April Check-In **Official**

Sigh...decided to call it, especially with the numbers in SoCal not looking super great. Cancelled my hotel for 4/14-4/17. Not sure if we'll go in the summer or just wait for our annual holiday trip. I'm super bummed, but trying to keep it all in perspective. Fortunately it was to be a surprise trip for my kids so they don't even know it was on the calendar.

Stay safe and hold on to hope. We will make it through this. The spirit of human invention has been unleashed and every day I am seeing new ideas, new devices, and new strategies that will help us emerge victorious.

Keep moving forward. Our failures will inform our future successes and we'll look back on this time period not just with sadness at what was lost, but awe at what we accomplished.

Sigh...decided to call it, especially with the numbers in SoCal not looking super great. Cancelled my hotel for 4/14-4/17. Not sure if we'll go in the summer or just wait for our annual holiday trip. I'm super bummed, but trying to keep it all in perspective. Fortunately it was to be a surprise trip for my kids so they don't even know it was on the calendar.

Stay safe and hold on to hope. We will make it through this. The spirit of human invention has been unleashed and every day I am seeing new ideas, new devices, and new strategies that will help us emerge victorious.

Keep moving forward. Our failures will inform our future successes and we'll look back on this time period not just with sadness at what was lost, but awe at what we accomplished.
Well said. Check for a DLR announcement on Monday, the 30th -- something about a "special offer" starting June 1st. Might be interesting for you -- even if you don't stay on site, at least the dates and terms of the offer will be informative.

From the DLR Closure Superthread, details on the Disneyland hotels special offer:

I saw on one of the bloggers Instagram stories (Disney Food Blog) that the Disneyland offer for people rescheduling is:

“Beginning Monday, March 30, 2020, these select guests will be able to book a special Disneyland Resort offer for most arrival dates from June 1st through December 31st, 2020. The Cast Member we spoke with said the offer will apply to weekdays, Sunday through Thursday. Eligible guests will receive up to 10% off at Paradise Pier for a Premium Room. Guests booking at the Disneyland Hotel or Grand Californian Hotel can receive 15% off a standard room or 20% off a premium room!”

ETA: here’s the link https://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2020...rivate-offer-for-guests-affected-by-closures/

So what if we already cancelled it? And I had booked through the Costco travel, staying offsite. Looks only to be for the onsite hotels?

Rescheduled my April visit to end of September & October. Might try for a quick August trip but we'll see.. how things pan out.

Update from this week's MP "DLR Update" (3?30?20):
Correction
Last week we reported that a Disney had filed for a permit with the City of Anaheim to allow them to keep the Food & Wine Festival Marketplace booths in use through September 7, 2020. We speculated that Disney might be planning to extend the Food & Wine Festival, which is scheduled to run through April 21 but has been cut short due to the COVID-19 closure.
Well, we were wrong. While Disney did file for an extension, it was just for one piece of equipment, not all of the Festival Marketplace booths as indicated on the permit. Disney has given no indication that they are looking to extend the Festival beyond April 21.
We apologize for getting your hopes up.

Rescheduled my late April reservation to mid September - comparing the price I received when re-booking to the price you'd pay if you booked online directly, we saved 30% for a stay at the Disneyland Hotel. They also offer a $50 per day resort credit as an incentive when re-booking. These are for current reservations up until May 31st which can be re-booked from June 1st through October 1st. This is what I was told by the CM and does conflict with some other stuff I have read but I took my 30% savings and ran without questioning it.

I wish they'd extend the offer through the end of the year. We won't be able to make it back before November.

We had already changed our reservations when the CA governor extended the stay at home order. We did get the 50 per night offer, but our cost went up $1300

Had to cancel our April 12 trip. Hotwire fully refunded our hot rate deal at Hilton Anaheim. Their process to cancel was online and very smooth. We had our airfare booked through Alaska. We had to call to cancel as we used companion fare and didn't want to lose that. They don't refund but give you a credit to use within 1 year. We still have our December trip so will use the wallet funds towards that. Not really expecting the park to be open in December but will keep fingers crossed that the vaccine somehow gets released to the general public before 2021.

Just rescheduled our April 27th trip for the end of Sept. /beginning of Oct. Also had to cancel our Disney Cruise, so we added extra days to what will hopefully get to be our one vacation this year. With saving 35% and the resort credit we figured why not.

Called Disney a couple days ago... We'd be in the park tomorrow :( Since we booked with the Canadian offer we do have until May 2021, but chances of us getting away between now and then lining up with this ending... it's not good. Who knows what will happen; if nothing else I guess we just apply the cost of the ticket in the future. The CM I spoke to kept saying "Well, it hasn't been extended further YET... They haven't changed their cancellation policy YET... but no one knows..."

This was the first trip in 12 years, and we were so excited. The day we were supposed to fly out I got pretty sad, so I have been walking around the house in my Disney themed t-shirts, and I think tomorrow (our first day in the parks) I will watch some old Disney videos (I'm working my way through the animated features in order of release) and trip videos.

It's not a big deal at all in the grand scheme of everything going on right now, so I will just live in my own Disney - type - land at home and dream of getting there one day, hopefully not in another 12 years.

Yeah...Yesterday and today were to be our park days.

Total bummer. Yes, more important things happening in the world and in the grand scheme it's small potatoes. But, yeah, The Blue Bayou reservation reminder that popped up on my phone 20 minutes ago was kind of a gut punch.

I hope everyone is holding up ok.
That happened to me too... Goofy's Kitchen.

Disney is certainly small potatoes in the grand scheme of things, but they were OUR potatoes, you know? Hopefully you're able to plan a return trip sometime soon. I'm already in fantasizing mode... next time we're going to plan SIX days, not five... and we're going to go in the summer and stay at the HOJO and have a swim day... and maybe ride that Grizzly Bear thing I didn't pay much attention to because it would be too cold... and eat at the Taquiera... and Avengers Campus will be open :scratchin

Last edited:
Yeah...Yesterday and today were to be our park days.

Total bummer. Yes, more important things happening in the world and in the grand scheme it's small potatoes. But, yeah, The Blue Bayou reservation reminder that popped up on my phone 20 minutes ago was kind of a gut punch.

I hope everyone is holding up ok.

Yup the exact thing happened today too. Wish I'd erased that reminder from my phone calendar. Sigh.

Reactions: EmJ
Everything officially cancelled. Supposed to leave on Saturday. Like everyone else, disappointed, but in the grand scheme my missed trip is a silly thing to be sad about. But still...

Is anyone doing anything during their “trip time”? It would be our spring break, so kids won’t do school. And we are going to do Disney themed treats- dole whips, etc.

Everything officially cancelled. Supposed to leave on Saturday. Like everyone else, disappointed, but in the grand scheme my missed trip is a silly thing to be sad about. But still...

Is anyone doing anything during their “trip time”? It would be our spring break, so kids won’t do school. And we are going to do Disney themed treats- dole whips, etc.

Watching a lot of Disney movies, wearing Disney themed t shirts, and making a lot of Disneyland copycat recipes :-)

... I'm already in fantasizing mode... next time we're going to plan SIX days, not five... and we're going to go in the summer and stay at the HOJO and have a swim day... and maybe ride that Grizzly Bear thing I didn't pay much attention to because it would be too cold... and eat at the Taquiera... and Avengers Campus will be open :scratchin
Your boy is going to love the HoJo pool -- he'll be just the right age. And the HoJo now works with Dapper Days -- so if you ever can manage a trip during one of their conventions (think of all the Disney Bounding outfits!), you can book using a DD rate!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!