Are some Disney rides or attractions, etc mis themed?

old lady

DIS Veteran
I believe the Guardians of the Galaxy ride will be off theme in Epcot Future world unless they tie it in with another Marvel future ride. Have innovation pavilion become a Marvel headquarters or Avengers one to the World showcase or future. Or, innovatives by Stark Industries, or something. It does more sense that Frozen is in Norway because there is going be a new French ride is based in France. Stories set in particular countries make theming sense. Mister Toad ride could fit in U.K. pavilion.

I think it's actually a good addition to that particular area of the park. GotG is Marvel, yes...but it's a space story. TT is more out of place than GotG in that area, and will be even more so once the space themed restaurant is open.

I actually think they should divide up Epcot Future World into areas, but it might require some additions to make it really work. It'd be something like this:

The Core - Focus on history and development - Speceship Earth, Innoventions buildings but of course need to add major updates in them

World of Motion - Focus on physics and engineering - Test Track, something additional, maybe even at the Odyssey building

Space (needs a catchy name) - Focus on, well, space - GotG, Mission: SPACE, and whatever they could do with the Life pavillion

The Mind - focus on the human brain, maybe even the entire body with a new attraction - Journey into Imagination, Theater Space, additional thing

Land, Sea, and Sky - Focus on the Earth and ecosystems - The Land, The Seas, Soarin', use the old Circle of Life theater space and this area's pretty solid already

Anyway, that's just one way I'd like to see it setup. It seems to make sense.

Epcot is a world's fair, with Future World being the demonstrations on modern technology and World Showcase showing the nations' pavilions. Obviously, Future World isn't entirely new technologies given things like Soarin' and the Seas, both both are celebrations of either nature or human innovation and developments. My fear is that Guardians of the Galaxy will just be an IP plug, and won't contribute to the story of Epcot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!