As the Ticker Turns...the neverending saga of the Resort Changers

We are booked 2 nights at ASsp and 6 nights at AKL. With the promotions out, I was able to get YC garden view for the 3 nights after our ASsp stay and with that and then the last 3 nights at AKL at rack rate, we can get the vacation for a total of $500 less than 6 nights at AKL.
That would be Nov 29-Dec1 at ASsp
Dec 1-4 Yacht Club
Dec 4-7 AKL

That's a bit too much isn't it? We have a dd9 and dd13month old. My husband loves the Epcot resorts. What to do

We are booked 2 nights at ASsp and 6 nights at AKL. With the promotions out, I was able to get YC garden view for the 3 nights after our ASsp stay and with that and then the last 3 nights at AKL at rack rate, we can get the vacation for a total of $500 less than 6 nights at AKL.
That would be Nov 29-Dec1 at ASsp
Dec 1-4 Yacht Club
Dec 4-7 AKL

That's a bit too much isn't it? We have a dd9 and dd13month old. My husband loves the Epcot resorts. What to do
Well for me that would be too much, 3 resorts in 8 days! All that packing up x3 with a 9 yr old and a baby. Doesn't scream vacation to me!! And my kids are adults. They pack themselves. I wouldn't even do a 2 resort split for anything under a 10 night stay. But that's me. I've done plenty of splits with 2 resorts for 10+ days. Once I did 3 resorts, I stayed arrival day at Pop. And I found that too much, and we had a 2 week vacay.

Well for me that would be too much, 3 resorts in 8 days! All that packing up x3 with a 9 yr old and a baby. Doesn't scream vacation to me!! And my kids are adults. They pack themselves. I wouldn't even do a 2 resort split for anything under a 10 night stay. But that's me. I've done plenty of splits with 2 resorts for 10+ days. Once I did 3 resorts, I stayed arrival day at Pop. And I found that too much, and we had a 2 week vacay.
I know. Think it's too much. I don't mind the packing/unpacking because I'll do a good job of separating the clothes based on the resort ( I get crazy organized and label ziplock bags with our clothes). I am a bit worried about all the extra stuff I'll need for our baby but mostly just checking in and out of everywhere is what I'd be worried about.

I know. Think it's too much. I don't mind the packing/unpacking because I'll do a good job of separating the clothes based on the resort ( I get crazy organized and label ziplock bags with our clothes). I am a bit worried about all the extra stuff I'll need for our baby but mostly just checking in and out of everywhere is what I'd be worried about.
Yes babies need so much paraphernalia! And it just seems for 8 days all you'll be doing is checking in and out. Also with a baby it just won't be convenient being homeless on 2 check in days. There's no guarantee you'll get a room by 3:00. On a couple of occasions I had to wait till 5:00
Not to mention the fact you won't really get much of a feel for the resorts. I'd really stick to orig plan. Saving $500 isn't worth it imo

I am so proud of myself! I only switched one time for our upcoming trip :yay: I am a notorious resort changer. I have been known to switch multiple times. I changed from POP to CSR.

The last 2 years I haven't been able to change because I rented someone's points. Now I own DVC I guess my changes are limited. Lol

I am guilty of changing from AoA to BWV in the span of about 2 days. AoA was rack rate, and BWV had a 30% discount...couldn't help myself!

I constantly change. This trip was BB at Poly, then free dining split stay at YC/AKL, then all GF, then BW, now GF and AKL savannah view using pin code. no more changes.. LOL

Ok I'm back! I thought I was done. We had 5 nights at CCV and I'm finally SMH and just today booked POFQ for the 5 nights instead. I just couldn't conceive of paying almost $2,300 dollars (this is also a discounted price) for a DVC when I'm a DVC member myself. That, and besides the fact that I want to book an Alaska cruise next summer for my 60th and will need money for that. I just couldn't justify the cost in the end. We stayed at POFQ in June 2015 and I was pretty happy with the resort. I did love the compactness of it as you could walk from any building to the parking lot or the restaurant/lobby fairly quickly. The grounds are also lovely so I went with it instead for our October trip. Pretty last minute even for me. We also have BWV for the second leg of our trip through DVC so that eases the pain a bit. Now, if I were going during the Christmas season I probably would have stayed at CCV.

Ok I'm back! I thought I was done. We had 5 nights at CCV and I'm finally SMH and just today booked POFQ for the 5 nights instead. I just couldn't conceive of paying almost $2,300 dollars (this is also a discounted price) for a DVC when I'm a DVC member myself. That, and besides the fact that I want to book a Alaska cruise next summer for my 60th and will need money for that. I just couldn't justify the cost in the end. We stayed at POFQ in June 2015 and I was pretty happy with the resort. I did love the compactness of it as you could walk from any building to the parking lot or the restaurant/lobby fairly quickly. The grounds are also lovely so I went with it instead for our October trip. Pretty last minute even for me. We also have BWV for the second leg of our trip through DVC so that eases the pain a bit. Now, if I were going during the Christmas season I probably would have stayed at CCV.

I just changed mine too. Switched back to YC from GF to save more $.

I just discovered this thread and it was like it was made for me. I change resorts around so often. Just recently I switched from YC to Contemporary and I've been flipping back and forth trying to decide if I want to do a one-bedroom theme park view villa at Bay Lake or a theme park view at the Contemporary.

I just discovered this thread and it was like it was made for me. I change resorts around so often. Just recently I switched from YC to Contemporary and I've been flipping back and forth trying to decide if I want to do a one-bedroom theme park view villa at Bay Lake or a theme park view at the Contemporary.
Theme park view in the tower is my dream
RC is fun isn't it? For our Nov trip I have book BC, BC Villa, back to BC, AKL, BWI and now at YC lol
Welcome to the group

Just flipped again too from POFQ to a Contemporary Tower Bay Lake view. We used to stay in these rooms when we first went to Disney in the 70s. So many memories in this resort for me. So I got 2 nights here and also 3 nights at the Grand Floridian in a Garden View Outer building for 3 nights. I'm so glad I have the Passholder rate available or otherwise I would never get to stay at either one of these. I saved $95/night at CRT and $148/night at GF. I think I'm done now but probably only because there's not much left for late October but of course one never knows. :rolleyes1 It won't stopping me from looking anyway. :tongue:

Hello, my name is Celia, and I am a resort changer!

I typically play around with my choices a bunch until a few weeks out if see more discounts come out or just more inventory open up. This trip I started out just booking Pop (my fall-back, home resort), then changed to PORS, then found a good rate for AKL Standard but ended up changing my arrival date by one day and could keep the AKL, so added in CSR for two day split with WL at rack rate. So no discount. I have nice tripped planned out with time to explore the WL and enjoy it. Will be spending lots of time at MK for Halloween Party and other stuff. WL is my favorite resort but I have not gotten to stay there yet. But now...I am starting to think I may need to step back down and just do CSR or PORS or even go back to good old reliable Pop.

The struggle is real!!!

Hello, my name is Celia, and I am a resort changer!

I typically play around with my choices a bunch until a few weeks out if see more discounts come out or just more inventory open up. This trip I started out just booking Pop (my fall-back, home resort), then changed to PORS, then found a good rate for AKL Standard but ended up changing my arrival date by one day and could keep the AKL, so added in CSR for two day split with WL at rack rate. So no discount. I have nice tripped planned out with time to explore the WL and enjoy it. Will be spending lots of time at MK for Halloween Party and other stuff. WL is my favorite resort but I have not gotten to stay there yet. But now...I am starting to think I may need to step back down and just do CSR or PORS or even go back to good old reliable Pop.

The struggle is real!!!

I know. I found some great rates at a couple of the Deluxes. If you can possibly do WL, you should do it! Stayed there last December and it was amazing! BTW, your opening line cracks me up and your closing line is oh so true.

Changed again last night! I had a WL Deluxe Studio open up for $5 more per night than the standard room so I booked it! I am only about 35 days out now. I need to settle down!!!

I have already received 2 or 3 of those little booklets for this trip, but of course none of them "match" my current plans. It would be nice to actually get one that matches. :)

Changed again last night! I had a WL Deluxe Studio open up for $5 more per night than the standard room so I booked it! I am only about 35 days out now. I need to settle down!!!

I have already received 2 or 3 of those little booklets for this trip, but of course none of them "match" my current plans. It would be nice to actually get one that matches. :)

:laughing: I just did too! I changed our 2 nights at CRT to a WL Standard. I couldn't find anything at WL originally but I took a chance to look again and Voila! Found a standard view room at WL which we had last year. It's $175 cheaper so even though I really would like to stay at CRT, I don't think WL is a step down at all for a lesser price. I just can't resist a lower price at a deluxe. I even saw a BC Club Level room for only $20 more a night than the already great GF rate we have but DH wants to stay put at GF. BTW I have booklets coming out of my ears! I think I'm done at 30 days out!

You're very lucky! I wish I could find a deluxe studio. At which DVC BR or CCV?

This is a fun thread!

On my upcoming trip I tacked on some extra days - started at All-Star Movies, which I wasn't thrilled about. Then Pop Century became available so I switched to that. Then I found a Little Mermaid room at AoA and switched to that. Finally, my dad decided to join for the extra days so I got to upgrade to Port Orleans: French Quarter and add on another day. What a journey! Kind of sad to be missing out on AoA, I loved staying in the Lion King suites, but super excited to finally experience POFQ!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter