April People! Are you rebooking for this year?

My friend and I cancelled our late April-early May trip and rebooked in early October. I know Sept can still be a high time of year for hurricanes and of course still hot.

We had April 3-11 booked, we moved it to mid-July. I hope it works out. It’s DD’s graduation trip. My parents were supposed to meet us, they are up in the air about rebooking now. 😔

we had April 3-9 booked and moved that trip to Sept 24-30. I still have a Dance the world trip booked for June 27-July2 and hope that is still a GO!! I know Sept is HOT but at this point we just want to go and enjoy what we can, and will go again next spring

We rescheduled for late July. If it is a go it will be hot as Hades, but under the hope that things will be back to as-scheduled by late summer, DS will have scout camp and then football practice in August, so we picked an open time in our calendar in July. We also have plans for Christmas week.

We have APs this year that started in late January, so that middle trip that would have been April is what makes them worth it for us...hopefully July will work out, but if not I'm mentally preparing to just call it a day with only two trips out of our APs (assuming Christmas doesn't get disrupted.)

Cancelled April 19-24, and rebooked for 5/31-6/5. I have a sinking feeling this trip won't happen, either. Realistically, the next time we'll probably be there is August 2021, right before my daughter's 3rd birthday, unless I can sneak a trip in near the end of the year.

I promised my kids I would make up for this really crummy time, and my daughters sad 21st birthday, so I'm thinking that a trip for next year is something we could look forward to. I just lost a bunch of weight and have been eating much better since this mess so maybe I can better walk - don't know but this sure put stuff into perspective for me. My cousin, Tommy, always used to say the three things we need in life to be happy are someone (or something like a beloved pet) to love, something to do and something to look forward to- I think a family trip could be the thing we look forward to, it won't be big or extravagant but that's ok. We'll do us

I promised my kids I would make up for this really crummy time, and my daughters sad 21st birthday, so I'm thinking that a trip for next year is something we could look forward to. I just lost a bunch of weight and have been eating much better since this mess so maybe I can better walk - don't know but this sure put stuff into perspective for me. My cousin, Tommy, always used to say the three things we need in life to be happy are someone (or something like a beloved pet) to love, something to do and something to look forward to- I think a family trip could be the thing we look forward to, it won't be big or extravagant but that's ok. We'll do us

Same here. Planning a trip is keeping me sane. Next year we'll probably stay off property at a place with a full kitchen so we can cook breakfast and some dinners, and stick with QS at the parks. Just a few weeks ago I was stressing over RotR, and now I just hope to get back to wdw with a healthy family.

As of this morning you can still purchase a ticket for April 1 and many restaurants that were previously booked now have plenty of openings for reservations - so with less than a week out, it sure looks like they are reopening and it doesn't look busy!

Congratulations on the weight loss, you should be so proud! What an awesome trip, you guys are going to have a blast! :cutie:

I’m sure most of you have seen, but Disney officially extended the closure “until further notice”, at least through April 18th.

I have rebooked my April bachelorette party for the last weekend of June. While I understand that this is still uncertain, I really am hoping that I can still go before I get married in early August. Which I guess there will be no guarantee on that either...

We cancelled April and booked what we could for Thanksgiving. We already have a end of July trip booked- hoping we can get that in.

Cancelled 4/19-25 at Riviera (DVC). A friend has points expiring 5/31, so she booked 1 night at a treehouse for that date, then we booked rooms at Pop Century for 5 nights. Might be a long shot, but what the heck. We decided if that cancels, we will wait until fall. Planning end of September at Disneyland and then I have a BWV reservation for November for Destination D, which I am thinking they may cancel. Will still go to WDW anyway (hopefully.....). The points I cancelled for April will likely be banked for next year.

It’s interesting that I haven’t come across many, if any, posts about people being concerned about affording WDW this year after all of this is said and done.

We had a WDW resort trip two weeks ago but cut it short. Looking to book for thanksgiving next trip.

Last edited:
We had MK After Hours tickets - we are going to have to wait until they (see if they) offer any of those events this Sept/Oct. I'm afraid it will be hard to get a hotel room if they do - since so many people will be rescheduling their trips. I tentatively booked a room for an entire week in September - closer to date I can cancel nights not needed when/if they announce MK After Hours dates.

We were booked April 3rd - 9th then a few nights at Universal after. We rescheduled for Christmas. I've been that time before and know it will be busy but that's what will work best.

We have plans for May 3 to 11th. I, too, don't think it will happen. Even if it does it is so quick after this outbreak what will they do at the parks? Limited hours/limit people? We are thinking of rebooking after Thanksgiving and the first week of Dec. Not my fave time to go but may well be the only time we CAN go. I know we won't get the same deal on our room and am disappointed but what else can we do?

Just cancelled my 4/3-4/11 trip and most likely will try to book again next year Spring Break. Hopefully within a year this pandemic will be put to bed. DH just got laid off so he might not have the flexibility to take off anytime this year (granted if he can find a job!). If worse comes to worse, then maybe "Jersey Week" 2021 in November.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter