April 8th, 2018 14-Night Westbound Panama Canal from Port Canaveral to San Diego

cyclenut

DIS Veteran
I have not seen a thread started for this one yet. We are so stoked to book this cruise on day 1, but now the reality of how long we are going to have to wait is sinking in. This will be our first Panama Canal so we are really looking forward to it. It's also our first cruise greater than 7 days. We are going to be on the Wonder in January of 2017 so we'll see how she looks after the dry dock.

Hope to see more postings soon.

My family is currently booked on this cruise. It will be me (Kristan), husband (Dewayne), and our son (Kaleb) who will be 10 just two months shy of 11 when we cruise. This cruise has been on my bucket list for awhile. Figure if I am going to take my son out of school for two weeks probably should do it while he is still in elementary school. We don't have any other cruises booked so it could be a long 500+ days. Looking forward to counting down the days with everyone.
Kristan

We are so excited to do the Panama Canal again. We did it in 2014 and it was one of our favorite cruises. Last time we did it was in September and there was 2 hurricanes.

Thx cyclenut for starting this thread! Ready for thechatting and planning to begin! So excited ab the Panama Canal cruise!!! :cloud9::cheer2::smickey:

Disneydeb

Hi everyone! I knew I'd find a thread for this particular cruise so soon! My DH and I will be sailing without kids or extended family this time. We are pretty excited to go to CC and Costa Rica. We did the WBPC in May 2016 and loved it! By the time we do this cruise it will be our 10th. I look forward to meeting everyone! :yay:pixiedust::sail:

Wow, we've already gone into planning mode. But we have three adult daughters (and one boyfriend) in different states that we have to coordinate travel and such just to get everyone to the port. But really looking forward to the new shore ex stops.

My family is currently booked on this cruise. It will be me (Kristan), husband (Dewayne), and our son (Kaleb) who will be 10 just two months shy of 11 when we cruise. This cruise has been on my bucket list for awhile. Figure if I am going to take my son out of school for two weeks probably should do it while he is still in elementary school. We don't have any other cruises booked so it could be a long 500+ days. Looking forward to counting down the days with everyone.
Kristan

This is pretty much me although I have both a son and a daughter who will be 10 (almost 11). We figured this is the last year we could pull them out before school got 'real' lol. We also have nothing else booked, we were going to do the Fantasy for Thanksgiving 2017 but opted to do PC instead, couldn't swing both at the crazy holiday prices.

My wife and I are on this cruise. It will continue our streak of doing every WBPC that DCL has done. Deposit already paid. Might not be here much as I am more focused on the 2017 WBPC at the moment. I will peek in though regularly and try to answer any questions people may have.

We are on this cruise! Will be our 7th when the time comes. A long time away but already super excited for it!

We weren't planning on booking in early 2018 but this itinerary was too tempting with CC and Bonaire - on the newly refreshed Wonder!
We have found many friends on this cruise already - excitement is in the air!
In the mean time, we have 4 other cruises - yes, I am a DCL addict!
--------------
Fantasy 2012 Eastern Caribbean
Dream 2014 Bahamas
Magic 2015 Western Caribbean
Wonder 2015 Alaska
Wonder 2016 Southern Caribbean
Magic 2016 British Isles
Fantasy 2017 Eastern
Magic 2017 Norway/Iceland
Magic 2017 Canadian
Wonder 2018 Southern Caribbean
Wonder 2018 WBPC
who knows...

Hi everyone! I knew I'd find a thread for this particular cruise so soon! My DH and I will be sailing without kids or extended family this time. We are pretty excited to go to CC and Costa Rica. We did the WBPC in May 2016 and loved it! By the time we do this cruise it will be our 10th. I look forward to meeting everyone! :yay:pixiedust::sail:
We were on the WBPC May 2016 too - our most favorite cruise (and vacation) ever! Can't wait to do it again in 2018 with Castaway and Costa Rica on the itinerary!

This is pretty much me although I have both a son and a daughter who will be 10 (almost 11). We figured this is the last year we could pull them out before school got 'real' lol. We also have nothing else booked, we were going to do the Fantasy for Thanksgiving 2017 but opted to do PC instead, couldn't swing both at the crazy holiday prices.

Should be interesting when we inform the school he will be out for two weeks. In the past on the first day of school a letter from the district attorney gets sent home informing the parents that missing school is a crime. I figure we will see if this can be counted as an independent study. I joked with the hubby if they are being difficult I guess he goes homeschool for his last two months of 5th grade. I am actually hoping since he is a good student they won't make a fuss.

We did the fantasy this year but my husband said no vacations in 2017 since we are putting in hardwood floors. I told him I couldn't countdown to floors. Hoping to get a small vacation in 2017 to help with making this one not seem so far away.

I have already started looking at things to do in each port. These are all new to us except for CC. Anyone with suggestions because I am all ears.

Should be interesting when we inform the school he will be out for two weeks. In the past on the first day of school a letter from the district attorney gets sent home informing the parents that missing school is a crime. I figure we will see if this can be counted as an independent study. I joked with the hubby if they are being difficult I guess he goes homeschool for his last two months of 5th grade. I am actually hoping since he is a good student they won't make a fuss.

That's crazy that a letter from the attorney goes home every year. I felt out our principal (after I booked the cruise lol) Thursday night and she was totally cool with it saying things like 'family comes first' and 'what an educational trip it will be.' Lets hope the teacher is as supportive. I hope they let your do independent study. Our Spring break in 2018 should fall the week before the cruise so I figure we can get all the makeup work done then and then be able to relax on the trip.

I'm jumping onboard as well!! :) traveling will be myself, my husband, our nearly 5 year old and my mother in her own cabin. I did a Panama Canal sailing as a college grad gift in 98 with my family & absolutely LOVED it. I can't wait to do this one on Disney with my new family! We have the zoo locks in northern Michigan which are just a much smaller version and it still completely thrills me to watch them. (When I can get up there which isn't often.) this cruise was on my travel bucket list for several years because I wanted to be able to do it before my son starts kindergarten. :). And I LOVE that it's in early April and that it stops at CC. Yay yay yay. I actually booked it without even realizing it made a stop there. Someone in another group led me to that piece of knowledge like 2 days after I booked! :)

This is amazing! I had no idea there would be so much excitement so early and I'm so stoked! It's just my wife and I on this one. My wife will be Gold by this cruise as we get to experience the newly refurbished Wonder in January out of Galveston. We booked a midship balcony because we've heard that having a balcony stateroom is a real plus when you are sailing the Panama Canal.

There is a chance we'll either add our adult children at some point or that we'll cancel this one because it is so far out. I don't think so though since we're already so excited about it.

We are taking an early vacation in 2017 and the rest of the year will be pretty busy for me at work.

The only downside for us is that if we had still been living in Southern California, it would have been only one flight and now it is two.

Just booked yesterday! We'll be celebrating our 10 year anniversary! Me, Kristi, my husband Jeremy, my son Josh (will be a month shy of 8), and my son Luke (will be 6 1/2). So excited!!!!!

My husband and I are signed up for this WBPC cruise as well as by brother and his wife. We are leaving the kids at home this time around. Very excited as we have never done a Panama Canal cruise. What are some of the positives on this cruise as I see many of you have done this before? Thanks in advance.
:) :) :)

We have 2 cruises before we do this one but this is by far the most active board.

Hi All! My DH and I will be celebrating our 5th anniversary on this cruise! This is his dream cruise itinerary so it should be great. We're very excited!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter