April Check-In **Official**

Disneyworld is considering staying closed until April 9th.
Interesting, thanks for sharing. As we get closer and closer to our trip date, I feel sadder and sadder. This trip is a blip on the first world problems radar when people are losing their lives, but it meant a lot to our family. It was a family reward for enduring an exceedingly hard year, and a celebration of DH and my 10 year anniversary. We're rescheduled for August 3 and, assuming we get to go, I am not planning ANYTHING, except I might hedge bets with Savi's and Oga's. Other than that, we are going to pack the day before, tell The Boy the day of, fly to California and just enjoy the fact that we aren't trapped in our house and afraid of "virus germs" lurking everywhere. My son was rather disappointed that the trip was cancelled. He's five, so I told him there's too many virus germs in the other buildings right now, so we can go back to school and to Disneyland once they're all cleaned up. He definitely thinks there is a man with a mop out there, going building to building, wiping up the germs.

I wish that was true.

I just posted in the closure thread, but figured I would crosspost. Please don't plan anything based on this, just CM news.

I have a CM friend In attractions who was told to potentially be available for work starting April 18.
Please take this with a grain of salt as everything is changing each day due to covid , but that is what she was told this week.
It could be sooner than that and she just won't be staffed by then, or it could be delayed much longer, but just a date for the back of your minds I guess.

Still holding on to whatever glimmer of hope there is that we can go April 20-25. This is so hard!!! I hope they announce soon if the closure is longer. I figure we have to know something more within the next 11 days though. Even though I am preparing for a much longer closure, my heart will still break when they extend the closure.
We also arrive April 20th. We haven't cancelled and are trying to be hopeful, but it looks more and more like it isn't happening...

I did it online! I just clicked the “change flight” link and picked new dates. It was very easy and so far we have a little over $100 per person in credits because the July flights are less expensive than the spring break flight. I’m not sure when we’ll get to use the credits - I’m hoping for a long weekend to Orlando over the fourth so maybe we can use the fare difference then. I really didn’t want to call based on my expectation of having to wait a long time so the change function worked perfectly for me!
I also changed our flights online a couple days ago, just make sure you don't hit cancel if you have the early bird that you want to carry over. I was surprised how easy it was!

I thought maybe we would come in November instead but I can’t get the time off of work :(

I don’t want to have to cancel anything so I’m kinda leaning toward spring 2021
We haven’t been since August 2018 so it’s such a long stretch! 😥

I am thinking once they announce it will be closed through to say end of April we will cancel. Things are not looking at all good from up here in Canada - stay safe everyone!

Everyone has probably already seen this, but Disney made the official announcement that Disneyland and Disney World will remain closed indefinitely. Employees are being paid through April 18, but given Disney's statement and continuing global conditions, I personally feel it is very unlikely that Disney reopens anytime in April (or May, or probably June, but this is the April board so we will focus on that). https://disneyland.disney.go.com/travel-information/?CMP=KNC-FY20_DPK_ACT_WROC_PADC_EGM_SCP_CV|G|4052020.PR.PS.01.03|MZ7TN4N|BR|427769707603&keyword_id=kwd-603479909757|dc|disney closed|427769707603|p|5238:3|&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIsNnF2cO76AIVDtRkCh1vmABAEAAYASAAEgK25vD_BwE&ef_id=W71D8AAAALND6HOI:20200327204908:s

I'm so sorry to everyone who was holding out hope. We were supposed to be leaving for our trip on Monday. We are rescheduled to August but I told DH to start preparing himself that we are not going at all. I am devastated, but not because we lost our trip anymore. I am devastated because I don't know what's going to happen next or what our society looks like on the other side.

Keep well everyone. Stay home. Stay safe.

Just cancelled all my reservations for our April trip. Was gong to be for Easter break (week after Easter) but wont be going now. Hoping for maybe June, we shall see. Stay safe everyone.

From Dapper Days latest email (3/27/20):

a605467d-7ccf-4d78-bd13-920ba0ce0c0e.jpg

The Disneyland and Walt Disney World Resorts just moments ago announced they will remain closed until further notice:

This makes it extremely unlikely our planned April 19th Disneyland outing will happen.
As we announced last week, we have created an "encore" Disneyland outing for Sunday June 21, and moved our April Expo to June 20+21. Details below.

WHAT ABOUT APRIL?

PARK TICKETS
If you have purchased convention-rate Disneyland Resort Park tickets for our April 19 outing Disney has told us:
  • Guests may use their current e-ticket which retains its value and upgrade it to a retail ticket at any time at the park box office (once it reopens).
  • Guests may still enjoy the parks during the validity dates of 04/12/2020 through 04/23/2020 if the parks are open.
  • If the parks are closed April 12-23, please call Disney at 714-520-5079, Mon – Fri 8am – 5pm PST to request a refund. Have your ticket order number when calling.
DISNEY HOTEL ROOMS
You are welcome to keep your existing April reservation at the Disneyland Resort, however it seems reasonable to assume the hotels may be closed during part, or all of your dates. If those resorts end up being closed over your reservation dates, Disney will refund you.
It's not possible to "transfer" a reservation made with a convention rate to our June event dates, but you can simply cancel the original April reservation here and then book a new one for June here.

For questions regarding our convention-rate hotel rooms or park tickets please contact Disneyland Group Reservations at 714-520-5005, M-F 8-5 PST, or email DLR.CONVENTION.GROUPS@DISNEY.COM

Moved our April trip to June in hoped of attending that Dapper Day event... Really hope everything works out.

We cancelled our April 19 trip today 😭 Sad day for me. Even if the park is somehow open by then, I don’t feel comfortable taking my parents there. We will try to reschedule for October maybe, or we might wait until January.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter