Are the number of express passes per room = maximum occupancy?

michelledb

Earning My Ears
Has anyone had issues with RP being sticklers about maximum occupancy? Moreover, if we have 5 people in the king suite, can all 5 of us get express passes? Does my 2.5 year old even need an express pass?

My husband and I will be visiting Universal for Monday-Friday next week with our three kids (9, 6, 2.5). I have two standing reservations with plans to cancel one of them -- one for a 2 queen room, the other for a king suite. Technically the maximum occupancy is 5 for the queen, but only 4 for the king. At least one of our kids will sleep on a pile of blankets on the floor either way. I would really prefer to stay in the king suite so we would have a little extra space and have separate spaces for the kids who nap/go to bed earlier. As far as I can tell, there isn't a 2 queen suite option.

Thanks for your quick response, although of course not the answer I was hoping for :) Usually occupancy limits come from the fire marshal and are based on room square footage (as well as the total number of people on the floor), so one would think a room with twice the square footage could accommodate more guests. Oh well!

Thanks for your quick response, although of course not the answer I was hoping for :) Usually occupancy limits come from the fire marshal and are based on room square footage (as well as the total number of people on the floor), so one would think a room with twice the square footage could accommodate more guests. Oh well!

I think it has to do with the bed occupancy. A king suite has a king bed and a pullout. I think they figure two people in the king, one in a pullout and one extra on a cot.

I think it has to do with the bed occupancy. A king suite has a king bed and a pullout. I think they figure two people in the king, one in a pullout and one extra on a cot.

From the King Suite info: "The spacious living area offers ample room for your relaxation and entertainment, along with a pull-out sofa that can accommodate two guests". Maybe no place to put a rollaway bed? But in 670 sq feet? I'm sure there is a reason, now I'm just really curious as to what that reason is!

From the King Suite info: "The spacious living area offers ample room for your relaxation and entertainment, along with a pull-out sofa that can accommodate two guests". Maybe no place to put a rollaway bed? But in 670 sq feet? I'm sure there is a reason, now I'm just really curious as to what that reason is!

I think fire regulations are different than
what we would consider. The hotel may say two can sleep on a sleeper sofa, but fire regulations may count it as a single sleeper. Who knows. I've tried researching it as the question has been asked many times before but I have never been able to find a real answer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter