Are there any of you left?

Hey guys! Hope everyone is doing well!

My nostalgia brought me back here for a look around today and I miss everyone so much and remember the great times we had on here. I'm going into senior year soon and it's been three years and I can't believe how fast time went. I still have a small little glimmer of hope that we'll all be able to return to the kingdom some day. I'm off to Disney for 10 days at the end of this month for the fist time in 7 years and I can't be more excited!

Hope everyone is fantastic.
~illusionistic~

2nlxraf.jpg

(Such awesome times!)

I still refuse to sign up for any of the paid games because of what Disney did with this game, makes me worried that the paid ones will do the same thing.

I would love to see VMK come back though.

:sad1::sad1:

I haven't been able to find any other game I can enjoy as much, and I miss all the great disney-loving friends I made.

I'd pay to play if they ever brought it back.

Smackeralchick

i still miss vmk. :[

really no other game i've tried has been as great as vmk was. It was the epitome of an online game for me. It's set the bar high for any other game out there.

If they ever opened it up again, i wouldn't hesitate for a second. Even years later, i would jump at the chance to play. :goodvibes

i agree 100% miss vmk so much

I miss VMK too! Sometimes I look through my folder of screengrabs I took before it closed and feel nostalgic.

It really was a wonderful game.

My favorite part was trading for the pins I desired. I remember I was so happy when I finally got the Mountains Quest Pin haha. I also loved the hotel pins. What were your favorite things to do in VMK?

Omg VMK! My primary school obsession! I loved that damn game! I miss that POTC game they had, I'd spend hours playing that and feel like a damn right boss with the volume on full :woohoo:

The holidays were great...decorating our rooms and visiting each other was so much fun! I liked Halloween the best! :surfweb:

My friends were my favorite part. On Vmk you just knew everyone loved you for you... the community was just amazing. Most everyone I met was really nice and it just felt like I belonged there, especially since I can't go to the parks whenever I want (hopefully that'll change soon). Anyway, I loved having inside jokes and playing pirates all night long with my friends. It's still hard to have to know I won't be able to do that on Vmk ever again... unless it opens back up.

I still miss VMK, and still don't like the way it ended so suddenly when I really needed it as an escape. I really don't like the fact that the last for VMK was a Pirate and Princess party in the MK. I couldn't even go to the real Partners statue that night. I kinda stopped reading here as much for a long time. I haven't found anything to really replace VMK, and part of me may always be scared that if I do find something, it will go away.

I miss vmk alot too. :sad1:. I go onto vmkrevisted almost every other day just to look at the rooms and rides and stuff. If it weren't for that i would go crazy missing it. Being on facebook alot helps me too cause everyone i knew on vmk is on there. I still have cards and 2 vmk glow in the dark wristbands that i keep with me. It would be so neat to have vmk on the nintendo wii or the dsi game consoles. why can't disney do that? One of these days disney is going to realize what a big mistake it was to take vmk off :furious:

Hi all,

Wow, was thinking of how fun VMK was and looked in here. Nice to see so many familiar names.

Lots of good times, great friends, and general trouble-making and relatively "clean" dictionary dancing that often led to VMK debauchery and mostly, laughs, laughs, and more laughs.

Sure do miss all you fine fun folk's and the goofiness we shared together.

Surfcruiser

I can't remember but why did they shut it down? Something about it "never supposed to be a long term thing in the first place?" or something???

they said it was part of the 50th celebration

Here is a link to a blog that provides a little more details about the closing.

Ironically, since the game closed there have been some staffing changes at Disney Interactive.

I didn't know there have been staff changes. Very interesting... the only reason I would pay attention to that is if they'd open Vmk again.

Of course they had to announce it on April Fools. How mean can you get? I seriously thought it was a joke at first, even though the newsletter denied that it was. That was horrible.

Of course they had to announce it on April Fools. How mean can you get? I seriously thought it was a joke at first, even though the newsletter denied that it was. That was horrible.

Probably not the smartest of dates to make such an announcement.

Halloween w/out VMK just isn't the same. sigh!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!