Arizona and Utah vs Canadian Rockies

Doingitagain

DIS Veteran
We are looking at doing these itineraries in the next few years. How active is the Arizona and Utah itinerary for a couple of 60 somethings? We walk a lot, but do not hike or do strength training.

No real hiking unless you do it during the on your own time. The ABD walks are typically on paved trails or well manicured dirt, you won't have any steep hikes or scrambles.

We are looking at doing these itineraries in the next few years. How active is the Arizona and Utah itinerary for a couple of 60 somethings? We walk a lot, but do not hike or do strength training.
I did one of the first of these back in 2007. While I agree the walks are rather leisure, I would disagree getting to delicate arch. Do they not have that as part of the itinerary any longer?

I did one of the first of these back in 2007. While I agree the walks are rather leisure, I would disagree getting to delicate arch. Do they not have that as part of the itinerary any longer?
Yes, there is a hike up to Delicate Arch. Is that difficult?

Yes, there is a hike up to Delicate Arch. Is that difficult?
They give two options that day. The Delicate Arch hike is the more difficult option. The second option is to take the bus around to multiple arches where you can climb as much as you like (North and South Window, Double Arch, Sand Dune Arch are the ones I remember). This was great since the kids really enjoyed climbing the rocks (especially Double Arch), whereas my dad who is in his 70s just enjoyed the view from the bottom.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter