• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

are we selling ourselves short?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Copperline

DVC BCV & OKW Owner
Not sure where to post this...as I saw that discussion posts weren't allowed on the rent/trade board. I noticed that points rent for an average of $10pp. When I went onto Disney.com and got an estimate of how much it would cost to stay at OKW for Sun-Thu in August it would be $1255 cash. Yet renting it would only cost a renter $500 for the same time frame. Ummmm...that's a huge difference. And certainly not in my favor. I'm not looking to make money off of people, but jeez....why are we GIVING away such a bargain??

Thank you Jeremy, for sending me the link. I appreciate the direction.
I DO think that this is a topic that is worth "stickying" on a DVC board. I had gone looking for this kind of advice prior to posting my for rent post but didn't come across it. Maybe admin can help with this?

The easy answer is to not rent the points if people aren't happy with the going rate.

oh my word. you ARE a freakin genius. how did I get to be 34 without your advice? :sad2:

Yes I am pretty smart.

You probably had a very rough time in life getting to be 34 but now that you have my input life should be much better for you now. You no longer have to worry about jumping off a cliff because I an now here to rescue you. :sad2:

Okay, now that we are both done being smarta..s, simply put $10 bucks is kind of the going rate. Hold off for a while and see if you get better. Honestly I see the price going down because I think a lot of people bought DVC thinkings they could make some extra $$ off of renting. When they changed the transfer rule I think there were several people with a good deal of points who are having some problems getting rid of them. JMHO.

There have been a million post on the same topic and many are agreement with you but it doesn't look like the price is going up by looking at the rent boards.

Yes it is true that renters are getting a heck of a deal and until people quit renting for low $ or quit renting at all I don't think it is going up anytime soon.

Hope it all works out for you.

Your smartaleck buddy,

Drakethib

This subject comes up from time to time on the DVC Boards. There is no need, IMO to have it as an ongoing sticky. Basically, supply and demand, along with what people are willing to risk (and remember it is an assumed risk to send $$ to a total stranger who has total control of the reservation) will set the market price for renting points.

Seeing as there has been some "nastiness" in this thread, I am closing it. If you with to repost and continue the discussion, I suggest reviewing the DIS Posting Guidelines and keeping the thread on topic. Also a reminder, trying to instigate an "agreement" between owners to raise the rental prices to a set level is not allowed on these boards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter