Ariel's Dining Question

csolson2003

Earning My Ears
I have read about Ariel's Grotto and the Character dining they have there but I also found "Ariel's Disney Princess Celebration" on the DCA map. Can someone please tell me if these are one and the same? Did you go and what your experience was like, would you go again? What Princesses did you meet? What was the cost of lunch and dinner? Anything else you can tell that would be helpful would be great. Thanks in advance.

The character dining experience at Ariel's Grotto used to be just Ariel, then it was Mickey and gang. We were just there a week ago and it's now a princess dining experience (with Ariel walking around on legs), and four other princesses. On our trip it was Aurora, Cinderella, Snow White, and Pocahontas.

I think dinner was something like $21 per adult (sorry I don't know the kids' rate). It's a one price dinner and you get to choose an appetizer, main course, and dessert.

It's one of my favorite places to eat, even though they keep changing the characters on us.

We went to Ariel's Grotto in DCA in November for the Princess meal. I think it cost $21 for adults and $17 for kids. I would go again. The service was a little bit slow, but alright. The restraunt was a little worn down but the princesses were beautiful and that was all my daughter cared about. We had four princesses come to our table, one at a time, and sign autographs and pose for pictures.

My husband and I both enjoyed our meals (fish sandwich). My daughter didn't eat any of her meal because she was too excited. The restraunt is right on the water in DCA and makes for a very nice setting. They really make the kids feel special.

We bought a cheap princess outfit at halloween and my daughter wore that. She loved that she and Snow White had the same outfit.

I thought the Princess breakfast was in Disneyland at the Plaza Inn or something? Do they have 2, or has there been a venue change?

sters said:
I thought the Princess breakfast was in Disneyland at the Plaza Inn or something? Do they have 2, or has there been a venue change?

The Princesses no longer dine at the Plaza Inn for breakfast. That is now Minnie & Friends. The Princesses have lunch & dinner at Ariel's Grotto, which is a great experience. The atmosphere is wonderful and the food was very good too. We had great character interaction with the Princesses, even being a table of adults.
I highly recommend the Rocky Road dessert. ;)

CamColt said:
The Princesses no longer dine at the Plaza Inn for breakfast. That is now Minnie & Friends. The Princesses have lunch & dinner at Ariel's Grotto, which is a great experience. The atmosphere is wonderful and the food was very good too. We had great character interaction with the Princesses, even being a table of adults.
I highly recommend the Rocky Road dessert. ;)

Do you recommend the lunch or the dinner?

I forgot to ask, is this a lunch/dinner buffet? Do they bring it to your table? Or is it a la carte? Thanks.

We leave in 22 days and I haven't made a PS yet for ariel's grotto, do you think I need one on a Sunday afternoon or a Monday afternoon? (Jan. 29 ro 30th?)

There were alot of people waiting on Friday afternoon when we went to Ariel's Grotto. I would recommend a reservation so there isn't a problem. Also it will avoid a long wait.

The meal is one set price and you choose a drink, main dish and desert from a menu. I think an apetizer may be included too. The kids meals come in sand pails with a shovel - my daughter loved that.

I believe the menus for lunch and dinner are the same, if not very similar. We happened to do it for lunch because that was when it fit our schedule.

I would definitely book a Priority Seating. I have tried making them for others and sometimes I am limited in the times I can get, when it is close to the date.

The meal is table service, but for one set price you get an appetizer, entree, dessert and non alocholic drink.

One thing I happened to see that I thought was really cute, was a child at the table next to us had gotten a hotdog. It was cut like an Octopus. Such great Disney theming!

And speaking of theming, I know this sounds silly, but I thought the ladies room there was the coolest thing. Even that was themed!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter