good!

Sunday after running the half bert and I will enjoy California Grille Sunday brunch

Kris, you inspired me. We have never been to California Grille and didn't even know they had Sunday Brunch. I started looking around it looks fantastic. We will be at The Fort in 2 weeks, but no availability that Sunday. But, I did get a ressie for out next trip in June that actually falls on our 29th anniversary. So, thank you.

Dave & Lisa

@dalir if you enjoy sushi it is definitely awesome. I think you can still get enough food if you are not a sushi fan, but the sushi is so good there and it is all you can eat. We definitely love it though, probably our favorite spot at the moment.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter