Aqua Duck question

Absolutely, port days are your best bet. Even of you just get back on the ship a little early, there won't be much of a line.

Castaway Cay days. We've done it up to 7 times in a row, with no one in front of us in the middle of the day.

We screwed up on pirate night and assumed they would open the pools after the party. They didn't, lifeguards had training. The Aqua Duck was EMPTY! Absolutely no one else trying to ride it. But my husband said the water was freezing and refused to ride it a second time.

Last night on a 7 day sail when people are packing. Around 8 PM there was no line. Kids did it non stop for an hour.

Thank goodness for Funnel Vision.

Agree that early dinner time is the lowest time overall. There are even days that are better but some of that depends on length of cruise. Trends are that early dinner on pirate night is lowest, but it does close at some point so chat with the lifeguards. The first and last night also around early dinner are usually good for short lines. Another good time is early day on castaway cay day.

when is the least busiest time
I would think it could vary from cruise to cruise, but I found Castaway Cay day when it first opens was, totally, only MINE. I rode it like 3 times in a row. The biggest issue was climbing the stairs every time to get back to the top.

I would think it could vary from cruise to cruise, but I found Castaway Cay day when it first opens was, totally, only MINE. I rode it like 3 times in a row. The biggest issue was climbing the stairs every time to get back to the top.
Yes, we did it 12 times... Kid did it 15, by the end I was flagging.

also embarkation day is not that busy. Just have to remember to pack your swim wear in your carry on.

DD and I have had good luck on embarkation day (but we've been concierge so have gotten on earlier) AND FIRST thing in the morning. Like, we roll out of bed and stumble to the pool deck maybe 15 mins before its set to open. We usually can ride it 2-3 times before a line starts to form.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter