Are all 1bedroom Villas Adjacent to Studios?

pharmama

DIS Veteran
Slight rephrasing/similar to my previous post but maybe someone will know the answer to this part...

Just wondering if all 1bedroom villas are adjacent to studios (and thereby can be made into a 2bd lockoff). My inlaws will be booking a 1bd villa for the first couple nights and then a 2bd lock off for the second half (because SIL will be joining). Just wondering if they have a chance of being able to stay put in the same room for their second reservation.

Slight rephrasing/similar to my previous post but maybe someone will know the answer to this part...

Just wondering if all 1bedroom villas are adjacent to studios (and thereby can be made into a 2bd lockoff). My inlaws will be booking a 1bd villa for the first couple nights and then a 2bd lock off for the second half (because SIL will be joining). Just wondering if they have a chance of being able to stay put in the same room for their second reservation.

The answer to your first question is yes because if you look at the building diagrams on the 'Aulani Villas & Views' thread, you'll see a total of 3 dedicated Studios, but no dedicated 1BR units which means ALL the 1BR units have studios adjacent to them.

The second part of your question is a bit tricky since in theory you should be able to transition from a 1BR to a 2BR lock-off without having to check-out of the 1BR, but in practice I don't know if it is 100% guaranteed but perhaps someone else can answer from actual experience. Regardless, your best bet is to have this noted on the reservations and reiterate the request upon check-in (and then follow-up again on the last day in the 1BR).

The answer to your first question is yes because if you look at the building diagrams on the 'Aulani Villas & Views' thread, you'll see a total of 3 dedicated Studios, but no dedicated 1BR units which means ALL the 1BR units have studios adjacent to them.

The second part of your question is a bit tricky since in theory you should be able to transition from a 1BR to a 2BR lock-off without having to check-out of the 1BR, but in practice I don't know if it is 100% guaranteed but perhaps someone else can answer from actual experience. Regardless, your best bet is to have this noted on the reservations and reiterate the request upon check-in (and then follow-up again on the last day in the 1BR).

Thank you so much! I didn't think to look at the building diagrams- duh!

We know it wouldn't be guaranteed and we'd make sure to have it noted on the reservations/at check in etc. I would love to hear if anyone has had success (or not) doing this in the past. Ultimately, it won't matter that much but would sure be nice for them to be able to stay put!

We did the opposite at OKW once.
We had a 2BR and then a studio last night when guests left. We kept the studio portion which was great!

I would call a few days before and gently request again:-)
Kerri

Thank you! Glad to hear something similar was accommodated at a different DVC resort! We will definitely politely reconfirm our request as we get closer. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!