As the Ticker Turns...the neverending saga of the Resort Changers

So I stumbled across this thread. I didn't know you could change resorts! This thread made it so I could change my mind, which I did on our upcoming trip. We originally booked all star sports but the fact that the beds were going to be doubles and the rooms not being refurbished was getting to me. So I emailed our Dreams agent and was able to switch to movies. I'm feeling good about the change. I would have gone with a moderate but we're trying to keep costs down.
Movies is my favorite of the All stars .

So I stumbled across this thread. I didn't know you could change resorts! This thread made it so I could change my mind, which I did on our upcoming trip. We originally booked all star sports but the fact that the beds were going to be doubles and the rooms not being refurbished was getting to me. So I emailed our Dreams agent and was able to switch to movies. I'm feeling good about the change. I would have gone with a moderate but we're trying to keep costs down.
That’s a great move, the refurbed rooms are so nice. I stayed there for a quick last minute trip in August and didn’t regret it for a second.

Welcome, omniscientmommy! Oh, the fun of changing resorts can become addictive so do be careful! I always worried that Disney would mess up my reservation so I only tend to change a lot when traveling with a friend who wants to change resorts. One trip my friend changed so often that I wasn’t sure where we’d be checking in! 🤣 Now that’s not to say I don’t change because I definitely do. 😊 Usually a good discount moves us to another resort. Happy planning! 😃

Changed resorts *again* for the first few days of our March trip (the stay at AKL is on DVC points, so that’s one I cannot change.) I believe that this is the 5th resort I’ve reserved for these few nights, and this change makes me sniffle a bit. I’d scored a pretty good rate at GDT Club Access, but not only would my two companions not eat enough to justify the club upgrade, but one will now be on a scooter and that can be a challenge on a bus - especially at GDT. So I’ve flipped us to a Nemo suite at AoA - the Skyliner makes travel a breeze. I think I’m done now. However, I still have a few weeks, so ...

Well, I did it again. Started out with a trip 9/2-9/7 @ the Dolphin SV. Realized flights were cheaper 8/30 than 9/2 so added BC GV 8/30-9/2. Then switched BC to 8/30-9/3, shorten Dolphin to 9/3-9/7. Looked to switch BC to YC and Dolphin to Swan. Then I remembered my TA had an agency exclusive for BC SV CL for the entire time. Guess what we're doing now??? Using Disney math, I realized that if we eat in the lounge for most breakfasts, catch evening snacks a few times and fill up on soda and lemonade along with a couple of beers we're saving money, lol!

Last edited:
2020 update.....I want to fast forward to 2021

My last trip was January 2020, to my favorite BWI CL <3
We were supposed to go in April....changed to May.....changed to October.....changed to December (that'll probably change to May 2021)

I have my AP and I wanna use it :)
That said, I am ok waiting. I am a nurse, and in late April became sick with Covid-19. With the numbers climbing in Florida...I'll wait. (Don't worry no political or controversial post here, I just have a very unique perspective on the disease so I am well aware of the reality and how deadly it is)

Our July summer trip was cancelled by Disney, and my girls' HS music trip in December was cancelled by Disney. I assume that means no Candlelight this year, since they were singing in it :(

I might....might...bring the family down in December. But I will wait and see. I won a JetBlue frontline contest for 2 RT tickets, plus a bunch of airline credit I am ready to plan!

That is what I miss, what we are all missing right now. The ability to book, to change, and to plan! :grouphug: I hope all my RC gang is well!!!

2020 update.....I want to fast forward to 2021

My last trip was January 2020, to my favorite BWI CL <3
We were supposed to go in April....changed to May.....changed to October.....changed to December (that'll probably change to May 2021)

I have my AP and I wanna use it :)
That said, I am ok waiting. I am a nurse, and in late April became sick with Covid-19. With the numbers climbing in Florida...I'll wait. (Don't worry no political or controversial post here, I just have a very unique perspective on the disease so I am well aware of the reality and how deadly it is)

Our July summer trip was cancelled by Disney, and my girls' HS music trip in December was cancelled by Disney. I assume that means no Candlelight this year, since they were singing in it :(

I might....might...bring the family down in December. But I will wait and see. I won a JetBlue frontline contest for 2 RT tickets, plus a bunch of airline credit I am ready to plan!

That is what I miss, what we are all missing right now. The ability to book, to change, and to plan! :grouphug: I hope all my RC gang is well!!!
:eek: Wow Pas, so sorry you got the virus, but good to hear you recovered.
I’m in the wait and see camp too. With 2 trips on the books with airfare too. First trip is with oldest dd early Aug at CBR. I’m pretty sure I’ll cancel. Our border isn’t open yet, just got extended to July 21 closure and may well get another extension. And the numbers out of Florida look grim. I’m in the 60’s so in that risk group. But I don’t loose anything by canceling a week or 2 before travel. And Disney might cancel my trip knowing I’m Canadian.
Adding to it is if border does open by Aug, and if we have a 2 week quarantine that’s a deal breaker for us, dd can’t take 4 weeks off work for a 2 week vacay.

Second trip is with girlfriends late Nov/early Dec. we love the Christmas decorations at wdw. I’ll wait and see what things look like then. But deep in my heart I don’t feel like it will improve, and maybe second wave? Maybe WDW will shut down again? Who knows.

Seems we are in the same boat.

Just stumbled upon this thread...originally planned POFQ for May 2020 then decided split stay Coronado Springs/POFQ...then decided Gran Destino Tower no POFQ...then covid decided not May 2020...so decided GDT for May 2021, then heard about the bathroom layout and decided AoA Cars Suite for me, DH, DS22, DS24...still on for May 2021 (for now)

:eek: Wow Pas, so sorry you got the virus, but good to hear you recovered.
I’m in the wait and see camp too. With 2 trips on the books with airfare too. First trip is with oldest dd early Aug at CBR. I’m pretty sure I’ll cancel. Our border isn’t open yet, just got extended to July 21 closure and may well get another extension. And the numbers out of Florida look grim. I’m in the 60’s so in that risk group. But I don’t loose anything by canceling a week or 2 before travel. And Disney might cancel my trip knowing I’m Canadian.
Adding to it is if border does open by Aug, and if we have a 2 week quarantine that’s a deal breaker for us, dd can’t take 4 weeks off work for a 2 week vacay.

Second trip is with girlfriends late Nov/early Dec. we love the Christmas decorations at wdw. I’ll wait and see what things look like then. But deep in my heart I don’t feel like it will improve, and maybe second wave? Maybe WDW will shut down again? Who knows.

Seems we are in the same boat.

**update** As anticipated I had to cancel our WDW Aug trip. My daughter still had those 2 weeks off work so we did a couple of mini trips in our province. A few days at Whistler then a few days at Harrison Hot Springs resort.
We had switched our Nov/Dec Christmas trip to Universal at Hard Rock but still have closed borders. So I’m fairly cert I’ll be canceling. Should have govt border update in another week.
Now I’m not even sure my Aug 2021 trip is sure. Hopefully by then there will be a vaccine and borders will open Without having to quarantine when we return home.

**update** As anticipated I had to cancel our WDW Aug trip. My daughter still had those 2 weeks off work so we did a couple of mini trips in our province. A few days at Whistler then a few days at Harrison Hot Springs resort.
We had switched our Nov/Dec Christmas trip to Universal at Hard Rock but still have closed borders. So I’m fairly cert I’ll be canceling. Should have govt border update in another week.
Now I’m not even sure my Aug 2021 trip is sure. Hopefully by then there will be a vaccine and borders will open Without having to quarantine when we return home.
This is truly the neverending virus. My May 2021 trip was cancelled, I booked Poly Honeymoon Room and no Poly, no CL...I still kind of want to find my way to Orlando in December, but I'm still waiting and watching. Right now I am with you, crossing my fingers to get to Florida next summer and hopefully do Universal with the kiddos and maybe even Flower and Garden in Spring :hug:

This is truly the neverending virus. My May 2021 trip was cancelled, I booked Poly Honeymoon Room and no Poly, no CL...I still kind of want to find my way to Orlando in December, but I'm still waiting and watching. Right now I am with you, crossing my fingers to get to Florida next summer and hopefully do Universal with the kiddos and maybe even Flower and Garden in Spring :hug:
I’ve decided I’m going to Orlando- Universal late Nov. we originally booked PBH but they closed it so we will be at HRH. Could have gotten a good deal for RPH CL, but with Covid protocols I don’t think CL will be worth it.
After research I found an insurance company that includes Covid and with good coverage. Many companies have excluded Covid. And some who are now starting to include it have inadequate coverage amount. I won’t step foot in the US without travel medical.
Apparently we can fly to the US. And they have to let me back into 🇨🇦 Cause I’m a citizen lol. Just can’t cross by land.
Love the parks with all the Christmas decorations. I hope you get there.
We’ll be at wdw early Aug provided they lift quarantine when we get home. Daughter can’t take 4 weeks off work for a 2 week vacay. Undecided where we’re going to stay. Have CBR booked because I want to try the Skyliner. But thinking about YC. The past few years we’ve been bouncing around the MK resorts so time for some chchchanges maybe!

it's been furrrreeevvverrrr since I've been here.... but I logged in to look for DVC points to rent, and now I get notifications LOL. I miss you, and I hope you will get back to our happy place soon. I'm at BCV for 4 nights in November, even though it's not completely a pleasure trip. I had to stalk for points because I would NOT be trying to book any resort that solely relies on busses right now... they were a mess a few weeks ago at POP for the 2 nights I was there. Princesses must stay at Princess places. princess:

I’ve decided I’m going to Orlando- Universal late Nov. we originally booked PBH but they closed it so we will be at HRH. Could have gotten a good deal for RPH CL, but with Covid protocols I don’t think CL will be worth it.
After research I found an insurance company that includes Covid and with good coverage. Many companies have excluded Covid. And some who are now starting to include it have inadequate coverage amount. I won’t step foot in the US without travel medical.
Apparently we can fly to the US. And they have to let me back into 🇨🇦 Cause I’m a citizen lol. Just can’t cross by land.
Love the parks with all the Christmas decorations. I hope you get there.
We’ll be at wdw early Aug provided they lift quarantine when we get home. Daughter can’t take 4 weeks off work for a 2 week vacay. Undecided where we’re going to stay. Have CBR booked because I want to try the Skyliner. But thinking about YC. The past few years we’ve been bouncing around the MK resorts so time for some chchchanges maybe!
I logged into my work's discount site and CSR popped up for $120 a night yesterday. The problem is, numbers are rising again and it's not looking promising for winter. I can't afford to come home and quarantine two weeks, or even worse get sick. So, do I take a spur of the moment trip before we peak again? Or just keep Disney dreaming?

I totally agree that Universal CL is not worth it right now. Not the way it's set up. I LOVE HRH!! I actually love all of the Universal resorts! Be safe Sue!! I hope to see some November pics <3
it's been furrrreeevvverrrr since I've been here.... but I logged in to look for DVC points to rent, and now I get notifications LOL. I miss you, and I hope you will get back to our happy place soon. I'm at BCV for 4 nights in November, even though it's not completely a pleasure trip. I had to stalk for points because I would NOT be trying to book any resort that solely relies on busses right now... they were a mess a few weeks ago at POP for the 2 nights I was there. Princesses must stay at Princess places. princess:
YAY!! MISS YOU!! I looked at Dolphin too with those cheap rates, plus I have points.....aye decisions...

@pas130 wow that’s a great rate for CSR! I’ve never stayed there. so tempting isn’t it! But you have to do what’s best for you, I think I read you had the virus? Scary. Glad you got thru it. I hope a safe vaccine comes out soon.

I know, it’s pretty scary traveling now. And I’ve been waffling for months. I had this trip booked for quite awhile. Well before Covid. Sigh. It’s hard to know what to do. Easier now that I’m retired and although quarantine right before Christmas will be inconvenient I don't have the work worry.
We love HRH too. Our last stay there was great. We had pool view and could see the parks, Rip Rocket etc. Was really nice at night with all the lights. And can’t beat the short walk to the parks. Hope the pool gate will be open!

Changing my mind again so figured I'd update...so far the progression since May 2020 has been POFQ for May 2020 then switched to CSR (May 2020-cancelled), GDT (August 2020-cancelled), AOA (May 2021 - likely to cancel) and now...May 2022 here we come Swan, well that is once booking opens...

Changing my mind again so figured I'd update...so far the progression since May 2020 has been POFQ for May 2020 then switched to CSR (May 2020-cancelled), GDT (August 2020-cancelled), AOA (May 2021 - likely to cancel) and now...May 2022 here we come Swan, well that is once booking opens...
We have CBR booked for last Aug, had to change to Aug 2021, now in all probability I’ll have to reschedule again for Aug 2022. Maybe thinking of switching to an EPcot resort. I’ve always wondered about Swan/Dolphin but the daily resort fee put me off, and not many balconies. I loved B.C./YC.
And now that in 2022 no more DME....it won’t matter as much.

We have CBR booked for last Aug, had to change to Aug 2021, now in all probability I’ll have to reschedule again for Aug 2022. Maybe thinking of switching to an EPcot resort. I’ve always wondered about Swan/Dolphin but the daily resort fee put me off, and not many balconies. I loved B.C./YC.
And now that in 2022 no more DME....it won’t matter as much.
The daily resort fees put me off too but actually looking at this year's pricing even with the resort fees we could rent 2 rooms at the Swan for less than a suite at AoA (of course that could be different next year). Figured my two adult sons would be much more comfortable in real beds as opposed to a murphy bed and sleep sofa...Would love a balcony room!

The daily resort fees put me off too but actually looking at this year's pricing even with the resort fees we could rent 2 rooms at the Swan for less than a suite at AoA (of course that could be different next year). Figured my two adult sons would be much more comfortable in real beds as opposed to a murphy bed and sleep sofa...Would love a balcony room!
Very true. WDW suite prices are way out of line.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!