~Artists Point~ What are your opinions?

eyoreaud

<font color=peach>Who? Us? Nosey? NEVER!<br><font
Hi All,

Thinking of making ADR for Artists Point. Is this in Wilderness Lodge? Tried Whispering Canyon last time and that was a laugh food was pretty ordinary but nice enough. Didn't see Artists Point there but someone told me it definitly was there:confused:

Is Artists Point quieter?
Do they serve lunch and Dinner?

Thanx :)

Yes, Artist's Point is at Wilderness Lodge. We are there last year for the first time. Thought the food was nice enough, but nothing special, in our opinion. Yes, the atmosphere is totally different from Whispering Canyon - more refined if you like. I think they only serve dinner, but I'm sure someone will come along to confirm. We did have an ADR (can't remember what time) but had to wait quite a while before we were seated and there seemed to be quite a few other parties who also had a long wait past their ADR time. We preferred Jiko at AKL.

Artist Point is located on the same side of the lobby as WCC, but at the back (it overlooks the pool). I can see why you may have missed it as it's tucked away in the corner behind the Territory Lounge (bar) and you can't see it from the lobby.

Artist Point is entirely different from WCC being one of the more upscale offerings and is said to be on a par with the likes of Flying Fish Cafe, Citricos, Narcoosee's and Jiko. Of course, that's always going to be down to individual opinion, but it gives you an idea of where it sits in the scheme of things. It is only open for dinner.

We've eaten there a couple of times, although not for a while, and we've got an ADR for August. I suppose I'd say the food isn't qute as good as some of those it's compared with, but it definitely belongs in that category. It's quite a big space, but it's a lot more subdued than some of the others - I like it. I also really like the Territory Lounge - great for a pre-dinner drink and right outside the entrance to AP, so not such an issue if they're late calling you through!

I quite like the menu there - like the wine pairings too! :rolleyes1
I also really like the Territory Lounge - great for a pre-dinner drink and right outside the entrance to AP, so not such an issue if they're late calling you through!
Love the Territory Lounge! :thumbsup2 We had a great evening there last August playing drinking games with a Canadian couple - losers bought the drinks and all I'm saying is DH came away with a very fat wallet... ;)

Thanks for all the replies everyone:)

Will definitly give this a try, and of course we'll have to try out the bar as well:rolleyes1 . Well you've got to be polite:rolleyes1 and "when in Rome" (or WDW in this case) "do as the Romans do":rolleyes1

S'got to be done IMO;)

We ate there last year and loved it. Food is good, bit on the rich size, especially with the huge american portions. It was very quiet when we were there and we enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere. Also we weren't rushed.

The appletini was lovely!

I've eaten there twice and enjoyed the food. The buffalo steak is great - along with Cedar plank salmon is a 'signature' dish. The last time I ate there though, it was on the chilly side (dining room, not food) thanks to the a/c - common enough in Florida (just why do they do it :confused3 ) and that makes me less keen to rush back.

Thanks for your replies, i'll try the Appletini then jj:thumbsup2

thanks for this post Audrey, it has been useful to us, we are thinking of Artist Point for Christmas Dinner

We dined there last week. It was joint winner of 'meal of the holiday' for us. I had portobello mushroom soup and Alaskan Halibut. It was delicious. They do a mean margarita too! :thumbsup2

Thanks Kona Queen, i'm just dying to try it now!:thumbsup2

Your very welcome Crispywelsh, glad to be of help! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter