Are there Disney movies you DON'T like? Classics, even?

Here is my list.

Yuk I can not stand the following.

Hannah Montana film
Mary Poppins
The Parent Trap
Mars Needs Moms
I'm not 100% certain, but I BELIEVE Mars Needs Moms was done by a different studio and then distributed under the Disney name. Similar to how the 1980 film "Popeye" is also under the Disney umbrella. Neither is an actual Disney film, but there's no denying Disney's marketing and promotion powers, so let's give it to them to pretend that it's theirs.

Pocahontas while I really like the music I don't like the movie.

As for Pixar movies I'm not a fan of The Incredibles.
Same here. That movie was just too damn long. It could (should) have ended quite a few times, but it just wouldn't. The movie just kept dragging on and on and on. I won't be seeing the second movie this summer.

I'm not 100% certain, but I BELIEVE Mars Needs Moms was done by a different studio and then distributed under the Disney name. Similar to how the 1980 film "Popeye" is also under the Disney umbrella. Neither is an actual Disney film, but there's no denying Disney's marketing and promotion powers, so let's give it to them to pretend that it's theirs.

You are correct about Mars Needs Moms. It was done by ImageMovers Digital, a joint venture of The Walt Disney Company and Robert Zemeckis's ImageMovers studio. They also did the motion-capture film A Christmas Carol. ImageMovers still exists, but IM Digital was shut down after Mars Needs Moms failed to perform. At any rate, it was not a Walt Disney Animation Studios production.

You are correct about Mars Needs Moms. It was done by ImageMovers Digital, a joint venture of The Walt Disney Company and Robert Zemeckis's ImageMovers studio. They also did the motion-capture film A Christmas Carol. ImageMovers still exists, but IM Digital was shut down after Mars Needs Moms failed to perform. At any rate, it was not a Walt Disney Animation Studios production.
Makes sense. Zero merchandise for the film, which is unusual for Disney. If I didn't know any better, I would have figured "Meet the Robinsons" was also not Disney.

Makes sense. Zero merchandise for the film, which is unusual for Disney. If I didn't know any better, I would have figured "Meet the Robinsons" was also not Disney.

Yeah, those early days of the CG movies was a little weird. I think it was obvious that Mars Needs Moms was going to be a miss, so they just quietly moved it through. When I see it, it looks like a straight-to-video type of movie. Meet the Robinsons is actually an odd entry from Disney, though actually quite good.

Probably a good 80% of the classics and some of the ones post 1980s. That's the beauty of it all - so many choices, you don't need to like them all.

Never watched Chicken Little, Home on the Range, Meet the Robinsons or The Good Dinosaur. Didn’t like Atlantis or Treasure Planet. My DD when she was young was terrified of the cat in Cinderella and Ursula in The Little Mermaid.

Tried watching Robin Hood yesterday and couldn't finish it- it gets really depressing around the middle bit and just isn't as good as I remembered it being. Not keen on Sword In The Stone either.

The two I dislike aren't going to make me any friends, but I really don't like Lilo and Stitch or M'oana. Stitch is annoying to me, and M'oana is formulaic, and I always felt the movie was more about Maui.

Reading this thread makes me realize I really haven't seen that many Disney movies!

That said, I love the majority of the movies from the 90s forward. For me, the old ones just do not stand the test of time for the most part. I certainly haven't seen them all, but I've tried to go back and watch some with my kids.

While Robin Hood is beloved, I couldn't get past the sheriff....and Snow White? Ugh, really nothing good about the movie. I realize it's from a different time, but the ideas, overtones and "heroine" in the movie have no redeeming qualities.
I've never seen Pinocchio or Dumbo, but I'm sure I wouldn't get those either.

My favourite movie for many years was the Little Mermaid, but certainly watching as an adult, Ariel was a PITA :rotfl2:. I admit, I love the Pixar movies, Moana and Frozen....just great songs and good messages :thumbsup2

Originally I mentioned Lilo and Stitch but I've rewatched it and actually liked it after all. However, Fantasia and Alice in Wonderland remain at the bottom of my list.

I would have to think about this but the first thing that comes to mind are the Alice "reboots/sequels". I had such huge high hopes and it ended up being pure trash to me. Disney should have given it a frame by frame remake like they are doing now instead of a new story.

There's several I really don't like much. Bambi, Alice in Wonderland, Sword in the Stone, Robin Hood (absolutely can't stand them putting in college fight songs during the big archery tournament scene, though it did have a couple of good songs), Black Cauldron, Rescuers Down Under, Pocahontas, Home on the Range, Chicken Little, Meet the Robinsons, and pretty much every direct to video sequel of the Eisner era. I'm glad they've been getting back to better films lately.

Whats with all the bambi hate?

Aside from Beauty and the Beast(which is a masterpiece) and Aladin Most of renaissance movies i don't care much for.(Granted i haven't Rescuers down under. also One Hundred and One Dalmatians.

Though
like most people Home on the range and Chicken Little are the only Disney i dispise

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!