As a wheelchair user (no car), and if the Dolphin Resort was slightly cheaper, would you stay at Pop Century Resort?

Which resort would you stay at if you it cost about the same & w/mobility device?

• Total voters
I voted for Dolphin because of its location. Pop was our home resort for a lot of years, but with how absurdly crowded it has been post-reopening and being wary of the Skyliner, Dolphin would be a better choice for our circumstances.

I understand people saying they want to support Disney CMs, but the people working at Swolphin are just as deserving of their jobs and just as screwed by the pandemic. If anything, CMs have a better/stronger union that has helped protect more of them, and the company that employs them is more diversified which means while there have obviously been layoffs there is still more opportunity for Disney to recoup some money than companies that are only in the hotel/hospitality business. If I say "I would stay at Pop to support Disney CMs," my brain fills in "because who cares if Swolphin employees get fired?" To be clear, I am not saying that's anyone else's thought process, just where my brain comes from.

The one thing I would be wary of with Dolphin, other than the questions about Mears buses to get to/from MK and AK, is that it's all enclosed/indoors as opposed to the corridors being outside like at Pop.

My biggest concern about renting at Swolphin is that I have never actually been able to find good photos of the roll-in shower rooms there.

We need a roll-in shower room with 2 beds (for when I travel with our adult daughter) and so many hotels only have a single king bed in that room type; it's really frustrating. I know a lot of chair-bound people who travel with a companion, and they dont' mind sharing a room, but don't really want to share a bed...

I would lean toward Pop.

Normally, I prefer hotels with indoor corridors for a number of reasons. But during covid given the choice between these two options, I think I might be more comfortable with outdoor corridors.

In addition, with Pop you will have more functional space in the room. And the fake hardwood floors vs carpet, which are easier to move on and easier to keep clean [and be cleaned between the previous guests and you].

While the menu at Pop's food court is not as large as normal, it still looks pretty good with lots of options, and you'll have AoA's food court as well, plus skyliner [and roundabout Disney bus] access to other resorts and their restaurants.

With Pop every Disney bus is accessible, you are only dependent on whether there are other guests ahead of you. With Swolphin my understanding is most of the buses are not accessible, PLUS there may be other guests ahead of you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter