• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

April 2024 WISH Thread - Bring on the Sunshine! ☀️

I am definitely a go with the flow person - it typically drives my DH nuts. My nickname at work is "it's fine". I think the good side of it, is that I'm definitely not a mountain out of a molehill kind of person. If anything I under play (on the outside) how much some last minute changes can affect things (like your testing day @Summer2018 - that would be awful!). But, I think it also helps others to not panic when things happen that are out of our control. I'm sure it helped when you stayed calm and helped calm others at least a little.

I get my ride-the-waves attitude 100% from my dad. My mom and sister are very uptight and he and I can let things slide much more easily.

@Summer2018 oh my gosh what a nightmare!! Are you done testing now or you have to do the rest of your students?? I hope it goes well if you have more to do!!

I am a go with the flow person-firm believer that if I am meant to do it God will see me through it and if it’s not meant for me that day/week/whenever then it’s just not for me and I am being protected from a danger or bad outcome.

DH always says-you always think everything is going to be ok!!! It’s not always OK!! I try to explain to him that it may be difficult or inconvenient at that moment but it will pass and after that-it’s going to be ok.

I hope everyone has a great Tuesday!

I am definitely a go with the flow person - it typically drives my DH nuts. My nickname at work is "it's fine". I think the good side of it, is that I'm definitely not a mountain out of a molehill kind of person. If anything I under play (on the outside) how much some last minute changes can affect things (like your testing day @Summer2018 - that would be awful!). But, I think it also helps others to not panic when things happen that are out of our control. I'm sure it helped when you stayed calm and helped calm others at least a little.

I get my ride-the-waves attitude 100% from my dad. My mom and sister are very uptight and he and I can let things slide much more easily.
Yeah, I am basically type A.

@Summer2018 oh my gosh what a nightmare!! Are you done testing now or you have to do the rest of your students?? I hope it goes well if you have more to do!!

I am a go with the flow person-firm believer that if I am meant to do it God will see me through it and if it’s not meant for me that day/week/whenever then it’s just not for me and I am being protected from a danger or bad outcome.

DH always says-you always think everything is going to be ok!!! It’s not always OK!! I try to explain to him that it may be difficult or inconvenient at that moment but it will pass and after that-it’s going to be ok.

I hope everyone has a great Tuesday!
I still have 18 students left to test.

Part of my difficulty is that the test is not developmentally appropriate, and it doesn’t give a true picture of what the students know, which makes it a complete waste of time. It’s an online timed exam, and it interferes with the normal routine. The kids have to be on iPads and be quiet the entire testing period which is very challenging for kindergartners. Technology has not been consistent and reliable. I’m completely alone in the classroom while I am doing this.

I just want this week to be over so I can put it all behind me. Once this testing period is over, we can enjoy the last 30+ days of school and begin practicing for graduation.

I am not flexible and try very hard to think positively. I am a perfectionist control freak which traces back to me being a child of an alcoholic. My faith is a life saver and what keeps me from totally losing my mind.

I vary between control freak and wave rider depending on the situation. Having two neurodivergent kids has forced me onto the surfboard a bit more. While things might be easier if the situation was different the kids have taught me to look at things from different angles which has been very valuable both in and out of the home.
Although watching how they function and work through obstacles has made me very impatient with folks who lack the ability to think outside the box and are too rigid in their approach to life. It's been an interesting shift to say the least.

Whooooooohooooo my precious foster pup got a cancellation appointment for her spay for today! I am so excited for this chapter of her life-being used and abused as a puppy machine to just make money for her “owner”-is over. She deserves peace and quiet for the rest of her life.

Whoooohooooo tonight is the end of the year party for our Awana classes! Over the summer I am volunteering in the church nursery one Sunday a month so that will be a nice change of pace for me. My nursery partner is the youth leaders wife and she is wonderful, so I am looking forward to spending time with her.

Ok off to take mama dog for her drop off!! Prayers for my girl are appreciated 🙏🏼🩷☺️

Woohoo... the clouds burned off midday yesterday and we had a lovely sunny afternoon and evening, and the skies are clear this morning as well.

Woohoo... going out to dinner with SIS, Niece and Nephew-in-law yesterday was really nice, and exactly the kind of social interaction I need more of.

Woohoo... I'm muddling thru getting used to my new laptop. I've figured out alternate ways to get to the things I need to use, but the versions of the apps, like Outlook, are updated and really different. But I'm getting there.

I am a bit in between. I can roll with the punches, I think most of the time, but sometimes it will through off my whole day and I get cranky.

I am woohooing that DD is in a better mood. She woke up on the wrong side of the bed and it was not a good morning. It took everything I had to ignore her. She is the type that you need to just let go and she will move on but engaging her makes things worse. DH is like this too. They just need to cool down and work through it on their own first. I got done with PT right at the start of Lunch and Learn (the whole school has an hour lunch but can use the time to meet with teachers too). I asked if she wanted me to pick her up so she can take the car back to have for after school. She was very happy and talkative when I got her. So she did a 360 with her attitude for the 2 hours she was at school.

Woohoo... I'm muddling thru getting used to my new laptop. I've figured out alternate ways to get to the things I need to use, but the versions of the apps, like Outlook, are updated and really different. But I'm getting there.
Work wanted me to update my Outlook about a month or so ago. I tried it but only lasted a day before I went back to the old version. The new one is so bad.

Work wanted me to update my Outlook about a month or so ago. I tried it but only lasted a day before I went back to the old version. The new one is so bad.
I know! For the most part the updates are really odd choices, but I do love how it now searches the calendars of meeting invitees to suggest times when everyone is available.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter