April People! Are you rebooking for this year?

It’s interesting that I haven’t come across many, if any, posts about people being concerned about affording WDW this year after all of this is said and done.

We had a WDW resort trip two weeks ago but cut it short. Looking to book for thanksgiving next trip.

It’s interesting that I haven’t come across many, if any, posts about people being concerned about affording WDW this year after all of this is said and done.

We had a WDW resort trip two weeks ago but cut it short. Looking to book for thanksgiving next trip.

We are definitely losing money.
In the scheme of life as we currently know it..
It’s not a thought to dwell upon.

We have a trip booked in Oct/November with dd1 bf (a newbie!!) and we are focussing on that.
As well as health and happiness.
Our lack of wealth is totally insignificant.

We had a trip planned for April 24th-29th after a cruise but we've cancelled that and are planning to reschedule for sometime in September I think. We've been many times in September and although it is HOT, we love it during that time. I just hope things will have calmed down by then regarding the virus and that the parks are back to normal. Only time will tell I guess, but it's still nice to have something to look forward to!

Of course I'm concerned. If it comes down to it, we'll cancel and get our deposit back.

I'm still hoping for the best.

I know in my case I have a Disney fund. That’s all that money can go to!!! And I imagine anyone who is aware of these boards and posts on them are very much the same.
Although I didn’t have WDW booked this year I was booked May 3-8 at Disneyland. I have moved that to June 7-11 but I don’t really hold out too much hope even for those dates. After that week DL is out of my Disney budget for this year and I have secured a week at WDW in September so I can get my fix. If a hurricane disrupts that trip I’ll admit it wasn’t meant to be 🙄

We had an Easter week trip. We are trying to decide when to book again. We've looked at Thanksgiving week, my kids have the entire week free. However, I fear a bad second wave of the virus in the fall (similar to 1918 flu), so we are considering next spring break as well (hopefully a vaccine available by then).

We rented DCV points for a trip in April and lost some money. We still rescheduled for Fall 2020 but did so direct through Disney so that we can be refunded should there still be any concerns. We have already paid off park tickets and the flights, so figure we can still swing it financially, but I’m a little stressed to be honest. Kind of not feeling the magic right now 😢. Wishing everyone health and for this all to turn around quickly!

We were originally scheduled to arrive 4/15 but moved our arrival to 7/23, the day before my youngest turns 3 so we can try to squeeze him in at no charge. I am hopeful the parks will be open by then but am worried they may not be. If July doesn't work out we will either try late August or November.

We were April 2nd-4th and I rebooked prior to the "indefinite closed" announcement for June 3rd-6th.

Regarding finances: Both DH and I are essential workers and are saving money at this point. There is nowhere to go or place to spend money unless it's online and we are not much of online shoppers. It was the airfare drops that enabled us to sneak this trip in before my AP expired and we already had most of the money in the Disney fund.

I can’t afford it, hardly could afford it to begin with but at this point it’s already paid for so nothing I can do but hope to enjoy it

We haven’t decided what to do yet. We were taking our 3 young adult children as a celebration of getting them through college. Trying to figure a new schedule will be the tough part. DD starts grad school in the fall and will be on a tough schedule for the next two years. That’s why I thought we had the perfect time. We’re considering July or maybe the week before Christmas with her break. We’re using my mom’s DVC points, so I doubt we can book for this summer this late. Maybe next spring? I hate to wait that long, we’ve waited so long for this!
As for money, yea, I’m concerned. But the tickets and airfare is already paid for, so we have to use them.

We haven’t decided what to do yet. We were taking our 3 young adult children as a celebration of getting them through college. Trying to figure a new schedule will be the tough part. DD starts grad school in the fall and will be on a tough schedule for the next two years. That’s why I thought we had the perfect time. We’re considering July or maybe the week before Christmas with her break. We’re using my mom’s DVC points, so I doubt we can book for this summer this late. Maybe next spring? I hate to wait that long, we’ve waited so long for this!
As for money, yea, I’m concerned. But the tickets and airfare is already paid for, so we have to use them.
The week before Christmas would be a great time to go in terms of crowds and weather, plus everything will be decorated beautifully for the holidays. However, it is a busy time for DVC - if you decide to go with that timeframe, I'd suggest booking something very soon.

There's no way the parks will be open by April, so we cancelled yesterday. I'm in Northern VA and the whole state is on stay-at-home until June 10. That plus the fact that WDW isn't even accepting dining, etc. before June is a clear indication April and May aren't happening. We're scheduled to go in Nov for runDisney Wine and Dine weekend, and are considering July, but I'm holding off on booking anything until more becomes clear.

There's no way the parks will be open by April, so we cancelled yesterday. I'm in Northern VA and the whole state is on stay-at-home until June 10. That plus the fact that WDW isn't even accepting dining, etc. before June is a clear indication April and May aren't happening. We're scheduled to go in Nov for runDisney Wine and Dine weekend, and are considering July, but I'm holding off on booking anything until more becomes clear.
Disney confirmed a few days ago they will be closed "until further notice", but at least until April 30th. We re-scheduled our late April trip for mid-May, and have now re-scheduled our mid-May trip for late October.

I don't know if it will be open by then, or how the closures will affect crowds, but my family found mid June to be tolerable when it comes to heat and crowds (as opposed to early to mid July). Also, it sounds like kids/school isn't an issue, so maybe October?

We just took advantage of Disney's free dining offer and booked for 6/8-6/15 of this year. Yes, THIS year. We are celebrating our son's 18th birthday as well as his high school graduation. We were supposed to go over Easter so this is a rescheduled trip. If it's cancelled again we'll book as soon as it opens again. The Cast Member I spoke with said they are expecting very low crowds when they open and that most people rescheduling are looking at September.

Im pretty sure they won't be open in april either but I think the reason they closed out April and May reservations is because of the free dining promotion. They don't want people to go in now and book a trip for April or may then say that their trip has been canceled so now they're now eligible for free dining.

You know what? Everyone saying it will be hot and crowded in Aug/Sep/Oct and it will be but with everything going on, I am just looking forward to the day I can complain about it being hot and crowded while in Disney. A hot/crowded day at Disney is better than a nice day not. :) Everyone keep safe and healthy and keep posting about trips and tips :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!