Are the Jambo House Sleeper Sofas Comfortable?

zepp

Earning My Ears
After cancelling our planned spring break trip to Disney World due to Coronavirus, my family is now looking at a possible late June trip. Does anyone have any opinions on the sleeper sofas in the value suites in the Jambo House at Animal Kingdom Lodge? It would be for my 11 year old son. These are the suites bookable on the main Disney website. I’m not sure if there is any difference between these and the DVC ones. So far, all the reviews I’ve found are pretty old, and I figured they may have remodeled by then. Thanks in advance.

This is quite a subjective question but I will tell you my experience: It was the most uncomfortable thing I've ever slept on. I ended up sleeping on the floor because it was more comfortable. And that was after my children, who were 6 and 9 at the time, refused to sleep on it after one night. I won't attempt to sleep on one again and my husband has said we won't stay in a DVC studio again because of it.

This is quite a subjective question but I will tell you my experience: It was the most uncomfortable thing I've ever slept on. I ended up sleeping on the floor because it was more comfortable. And that was after my children, who were 6 and 9 at the time, refused to sleep on it after one night. I won't attempt to sleep on one again and my husband has said we won't stay in a DVC studio again because of it.
Thanks for your input. I may just book a regular room with two queen beds to avoid that situation.

If it is a suite, it is a Disney hotel room. If is it a villa (studio, one bedroom, two bedroom, grand villa) it is a DVC space that is being offered for cash reservations. When you called it a value suite, I think you mean value villa and they are smaller than the standard and savanna villas by about three feet in depth. None of the sleeper sofas are the least bit comfortable. Other than maybe the new ones in Riviera and in the renovated villas at SSR.

OKW studios have two real queen beds, no sleeper sofa.

When booking cash they list them as AKV Value but then put booked guests for the cash units in Standards.

Much as I love AKL, no, the sleeper sofas are not comfortable. In fact when I’m in a standard or savanna view villa I opt for the sleeper chair to avoid those sofa beds, the value villas, however, do not have the sleeper chair.
The sleeper sofas at the VGF, on the other hand, aren’t bad.

I've slept on the sleeper sofas at Jambo several times - not the greatest of beds, but passable. I have to think it would be a non-issue for an 11 year-old boy for a few nights. After some longs days at the parks, it's plenty comfortable enough to get some sleep.

Does this 11 year old tend to complain about bed comfort at other places?
We are a family of 5, and almost always have to rely on sleeper sofas/chairs or just sofas to fit.

Our crew has yet to complain about a sleeper bed anywhere, the excitement seems to take precedence...

I also think an 11 year old boy would do ok. Kids sleep on the floor in sleeping bags at their friends' houses. Unless, of course, he voices discomfort in beds other than his own. To answer the question, NO, they are not comfortable. I slept on one as an adult. I got through the trip but I'm not rushing to sleep on a sleeper sofa again.

So far, all the reviews I’ve found are pretty old, and I figured they may have remodeled by then. Thanks in advance.
NO!
Basically, if the mattress gets folded into the sofa, forget sleeping well on it. Pull down beds, even the little sideways one at POR are actually fine (in my experience) but the traditional sleeper sofa is terrible.

Your mileage may vary. Good luck though. My daughter preferrs getting extra blankets and just sleeping on the floor.

Does this 11 year old tend to complain about bed comfort at other places?
We are a family of 5, and almost always have to rely on sleeper sofas/chairs or just sofas to fit.

Our crew has yet to complain about a sleeper bed anywhere, the excitement seems to take precedence...
This. I personally probably wouldn’t be able to sleep well on it, but I’m old and fat. My kids will sleep anywhere and never complain. My petite DD18 will sleep curled up like a cat in an armchair before sharing a queen bed with her brother 🤣

Thank you for asking this!! We are staying in a Studio at Kidani in December. This makes it easy for me to get a mattress topper or something to take with us.

My kids slept on the sleeper for a week in February and they never complained. They prefer separate sleeping spaces, but it just wasn’t possible for this trip. They are 13 & 9.

They are still horrible. Go somewhere that has the pull down bed if you need that sleeping spot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter