As the Ticker Turns...the neverending saga of the Resort Changers

9 days to go...and I have POP in a cart ready to checkout for $70 more (total) than the deal I got with UT for All star Sports...I am just afraid I will not like ASSports, while I really enjoyed Pop...very quick last minute trip with my oldest DD. Probably not alot of time in room. Someone talk me down LOL!

quite a newbie here but had to post - started off at Beach club for 3 nights, with 3 day base tickets and no dining plan, decided to switch to pop century to save money but also changed to park hoppers, then didn't want pop as stayed before so switched to coronado springs, same tickets but added the dining plan! then found really good prices for Boardwalk so switched there with deluxe dining plan!....and yesterday found the beach club cheaper so switched back to the Beach club, with park hopper plus, and deluxe dining plan!!! seriously i need to stop (now how can i change those ADRs round.....)

I cant believe I never found this thread before! Already have changed our resort from OKW to SSR to AKV-KD(standard view). Continuously checking to see if prices drop and might change to a Savannah view room.

Last year, we changed resort (CSR to CBR), dates from Oct to Aug, resort again (CBR to POR) and finally room type (standard to garden view). Changed car type (we drive down from Ohio) from standard to intermediate to full size over the course of the different room changes. Changed tickets from 5 day parkhopper plus to AP our first day at WDW.

Looking forward to more changes! lol

9 days to go...and I have POP in a cart ready to checkout for $70 more (total) than the deal I got with UT for All star Sports...I am just afraid I will not like ASSports, while I really enjoyed Pop...very quick last minute trip with my oldest DD. Probably not alot of time in room. Someone talk me down LOL!

I can't talk you down, I'm looking forward to enjoying Sports for what it is for 4 days. Requesting pool view 1st floor and letting the kids go at it,lol. We are used to Mods and Deluxe, but the deal I got and it allowing 4 days of DDP was worth it to us. The reason is because after that, it's off the WL Club Level for 6 nights , and I needed more money for that!
I think the key is enjoying yourself in whatever environment you are in. Seek the benefits of it. Does the Value that you save benefit you in some other way, doing something other than what you would have, be it a TS meal, more shopping, etc., Sometimes it does not, in our case it does, and am actually looking forward to taking in the whole Disney icons part.

Hi all I am new to these boards and enjoy reading all the ideas and thought processes. In January I renewed my annual pass while at AK for only one day with a cousin-she does not like Parks :sad2: so we were doing a Resort tour and Disney Springs type vacation (mostly eating and beveraging around WDW)...I was so frustrated at only doing one park and one day and having a pass going to waste. So I came home, and while waiting for vaca approval from work and arranging time off with my Park loving sister I have changed resort reservations 12 times in 2 months. I am glad to know I am not alone, the struggle is real, and there are others to talk to!!! At the moment I am leaving 4/29 and staying at CSR with Passholder discount room till 5/4, then doing one night at Poly on Friday and coming home late Saturday night.
CSR new rooms look amazing, I am assuming they are mostly rehabbed but I have never put in a request and I’m shy about it. Also to stay Friday night at CSR nightly rate was so astronomical I could get Poly for same price hence the change. My biggest worries today are 1. I will not get rehabbed CSR room and will be sad all because I don’t know how to do a room request, 2. I will love Poly so much on Friday I will never want to leave and it will ruin the whole trip by me wanting more and 3. Maybe I should rebook the whole week at one hotel like AKL which has ok rates and has availability all week and love.
Any suggestions? My last stay at CSR was 2000!! I want to give it a chance as the pools look great and I love pool time!!

Hi all I am new to these boards and enjoy reading all the ideas and thought processes. In January I renewed my annual pass while at AK for only one day with a cousin-she does not like Parks :sad2: so we were doing a Resort tour and Disney Springs type vacation (mostly eating and beveraging around WDW)...I was so frustrated at only doing one park and one day and having a pass going to waste. So I came home, and while waiting for vaca approval from work and arranging time off with my Park loving sister I have changed resort reservations 12 times in 2 months. I am glad to know I am not alone, the struggle is real, and there are others to talk to!!! At the moment I am leaving 4/29 and staying at CSR with Passholder discount room till 5/4, then doing one night at Poly on Friday and coming home late Saturday night.
CSR new rooms look amazing, I am assuming they are mostly rehabbed but I have never put in a request and I’m shy about it. Also to stay Friday night at CSR nightly rate was so astronomical I could get Poly for same price hence the change. My biggest worries today are 1. I will not get rehabbed CSR room and will be sad all because I don’t know how to do a room request, 2. I will love Poly so much on Friday I will never want to leave and it will ruin the whole trip by me wanting more and 3. Maybe I should rebook the whole week at one hotel like AKL which has ok rates and has availability all week and love.
Any suggestions? My last stay at CSR was 2000!! I want to give it a chance as the pools look great and I love pool time!!

You'll do a room request by calling and having it added to your reservation , they do it all the time. If you go on the CSR message board you will be able to get the information you need to know what you want to request. But do it soon, since it's getting close and you'll want to make sure you have the request in at least 5 days in advance.

Oh wow, a thread for people like me haha. I have a trip coming up in 19 days, which I only booked just over 60 days in advance. It started as a 4-day, 3-night stay at ASMo, then I switched over to POR. Then I added an extra day/night at POP at the beginning of the trip. And now as of one hour ago, it became a 6-day, 5-night trip with the first two nights at AKL and three nights at POR. Oops. :)

Just changed our resort for the 3rd time. We are now back to OKW having just saved $1500 ($1900 below rack rate). Thank you AP discount!

I have never been a resort changer, I usually settle myself to one and that's it! However, my first solo trip is another story entirely. I started out with the trip in October, then decided I didn't want it interfering with my degree program so moved it to my summer break in mid-August. I originally had BC but there was no availability for my dates so I moved to WL. Then I decided I wanted to be at a monorail resort to make transportation a little easier getting to the parks since I'm on my own. So then I switched to CR in a garden view room. I quickly changed that to a tower theme park view (that's my favorite there) and got a pretty decent discount with my AP. Cut to two nights ago I just felt like I needed to stay somewhere different so I started looking at Poly and GF. Come to find out there was some new AP discount availability for a deluxe king CL room at GF that was pretty impressive ($333 off a night bringing it down to my original budget), and not too much over what I was paying at CR, so I jumped on it and moved AGAIN. I think this is it, although I have recently rebooked to go during that original time in October I had planned which I had originally switched from, so I'll be doing the August and original October trip because I have an addiction. I've decided to do that one on more of a budget and have booked CSR, but now I might switch that to POFQ because I can't leave well enough alone (not because of the pool closure, just because it would be nice to jump on the boat to DS)

Good morning resort changers! I need a bit of advice, and I'm hoping you'll help. A bit of background on the conundrum: DW and I are traveling to WDW in July with a good friend of ours (female) for an 8 night stay. Currently, we are in a 2 bedroom villa at Old Key West and the room is completely paid off.

Now for the issue: I can get a 1 bedroom villa at Boardwalk(standard view) for nearly $100 off the per night rate we are paying at OKW or for $25+ more a night than OKW, I can get a Savannah view 1 bedroom at Kidani.

This is the debate I'm having right now:
OKW gives 2 full rooms/bathrooms and all the room we'll need for the trip, but has limited transportation options (Bus to parks, boat or bus to DS).

BWV is only 1 bathroom (split with locking door, from what I can tell) and our friend would be on the pull out couch/bed. However, BWV has boat transportation to Epcot and HS (we have multiple ADRs in BC and Epcot).

AKL-Kidani: Has 2 bathrooms in a 1 bedroom villa, plus the view of the Savannah, but only has bus transportation (we would use Minnie vans for morning ADRs).

My current thoughts: OKW meets our needs (because of size), but the lack of transportation bothers me a bit. BWV, while only having 1 bathroom, has more transportation options and proximity to 2 parks, and room could be a hike to get to, but has a significant cost savings. Kidani, has 2 bathrooms, but has an additional cost for the view and potential increased transportation times.

What do you, my fellow resort changers, suggest? Any help is appreciated!!!

My current thoughts: OKW meets our needs (because of size), but the lack of transportation bothers me a bit. BWV, while only having 1 bathroom, has more transportation options and proximity to 2 parks, and room could be a hike to get to, but has a significant cost savings. Kidani, has 2 bathrooms, but has an additional cost for the view and potential increased transportation times.

What do you, my fellow resort changers, suggest? Any help is appreciated!!!

I'm not sure what the walking concern is at BWV, to the parks? Otherwise, you'll probably walk farhur to room at Kidani, plus have to go over to Jambo for Counter service. I'd nix the Kidani idea

Would not go with a villa with only one bathroom for 8 nights.
2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms is ideal, so I would keep the OKW.

Fun to be at BWV. I hope you'll have a great trip even though your friend isn't going.
Thanks!!! We feel terrible that she cant go, but if I had the same injury she does, I would have canceled the trip.

Hilariously, between this morning and now, we made another change :rotfl2:. Now at GF. Im pretty sure at some point, I'm going to call to make a change and the cast member is going to ask "Is that your final answer?". This has been our change history just for this trip:
OKW to SSR to AKL-Kidani back to OKW to BWV to GF. Not sure it can get any better :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!