• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Ashley & Clint's at home wedding{6-6-09} & disneymoon plans!

TinkAsh2001

DIS Veteran
Hello Everyone! I have started a planning journal! This time I would like to keep up with it to update my progress. I enjoy reading everyone else's so I decided to start my own. Here we go:

My name is Ashley {25} and I LOVE all things Disney. I took my niece over spring break last year along with my good friend. I work part time and attend college to become what I thought was a Medical Assistant {I am kinda changing my mind as I go}. I am the worry wort!! I constantly worry and I am trying to get better!

My DFI's name is Clint {26} and has never been to Disney at all. He works full time for the state and also is in the Kentucky National Guard. He is excited to go to Disney and just see it and what its like!!

Well, it all started when Clint was in Iraq we wrote and talked on the phone but never really thought anything about it. When he returned home in November 2006 we would casually talk ever now and then and then on New Years Eve 2007 he asked me if he could take me out the next day. I said sure so we had a great date with getting to know each other and laughing and talking. Well, thats where it all started we havent been without each other since!! He is my best friend and my rock. I can always count on him for it all!! He is funny and the silliest (kid) ever at times but I love him and wouldnt trade him for anything!!! On July 2, 2008 we decided to take a weekend trip to Louisville. Clint likes baseball but had never been to a game so I decided to surprise him with tickets to a Louisville Bats game. He was so shocked. When we were getting ready to walk out the door to go to the game he told me he needed to ask me something so I sat on the bed and he got down on one knee and said "Ashley, will you marry me?" I of course said yes!!! I remember when he put that ring on me all I wanted to do was look at it sparkle! LOL!!
Heres a picture of my ring from the Jewelers website:
161215809_MV_LG.jpg

and the side view:
161215809_SV_LG.jpg

I love it. Well, we soon after started talking about a date. Clint said tomorrow was fine..LOL! I started talking to my mom and I decided on June 6, 2009. My grandparents passed away before I was born and their anniversary is on June 5 so that way it is close to theirs!
I was so excited to have the date that I immediately started planning! I got the little things out of the way..the colors I wanted, asking the girls & guys and talking to the priest. We decided on Candy Pink and Latte Brown on Davids Bridals color chart!
Up next....What did we book first and was it that stressful?!

Great start! Cant wait to read more, my parents anniversary in June 6th so hopefully it will bring you both health and happiness :) Where are you staying for your disneymoon?

Great start! Cant wait to read more, my parents anniversary in June 6th so hopefully it will bring you both health and happiness :) Where are you staying for your disneymoon?

We are actually just staying at POP. We didnt see the need to spend all the extra money on a moderate when we were just sleeping there and I love POP!!

Well, I have at least one reader!! We had a photographer in mind that had done my cousins wedding. We checked her out and had her take our engagment pictures and they turned out AWESOME! I cant post them however because DFI got his taken in his uniform which displays his last name...Sorry! But we got her all booked EARLY! Thank goodness I checked her website and she is booked for May and June now completely!! Here is her website so I can give her credit:
http://www.tonyasphotography.com/. The next thing on our list was a DJ we looked at one place and they were soooooo rude to us and the way they acted made us for sure NOT want to give them our money! We finally met with a DJ about 30 minutes away and we clicked. His personality was great and they make sure the dance floor stays alive so we don't have to worry about it.
The big vendors were booked. We are having the reception at the Fraternal Order of Police Lodge here since my mom is a member. We are also doing the reception our selves. Family friends are helping serve it. We are just doing like ham & turkey on rolls, veggies & dip, meatballs and things along that line since its an afternoon wedding!
But we are doing a Candy Buffet as our favors. I ordered the pint chinese take out containers for the guest. I have all kinds of candy I have gotten pink m&m's {plain & peanut}, pixie sticks, tootsie rolls, hersheys bars{fun size}, snickers{fun size}, pink kisses, pink york peppermint patties, pink reeses, White Jordan Almonds and pink and brown candy sticks. I am also making 2 lollie pop trees for each side of the table with dum dum pops and tootsie roll pops. We are trying to keep the pink, brown and white theme for the candy.
We plan to also get the baseball gumballs and nepolatian salt water taffy.
Here are some neat pictures I found on google of candy buffets:
CELIA112892526_std.gif

candy-buffet.jpg

I loev your ring and idea! So wondderful! Can't wait to read more!

Ohh I'm glad you said that you love the POP, DF and I are going in 2 months for a week and we have not stayed there before, but I always though it looked super fun! Any recommendations on a good building thats close to evertyhing at POP?
I love the candy buffett idea, I was thinking about maybe doing that too :) It sounds like you have all the big stuff taken care of which is great! Keep us posted:cool1:

I look forward to reading more!
So far, it seems wonderful. Your ring is beautiful and elegant!!
I have been married for 22 years and I find it exciting to read about your plans.
Good luck!

Hi there,

followed you to your PTJ from the swap. Your wedding sounds wonderful and love the color choices.

Waiting for more.

Hi Ashley!! I love the candy buffet idea. Your ring is gorgeous. We love Pop too!! Can't wait to read more about your plans :grouphug: .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter