Arrival time?

glitzybabes

I miss VMK!!!
What is a good time to arrive at Hollywood Studios to be able to get RTR? I have seen the temperature check lines for the morning and I don’t want to get there too late and miss the chance to get a RTR at 10. We will be driving.

That is a good question, we are going there in a few weeks --does anyone know how long the temperature check lines are taking first thing in the morning or do you need to be there an 30-60 minutes before the gates open?

What is a good time to arrive at Hollywood Studios to be able to get RTR? I have seen the temperature check lines for the morning and I don’t want to get there too late and miss the chance to get a RTR at 10. We will be driving.
If you are driving, I would suggest getting in the car line at 8:45am. They should start letting cars into the parking lot around 9am. I did this in September and was in the park by 9:20am. If you get to the parking lot too early, they will make you drive through and circle back around so timing it as close to 8:45am as possible is key. I was in line by 8:50am and it worked out great.

That is a good question, we are going there in a few weeks --does anyone know how long the temperature check lines are taking first thing in the morning or do you need to be there an 30-60 minutes before the gates open?
Temp check lines moved very quickly for us. I don't feel like they slowed us down at all because security moves so much more quickly. Going through both temp checks and security was faster than just the old security lines.

Temp check lines moved very quickly for us. I don't feel like they slowed us down at all because security moves so much more quickly. Going through both temp checks and security was faster than just the old security lines.
[/QUOT

Great - thanks for the info

Thanks for the info. The lines I guess look more intimidating than they actual are.

Thanks for the info. The lines I guess look more intimidating than they actual are.
The lines coming off of the Skyliner closer to official park opening were quite long. Since you said you were driving, I figured you would be there on the early side which was before the lines got bad. Timing is everything these days.

We were at HS on 10/9 and the line for temp check was all the way to bus stop 14 and it took about 20 minutes to get in.
This pic was taken at 9:24 and we were inside well before 10:00 and got a boarding group.
IMG_4753 (1).jpg

We were at HS on 10/9 and the line for temp check was all the way to bus stop 14 and it took about 20 minutes to get in.
This pic was taken at 9:24 and we were inside well before 10:00 and got a boarding group.
View attachment 532094

You're coming from the other side when you drive in. There are a lot of people walking to the temp check, but there wasn't really a wait either day I went. The lines of people move through quickly.

On our first visit of the trip (Monday 10/12), we arrived (walked from BC) at 8:30 a.m. and the queue for opening was all the way back to the second bus depot area. We were queued along the parking lot side and held there until around 8:45 a.m. and then moved to the right or left for the temperature check queues. You had to choose the right or left side midway down the sidewalk about where the Skyliner entrance is located. We were then held at that point until about 9:00 a.m. at which time it was a running of the bulls past the temp check tents to the security scanners and then on to the tapstiles. We made it to MMRR and were queued there until about 9:15 a.m., but we were on the second or third train and off prior to 9:30 a.m.

Then we headed to Slinky and the queue was already at 80 minutes or so and the MMRR queue was closed to any further guests until capacity diminished. I believe that wait was around 200 minutes for MMRR at that point. We actually only waited on Slinky for about 40 minutes, but that was the exception to the posted time rule. We found the wait times to be fairly accurate within 10-20 minutes.

Crowds at DHS were huge both times we were there last week AND we did get RoTR BGs on both occasions although we only rode once. The ride went down on our second visit and after waiting 60+ minutes for MFSR and the waits the prior visit, we were over it and didn't care to wait it out in hopes that it would resume operation. We scored BG 43 on day one and 51 on day two. Frankly, part of the reason we didn't want to wait it out for Rise was because none of us (4 adults) was all that impressed. Yes, it was cool although I really don't feel it is a "must do" for us. I know we are in the minority but all of us agreed it just felt rushed and while my husband and I are SW fans (the original 3 and the others a bit less so), the other two in our party were not. They did enjoy the experience, but as I said--not worth the long wait for it again.

Our second visit (10/15) we arrived around 9:30 a.m. and it was a sea of humanity trying to get through the entrance--temp check, security and tapstiles. We avoided TSL and SW at opening and went for ToT and RnR and has minimal waits--less than 20 each. We then moved to MFSR and when we joined the queue it indicated 110 minute wait at 9:45 a.m. or so. We had lunch ADRs and knew we didn't have that long, but were hopeful that we could get it done prior to lunch and we did. That wait dropped to 80 minutes while we were walking the queue and we were ultimately on in 60. Our BG was called at 1:00 ish and when we entered the queue we knew there was an issue because it never moved. Our daughter left the queue and learned the ride was down so we bailed in favor of some lovely pool time--it was feeling like the 90s all week last week and it was hot--not a complaint--we love it! Just an observation that it is really difficult in the shank of the afternoon.

Sorry for the disjointed post, but I am exhausted after 10 days at Disney. I hope you get the gist. :flower1:

On our first visit of the trip (Monday 10/12), we arrived (walked from BC) at 8:30 a.m. and the queue for opening was all the way back to the second bus depot area. We were queued along the parking lot side and held there until around 8:45 a.m. and then moved to the right or left for the temperature check queues. You had to choose the right or left side midway down the sidewalk about where the Skyliner entrance is located. We were then held at that point until about 9:00 a.m. at which time it was a running of the bulls past the temp check tents to the security scanners and then on to the tapstiles. We made it to MMRR and were queued there until about 9:15 a.m., but we were on the second or third train and off prior to 9:30 a.m.

Then we headed to Slinky and the queue was already at 80 minutes or so and the MMRR queue was closed to any further guests until capacity diminished. I believe that wait was around 200 minutes for MMRR at that point. We actually only waited on Slinky for about 40 minutes, but that was the exception to the posted time rule. We found the wait times to be fairly accurate within 10-20 minutes.

Crowds at DHS were huge both times we were there last week AND we did get RoTR BGs on both occasions although we only rode once. The ride went down on our second visit and after waiting 60+ minutes for MFSR and the waits the prior visit, we were over it and didn't care to wait it out in hopes that it would resume operation. We scored BG 43 on day one and 51 on day two. Frankly, part of the reason we didn't want to wait it out for Rise was because none of us (4 adults) was all that impressed. Yes, it was cool although I really don't feel it is a "must do" for us. I know we are in the minority but all of us agreed it just felt rushed and while my husband and I are SW fans (the original 3 and the others a bit less so), the other two in our party were not. They did enjoy the experience, but as I said--not worth the long wait for it again.

Our second visit (10/15) we arrived around 9:30 a.m. and it was a sea of humanity trying to get through the entrance--temp check, security and tapstiles. We avoided TSL and SW at opening and went for ToT and RnR and has minimal waits--less than 20 each. We then moved to MFSR and when we joined the queue it indicated 110 minute wait at 9:45 a.m. or so. We had lunch ADRs and knew we didn't have that long, but were hopeful that we could get it done prior to lunch and we did. That wait dropped to 80 minutes while we were walking the queue and we were ultimately on in 60. Our BG was called at 1:00 ish and when we entered the queue we knew there was an issue because it never moved. Our daughter left the queue and learned the ride was down so we bailed in favor of some lovely pool time--it was feeling like the 90s all week last week and it was hot--not a complaint--we love it! Just an observation that it is really difficult in the shank of the afternoon.

Sorry for the disjointed post, but I am exhausted after 10 days at Disney. I hope you get the gist. :flower1:

Thank you for your post. It really will help when trying to plan our day. 🙂

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!