Artificial Tree Recommendations?

miamimi

Mouseketeer
I’m in the market for a new Christmas tree. I meant to look last year after the holidays and never got around to it. I’d like something very full and beautiful, more like what you see in magazines. I’ve looked around locally but haven’t found anything yet that I love. I’m open to looking online but am wary of buying one sight unseen. I’ve heard some good things about Balsam Hill, but never seen one of their trees in person. Are there other places I should be considering?

We have a tree from Steins Garden and Gifts. I think they are a local store but they do sell online. Below is a link to one tree. They have a lot of variety. We have a prelit tree that uses the brilliant lighting system. We’ve had our tree for 5 years and just this year we had to replace lights as parts of strands went out, but it was a fairly easy process and they had extra replacement lights attached to multiple branches on the trees so it wasn’t an issue at all.

https://www.shopsteins.com/shop/direct-export-co--/norway-fir-75-ft-w-colored-brilliant-lights-97234

We have had great luck with the look and quality of GE trees. Have purchased from Sears and Home Depot in the past.

Ours is from sams or Costco...can’t remember. It is 9ft and prelit. Very full and bright. I was sick of stringing lights about 3 years ago and finally said that’s is, we are going fake. So great!

I get a slim fit tree because those full ones don't fit at all in our house. I bought mine from Hobby Lobby about 5 years ago. Another strand of lights on it quit working this year so I'll probably replace it next year.

I have to actually see the tree in person before I'd buy it to make sure I'll like it. I'm pretty picky.

I’m in the market for a new Christmas tree. I meant to look last year after the holidays and never got around to it. I’d like something very full and beautiful, more like what you see in magazines. I’ve looked around locally but haven’t found anything yet that I love. I’m open to looking online but am wary of buying one sight unseen. I’ve heard some good things about Balsam Hill, but never seen one of their trees in person. Are there other places I should be considering?

I just bought my first artificial tree from Balsam Hill and am so happy I did! It’s one of the new flip trees and I got the Balsam Fir. Can’t say enough good things about it....it literally rolls out of the box and you flip it, snap on the top and fluff a bit and you are done. I’ve helped my sister with her artificial tree before and it took hours and doesn’t look as good as mine, in both our opinions.

Sorry, it won’t let me post a picture (says it’s too large) and I don’t know how to fix it. It looks like the photos on the Balsam Hill website though.

We love our Balsam Hill tree (look for one of their sales as they aren't cheap). We also went unlighted and put our own lights on after having two pre-lit trees in the past have sections stop working and look terrible and require extra lights added anyway.

Another vote for Balsam Hill. We bought our tree there last year. Ours has lights and a remote control. We can have clear lights, multi lights or both clear and multi. It was fun confusing our neighbors last year.

We bought a GE tree last year from Costco. It is 9 foot and is pre-lit. It can be all clear or multi colored lights, or flashing back and forth if you are my 7 year old daughter. I love our tree!

We have been looking for a new tree as well. I'm glad some had a good experience with Balsam Hill, but I have crossed them off my list. They have terrible reviews on line mostly for customer service. Please do your own research, but google their reviews before you decide. Good luck.

I used Tree Classics. The reviews were mixed but I had a great experience. I wanted a slim, multi-colored, real looking 7.5' tree and they had exactly what I wanted. The price was decent. Tree is in year 5. This year one small section of lights was out but we moved it to the back.

My parents swear by Frontgate trees but they've got plenty of money and I don't!

For our office I bought the 9' Costco tree last year. It's great. I just wish they'd let me have the colored lights on but they insist on white:)

Also, I got a Tree Keeper bag half price at Dillard's after Christmas. If you're going to spend a decent amount on a tree, get a good bag which protects it.

Thanks for everyone's comments. I was almost convinced to buy a Balsam Hill tree, but the reviews about their customer service do concern me. I know I'm getting down to the wire, but I would appreciate any additional feedback.

I got Frontgate last year at Cyber Monday and got a great deal, I had my old tree up, but got an awesome deal o a tree for this year. The first one they sent didn't light and they immediately sent me a free shipping label and replaced the tree. The tree itself is beautiful, and I was afraid if I had problems, but Frontgate made it good as easily as possible.

We got a new tree from Home Depot as an after Christmas sale two Christmases ago. It's a 9 ft tree that retailed for over $700 that I snagged for $125. So last year was our first year using it. It is absolutely gorgeous and looks so real. I didn't even want to decorate it, it was so pretty without them so we limited the decorations to my Disney ornaments and few special other ones. It's up again this year and still looks as terrific as I remembered it.

We bought a tree from balsam Hill during their July sale and are very pleased with it. Just in case you weren’t aware, you can purchase a box of sample branches from them. It was very helpful to us to select which kind of tree we wanted. Then if you do go ahead and purchase a tree From balsam Hill, they will give you a credit for the cost of the sample box. :-)

We got a tree from costco several years ago that is gorgeous. The tree seems very well made. Unfortunately we only
used it once before i got a flocked artificial tree that we love from King of christmas...oh and 1 from vickerman. Both
beautiful.

We have a 9ft tree from sams. Best decision ever. It takes 5 mins to set up...no exaggerating. And no fluffig needed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter