April 2020 Car Rental

Finally!!! Rates for Easter week just dropped significantly.
We are travelling April 4-16 (12 days) and lowest I had booked (until this morning) was $642 for a mid-size car with Alamo.
This morning, just booked Standard Pickup for $431 (mid-size car was a little more at $450) with Costco code at Alamo
Hopefully this is the start of lower prices to come.
Still a month out...fingers crossed

Last edited:
For those going between the dates of 4/24-5/10, those three weekends are huge cheer weekends at Disney and might be part of the problem of higher rates.

I am less than two weeks out for my March trip and the lowest rate I got was two weeks are so ago. I thought prices would continue to drop as they have in the past, but instead they have drifted back up close to my original booking a few months ago.
Check prices multiple times a day and rebook whenever prices drop. In the past I could count on prices dropping right before my rental period. I’m not sure this is true anymore.

Woohoo! Our rental went down as well!

Travel:
MCO 4/15 pickup
FLL 4/24 drop off

original booked 2/16 - Budget with Costco Intermediate SUV - $355

Today (2/29) - Alamo with Costco - intermediate SUV - $315

usually I am around $225-$250 for a week, so for the 10 days - this is feeling like it’s closer to normal.

tonight (3/2) my Costco Alamo dropped again!
$296 for the Intermediate SUV

Yay!!

(it’s technically 9 nights, not 10 as I originally posted)

Our truck reservation was down another $15 yesterday (the SUV price remains unchanged from our most recent booking). A truck will work just fine for us (we had a pickup for our January vacation and had ample space) so I suspect we will end up canceling the SUV reservation completely at some point.

Our beginning of April rate dropped $20 yesterday. Not going to Disney :( but my DH and another parent need to rent a car when they go with the robotics team to a competition. Glad I have the DIS to keep me updated on when rates are moving! Gotta use all your tools! :)

I was just coming on to tell everyone to check Budget rates. They are definitely down

Of the rental companies available at MCO, does anybody know which have the option of walking directly to your car?
I know Avis Preferred offers that option, but their rates are horrendous for April!

Or travel dates
4/28-5/5

Budget Standard Elite SUV (Expedition or similar) $270 (prepaid)

Used: V923094 BCD
MUWZ759

Of the rental companies available at MCO, does anybody know which have the option of walking directly to your car?
I know Avis Preferred offers that option, but their rates are horrendous for April!

I am pretty sure that Alamo does. I know with Budget you go to the garage, but they select your car for you. Although I always ask to walk the aisle first and tell them which one I want

Alamo for sure. If you complete the online check-in, you can go straight to the aisle that you reserved and pick any vehicle you like from the inventory. Load your luggage, drive to the gate, show your driver's license and alamo bar code, and you're on your way.

When we rented with Budget about 5 years ago, we got to go straight to the garage, but had to wait in line at their kiosk there for our vehicle assignment. It didn't seem a whole lot quicker.

Dollar we have had mixed experiences. While we were able to skip the counter both times, once we had our vehicle assigned to us (our name and vehicle location were listed on a board in the garage). Once we got to pick from the inventory in our reserved row.

Has anyone seen any Alamo coupons that work.
What's going on with their coupons? I've never seen a time when there weren't any active. Very strange.

But, my STD SUV for the end of April is waaay down today. If I had a coupon, it would be in the range of my normal rates.

Autoslash rates were down this morning. I got a mid-size SUV through Thrifty/Autoslash pay at counter for $225 for a week starting 4/18

Finally, Alamo prices seem to be dropping.
I just reserved our car ( reserved and cancelled many times), finally under $200 using the free upgrade and Annual Pass.
Our October reservation dropped $50. (hoping it will go down more).

Finally, Alamo prices seem to be dropping.
I just reserved our car ( reserved and cancelled many times), finally under $200 using the free upgrade and Annual Pass.
Our October reservation dropped $50. (hoping it will go down more).
Still sitting at close to $300, all in, for our April week. UGH

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter