Aside from Virtual RunDisney.. any others

Well I was invited to do something called the “Yeti Challenge” but it’s wicked intense. Lol. Like every 4 hours you have to run 5 miles...until you’ve done 30 miles. So you’re running all night long too. Seems absolutely mad but interesting!

I haven’t found a Corona/Quarantine specific virtual run yet that caught my eye.

If you still haven’t found hand sanitizer, Virtual Strides has a COVID-19 virus virtual run with a virus medal with a thermometer and bottle of actual hand sanitizer attached. It’s pretty funny imo!

There was one that popped up in my FL a Race Place Magazine eblasts called the Covid19 Benefit Run

yes.fit has over 90 virtual runs from 1 mile to over 2,000 miles. I'm doing the Belgium Beer 82 mile run now (Leuvan to Brussels to Bruges) and will probably do the Ring of Kerry next. The run goes by several brewery's that I have beers for in the fridge so part of my motivation will be to drink the beer after I "run" past the brewery.

You can pick how many days you want to take and either enter runs manually or you can set it up to grab your Garmin, Fitbit, Apple, Strava, etc. etc automatically. Medals range from a bit cartoonish to pretty cool and prices from about $15 to $30. No affiliation.

Last edited:

The local running store is doing an interesting virtual marathon ($26.20 for a shirt/medal... goal is to run 26.2 miles in a 30 day period)

The Giant Race has always offered a virtual component. Their swag in the past has included a San Francisco Giants runner themed bobblehead for the San Francisco race(s). In 2018 the bobblehead was the Giants manager and last year it was their mascot. They've also done many players in race bib bobbleheads. Runners who complete the San Jose and San Francisco races receive a special turn two medal which is also available to virtual runners. I earned their series sweep last year and did 3 of the 4 races virtually.

https://race-sfgiants.com/

I haven't done any virtual races but I am doing a few Strava challenges that include either discount codes or the possibility of winning raffles. I'll be doing the Heartbreak Hill Challenge Monday and completed the Le Col Challenge already because I want that Wahoo Indoor Training Setup.

Roka had one that is already over but if you are in Strava and want to try out their sunglasses or prescription glasses keep an eye out, they do a new challenge that offers discounts on their glasses every few months. I got a pair of their sunglasses for running and they are the best running sunglasses I've tried. I generally hate running in sunglasses and just don't look up but thiers are actually light and really good.

If I am going to do a virtual race it will likely be one done by a local running company as opposed to the national ones. Some of the local companies are doing some virtual races with running store gift card prizes or that support local charities so that's how I'd lean personally. This is an example of one by me but I'm sure most places will have something similar.

I’m doing the To Write Love on Her Arms virtual 5K to support one of my coworkers. I’m not sure if we are allowed to post codes for discounts, the code below is hers, saves you 20% off the race registration and any extra Merch you want to purchase. There are about 5 off us running in support of her on 5/16 (at our respective homes, not together).

https://twloha.com/events/8th-annual-run-for-it-5k/
FRIEND-PWK3HCW MODS, if posting the code is not ok please delete.

Not necessarily pandemic related, but goneforarun.com has several virtual race themes. I did the “Mom needs a run” 5k last week and was pleased with the swag. Decent price, heavy medal, race bib and choice of shirt(tank, shirt sleeve, float fee). I think each race donates a portion to a different charity.

https://www.goneforarun.com/current-virtual-races/I did a 5k virtual through

also, considering the Hot Chocolate 15k since I missed our local live one back in February. Ok, technically I “missed” it because I don’t like cold weather, so this is a all-around better choice for me 😉

Just wondering if you have found any other virtual runs that you are participating in, especially virtuals themed around the current stay at home/Covid situation

I’m doing the Staycation virtual, but interested in others.

https://www.staycationraces.com/
Thanks in advance
Sort of like a rundisney race... it has over 16,000 runners signed up. Wondering what corral I’ll be in this weekend around my home.

Not sure if anyone is interested in obstacle course racing. I am an avid Spartan racer ~12 races a year for my 4x trifecta. Bonefrog has a virtual challenge going on! You earn a medal and shirt and they provide modified "obstacles" to perform. There is still quite a lot of running involved!

Well I was invited to do something called the “Yeti Challenge” but it’s wicked intense. Lol. Like every 4 hours you have to run 5 miles...until you’ve done 30 miles. So you’re running all night long too. Seems absolutely mad but interesting!

I haven’t found a Corona/Quarantine specific virtual run yet that caught my eye.

I saw this too! My birthday is next weekend and I am thinking of signing up. I know it's crazy though. My plan would be to get up and run 5 miles at 4am, then follow at 8am, noon, 4pm, 8pm, then finish at midnight. But hey...birthday miles! :-)

That hot chocolate website is hysterical!

yes.fit has over 90 virtual runs from 1 mile to over 2,000 miles. I'm doing the Belgium Beer 82 mile run now (Leuvan to Brussels to Bruges) and will probably do the Ring of Kerry next. The run goes by several brewery's that I have beers for in the fridge so part of my motivation will be to drink the beer after I "run" past the brewery.

You can pick how many days you want to take and either enter runs manually or you can set it up to grab your Garmin, Fitbit, Apple, Strava, etc. etc automatically. Medals range from a bit cartoonish to pretty cool and prices from about $15 to $30. No affiliation.
I love these too. I like that don't send your medal until you have completed the milage. And they have maps that show you where you stop, with Google Earth views and links to info regarding your race. I've done a couple and really like the medals. Sleeping beauty is a short one with a gorgeous medal, it's like a window that you open. Right now I am doing Pocahontas, I'm not so keen on the medal based on the pic but I'm trying to do all the princesses they have.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter