Ariel Character Meet and Greet

loucol12

Earning My Ears
Hi all

I'm a new poster to that boards, although I have read lots, so I'm not sure if I am asking this in the right area, my apologies if I am not.

I'm travelling from Ireland with my husband and 2 daughters, aged 5 and 2, for 2 weeks in October. My older daughter has been once before but she was too young to remember so I am really excited for this trip as she's at a great age to really get into the spirit of it now. We are staying offsite in the Disney Springs Area for the first part of our trip and then moving to Art of Animation for the last part of our trip, the move to AoA is a surprise for the girls. It will be my daughter's 6th birthday whilst we are there and we will be going to Magic Kingdom that day (CRT for lunch).

I have done up an invitation from Ariel inviting us to come stay with her at AoA and I was planning on putting it into an Ariel birthday card and hopefully asking a CM at the Ariel meet and greet if Ariel could give the card to my daughter.

Do you think this would be possible and/or allowed?

Thanks so much for any advice you can offer :)

Louise

I personally have never done something like this but I have a friend who asked Elsa to give her daughter a letter from Olaf (my friend had written it). Apparently, her daughter had written a letter to Olaf before their DW trip wanting to meet him but mom knew they would just be meeting Elsa at MK. The CM allowed it although I am unsure of the details of how they made it happen.

Sometimes you run into a handler who tells you that what you want violates rules, even though other handlers have allowed it. For example, I made up a Happy Birthday sign one year and a Get Well Soon sign one year. Numerous characters held up the sign for pictures. One handler said it was against the rules and her character could not do it. I didn't fight her on it.

Assuming it is allowed, how are you going to accomplish this? I haven't met Ariel before, but normally it would be difficult to give something to a handler without your child seeing it. The handlers are positioned so that they can see the character, and if your child is in line they would see you go up to the handler.

I’ve done something similar. But this was in Disneyland almost 8 years ago. My son accidentally broke his Woody toy. We got a new one and brought it with us to Disney and when we went to the meet and greet, we asked the handler to give Woody to...Woody and make it seem like he “found” the toy. And we made up a story about how we sent Woody to get fixed, and he went home but we weren’t there so he followed us all the way to Disneyland. And Woody found him. It was so magical. He doesn’t really remember it too much since he was only 2. But we have a video of it and his reaction was priceless.

We just did this with Mickey for my mom’s birthday. We were told you can hand it over in his presence but he can’t do it himself. I realize this is different for face characters but it may still be possible with help from the handler.

I know the child could possibly see it but I suspect she will be so star struck that she won’t even notice. My 75 year old mom was oblivious because she was so happy to see Mickey.

In CRT, maybe you can ask your server to ask the character attendant if it's possible.

If you are doing it at CRT, you could easily slip it onto the table by her plate while she hugs Ariel, or your server might help you out. If you want to do it in her grotto m&g, you could walk in first, so that you can get out of the photo pass person's way and see if the handler would help. You could also tuck it into your autograph book, so that Ariel hands it back to you, or if all else fails, have it handy, and when you leave, tell your daughter that Ariel handed you a card for her.

My daughter loved AoA this past spring, but fair warning, the giant Ursula outside can be scary to some little ones, same for Scar and the hyenas that you have to walk through (usually in the dark).

We are planning a 6th birthday trip as well! This age is so fun, with their imaginations running wild!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!