• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Artists' Pointe & Citrico's?

Sazzo'sMommy

DIS Veteran
Well, my Darling DH gave me a great Mothers' Day/Anniversary Present!! He made PS's, something he has NEVER EVER DONE, at both Artist's Pointe and Citrico's for our upcoming summer trip! I am so proud of him!

Now, from you all, I would like only your positive reviews, since we have never dined at either before! I would like to reaffirm, to him, that this is a wonderfully thoughtful present, because my friends at the DIS said these choices were excellent!

Thank you for your helpful comments!:grouphug:

They are two of my fav restaurants. Here are my reviews from late 2001 on them:
CITRICOS
http://www.geocities.com/dre_sargent/citricos_gf.html

ARTIST POINT
http://www.geocities.com/dre_sargent/ap_wl.html

I also recommend at Citricos from my late 2003 trip the Fois Gras Raviloi ($8), the basil crusted rack of lamb ($29) and the roasted duck breast ($25). Say howdy to Chef Grey from the wacky red-head from San Francisco.

My favs from the 2003 trip to Artist Point were the grilled buffalo sirloin with sweet potato gratin and sweet onion jam ($30) and the scallops with crushed butternut squash and truffled honey borwn butter ($25). For dessert the flourless chocolate whiskey cakew ith pecans and raspberry sorbet ($7)

He made excellent choice as far as Artist Point is concerned. We have never been to Citrico's.

Artist Point, food, service, atmosphere, all spectacular. You are going to love it. Allow time to look around the resort. The gift shop is one of the nicer on disney property. Also, take time to walk outside, enjoy the beauty out there..it will be a nice romantic after dinner walk.

If you arrive early, you can also stop by the little bar, on the left before eating dinner and share a glass of champagne, or your favorite drink.

We absolutely love Artist Point..we have been taking friends and family there ever since they have opened.

We've never been to Citrico's, but Artist Point is wonderful...one of our favorites! We'll be eating there again next week! The food, service, atmosphere, all wonderful!

Be sure to try the Smoke Portabello soup...it is out of this world! My dh got it last time, and it was so good, he wouldn't even share it with me!!:p I'm getting my own this time!

I love Artist's Point! That's where I got engaged.

Love them both. Buffalo sirloin at Artist Point is delicious. Great wine list at AP, with a focus on Oregon and Washington wines.

Citricos is also super. Beautiful restaurant with great service. I look the food there slightly better than at AP, but they are both great.

We've been to both restaurants several times and have always had great food and great service. The menu at Citrico's is Mediterannean while the food at AP is Pacific Northwest (with a flair). It seemed louder at Citrico's the last time but maybe that was me. One of my favorite meals on Disney property is the braised veal shank at Citricos, but you could not go wrong at either.

Glad to hear that you asked about Artist Point. We have never eaten here, but are planning on it on our next trip. We always pick one new restaurant to try on each trip and Artist Point is the one for our next trip.

Citricos is the most under-rated place in all of WDW. It also gets our vote for most pretty place as well. we're actually having our wedding reception there next year. Not only is their food fantastic, but their service exceeds that of the Cali Grille.

~ Chris

oooouuuu! Thanks for some of those reviews on Citrico's, I've been debating on making a PS there for our next trip, just might do that since we've never been!

We really like AP, just love that salmon!! One of fav restaurants!

How is the dress at Citrico's? We usually wear nice shorts during the day so will that be OK or should we plan on changing to something a little nicer. Perhaps a nice short outfit or skort for me and khakis for DH?

I've also never been to Citricos, but Artist's Point is maybe my favorite WDW restaurant! I loved the chicken (yes, I am boring and eat chicken in fancy restaurants!!) and also the pork chop with the cheddar and blue cheese mac and cheese.

But, the best part of dinner is easily the berry cobbler. It's huge and amazingly delicious. The cake part is almost like a flatish blueberry muffin and they cover it in a big mound of berries. Definitely enough for two and totally worth saving room for!

Try and post reviews when you get back, I'd love to hear what you think of both places!

Barb A. - I'm sure that is fine for Citrico's. "most" WDW restaurants are pretty casual. Even "nice" shorts are usually fine. I cannot remember my dh ever wearing anything but shorts to all of the restaurants we've been to in WDW (except when it was cold he wore jeans--to AP). And, we've been to A LOT of them!

The only restaurant I know that has a "true" dress code in WDW is V&A. (unless I missed one).:sunny:

LiloH- I bet AP's chicken is anything but "boring"!:teeth: oh, and if you don't mind me asking, what Philly suburb??

for giving all of the positive reviews! I'll tell my DH he did an awesome job of surprising me!

He also secured an old favorite for dinner too...Chef Mickey's!

I can't wait for both AP (I love SALMON!) and Citrico's!

Thanks again my DIS friends!:hug:

Originally posted by jwfla422
Barb A. - I'm sure that is fine for Citrico's. "most" WDW restaurants are pretty casual. Even "nice" shorts are usually fine. I cannot remember my dh ever wearing anything but shorts to all of the restaurants we've been to in WDW (except when it was cold he wore jeans--to AP). And, we've been to A LOT of them!

The only restaurant I know that has a "true" dress code in WDW is V&A. (unless I missed one).:sunny:

LiloH- I bet AP's chicken is anything but "boring"!:teeth: oh, and if you don't mind me asking, what Philly suburb??

We live in Delaware county, PA. In Wallingford which is near Media and Swarthmore.

The chicken was definitely not boring! I remember it being quite good actually! I've really never had anything less than great at Artist's Point!

If you're into wine I also suggest the Cellar Flight wine selection. They have a really nice assortment of wines from the pacific northwest that they tailor to your meal. They usually even have a bottle or two from my all-time favorite vineyard, Hogue which is north of Seattle. Definitely worth trying!

I am usually not a big salmon fan but had heard so much about it on these boards so on our first trip to Artist Point that's what I chose. Boy was I glad!! It's one of the best meals I've ever eaten. My husband enjoyed the buffalo while one of the kids had the pork chop (raved about it) and the other had the chicken(also very good!) I had the mussels as an appetizer and loved the flavor!! We did the wine pairings and I am a red wine drinker. The waitress brought me an "extra" glass of white wine because she thought I would like it with the mussels. We also tried the venison rolls and rabbit sausage. For dessert I had the most wonderful chocolate bread pudding. Very warm and creamy. AP is definitely one of my favorite spots and am returning again this July. Tell your husband he did good!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter