Are they doing double shows yet on the Fantasy?

mathgeek

DIS Veteran
Now that DCL is doing double shows on the other three ships, is this trend coming to the Fantasy too? Or did I miss the thread with that info?

Now that DCL is doing double shows on the other three ships, is this trend coming to the Fantasy too? Or did I miss the thread with that info?
No reports of it happening yet. Most recent Navigator on Scott's blog is May 13 and it shows the standard shows.

Just got off the fantasy on May 26th, and no double shows. They did show the avengers as a show one night, so we only had 6 regular, stage shows.

Our last cruise on the fantasy last October, we had 7 stage shows, with no movies as a show.

Last Oct The Fantasy did double up on the shows. I'm thinking that was the "test"
night 1 - Aladdin
night 2 - Aladdin
night 3 - individual entertainer
night 4 - Wishes
night 5 - individual entertainer
night 6 - Believe
night 7 - Believe

Since there wasn't a big outcry at the time, it looks like they felt "OK, lets expand it".

Off the Fantasy yesterday. There were no double shows for the evening shows. We did miss out on the pirate show as they were doing late night rehearsals on what they were calling "the new pirate show". Saw jack sparrow flying in from a higher deck and missing the landing multiple times. Crew said this week was rehearsal for summer show.

I'm not sure how DCL could have thought doubling up on a 7-night is an appropriate test for doubling up on a 3-night or 4-night. The doubled-up october fantasy from last year still had all three stage shows plus two individual performers. The current dream sailings have two shows-they completely dropped one. Not the same.

I hope they don't start doubling up the evening shows regularly. I wouldn't mind if they offered a matinee showing if it is a popular show so that everyone gets a chance to see it. I also don't like when they replace the main show with a movie. As much as we are paying for a Disney Cruise, we should get a different show each evening.

@mathgeek - did you see the report for the June 9-16 sailing? It looks like they doubled up Wishes, Aladdin, and Believe. :sad1: I will be SO angry if they do this on our cruise!

I wouldn't mind if they offered a matinee showing if it is a popular show so that everyone gets a chance to see it.
When I was on the Fantasy in 2013 they did a 3:00 matinee of Aladdin and Believe. It was great!

@mathgeek - did you see the report for the June 9-16 sailing? It looks like they doubled up Wishes, Aladdin, and Believe. :sad1: I will be SO angry if they do this on our cruise!
@Lulu27 I'm guessing it won't change back before we get onboard. Frustrating!

Disney Wonder 7 night from Port Canaveral, FL Western Show Schedule 2/18/2018
Sunday Golden Mickeys
Monday Golden Mickeys
Tuesday Frozen
Wednesday Frozen
Thursday Black Panther Movie
Friday Dreams
Friday Dreams
didn't care for the double shows, but it was ok

We are on the 3 night Fantasy next month. I really want to see three shows - never saw Aladdin or Wishes before. This is our make up cruise for our Hurricane Irma canceled Fantasy cruise last year. We only have three days - they better not double up on one of them!!!

Yes, there is a post from someone that just got back from a June sailing on Fantasy and they doubled days for Wishes, Believe and Aladdin. I am so disappointed. Aladdin I can understand as it is new.

If I see they're still doing this when time comes for final payment on our next cruise(s), I will more than likely be cancelling and letting them know why.

If I see they're still doing this when time comes for final payment on our next cruise(s), I will more than likely be cancelling and letting them know why.

I think this is what has to happen in a larger scale. It seems, over the years Disney keeps pushing the envelope more and more. Customer service has gone down, cleanliness has gone down,etc. Disney used to stand out as exemplary. Not so much anymore, yet we all still pay their prices. Quality goes down, prices go up, and we still keep paying and coming.

I have never sailed on any other cruise line than Disney. I have, however met many people who have. Back in the early 2000's, when we first started to cruise, these people would all say the same thing "Of all the lines I have sailed with, Disney is worth every penny, even if it does cost more." Now I hear " I can pay 1/2 the price of an inside stateroom on DCL, get a balcony on RCCL, andthe cruise is just as nice."

Disney markets their cruise with the entertainment. If that goes down, what ARE we paying for? Instead of filling out complaint cards and writing letters, we need to start cancelling. When Disney starts having to discount their staterooms to fill the ship, they may have to reconvene and get back the MAGIC it once was. But they need to be hit where it counts. As long as people are paying, they will do what they want.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter