ASMo renivatios - king/double?

Sarah Rockwood

Earning My Ears
When we booked last Oct, we booked a king/double room specifically because of the extra space it allowed for our medical equipment. I just logged in to MDE and we're now showing a queen/queen table room. I understand this is the newly renovated room, but I'm panicking. I dont think we will have the space needed for the equipment we need now.

We don't have the extra $ to upgrade to a moderate/deluxe this close to our trip (34 days).

Has anyone stayed in the new rooms, can you ease my mind? If we fold down the second bed will the wheelchair still maneuver the room?

Are we going to need to store the second wheelchair in our car when not in use (1 manual, 1 electric)?

Is the table bed going to be OK for my father (doesnt walk, can only stand/pivot transfer)?

Are my parents (both disabled) going yo be able to even move the table bed?

Last edited:
The beds are easy to raise/lower, but of course that depends on the specific physical abilities of the occupants. I'm a bit confused; you say "we". Are you staying with them, so able to manipulate the table bed?

People have been able to store two ECVs in the renovated Pop rooms, with the beds open. I don't see any reason why a wheelchair would need to be stored elsewhere, especially if it folds.

can your dad transfer to/from a standard height bed?

I'll be on disney property, but we're booked in separate rooms. The electric wheelchair doesn't fold, and the manual has to be taken apart to fold.

None of us have stayed at ASMo/Pop before, so I wasn't sure,how sturdy/wiggly the table beds are. He can transfer pretty easily from standard height beds as long as they aren't to wiggly

They have to use both beds when sleeping which is why wasn't sure both wheelchairs would fit

There isn’t going to be a lot of extra space, especially once the table/bed is open. But they should be able to maneuver around in a wheelchair and there is space to park 2 wheelchairs.

It seems WDW is doing away with the king+double rooms as they renovate and create more HA rooms.

Enjoy your vacation!

There isn’t going to be a lot of extra space, especially once the table/bed is open. But they should be able to maneuver around in a wheelchair and there is space to park 2 wheelchairs.

It seems WDW is doing away with the king+double rooms as they renovate and create more HA rooms.

Enjoy your vacation!

Thank you for the input. My biggest concern is the extra space. They were really looking forward to being able to store the excess stuff in the second room area - the main reason we booked that resort

We just got back from Sports and had the King/Double room, lots of room for our wheelchair and extra stuff!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter