At RPR right now

komondorok

Mouseketeer
High speed internet access is great isn't it :) ($9.95 a day)

We are enjoying the Royal Pacific very much and we usually stay in deluxes, poly concierge, portofino deluxe, etc. We will definitely stay here again. Price can't be beat and the room is quite comfortable, with all the amenities you could ask for.

Some info:

Checked in Friday morning around 11:00 am. Checkin line was very long, but walked right up to the Loews first counter.

Room was ready, so we were able to go right up.

We have a standard room at the entertainment rate of $110.

No Loews upgrade (hotel was full), but did fill out a form at the desk of what other amenities we wanted.

Milk and cookies were waiting for us when we returned from the parks.

Have 5 people in a room (2 adults, 15, 13 and 6 year old) Room is fine space wise. Brought an air mattress for the 5th person. Was not even asked about the rollaway since we had it on our reservation that we did not need it. So, you are definitely not required to get it.

Got the Grade A key cards and so far have not had a problem using them. Everybody now seems very well trained.

Kids got the teen packs. In fact, the wonderful reservationist asked my 6 year old whether he wanted the backpack like his siblings or if he wanted the pail. She showed him both options and he, of course, chose the backpack.

For those who were worried about the debit card issue - there is actually a list of named "plans" which you can choose from, ie allowing $100, $200 or $350 dollars a day charging to your room key. The reservationist actually told us that most people don't allow any charges on their cards. Then, if they find that they need to charge, they just come back to the front desk and authorize whatever they need. So, if anybody is worried about the apparent $2,000 holds on their cards, this was not an issue when we checked in.

Lines were very long in the parks over the weekend. Shrek was 120 minutes, spiderman and MIB were over 90 minutes, everything else averaged 60 minutes. With FOTL we never waited more than 15 minutes. Saturday it poured all day, so Universal (with all the indoor rides) was packed. MIB even stopped loading regular customers and for a time (at least that is what the MIB person told us) was only loading express. So, FOTL is worth its weight in gold.

If anybody has any questions, I will try to answer them.

Cool! Thanks for posting from Universal.:D Have you found any problems with the boat or bus shuttles during the rain or otherwise?

How do you compare the resort to the portafino?? we stayed there this summer... next trip thinking of RPH... where is your room located... is it easy to get to the pool.....let me know how you like that pool compared to others you have stayed at... thanks..amy

I'm glad to see your post regarding 5 of you fitting in a room, although we won't have an air mattress (maybe we should invest in one while we are there) how compact are they when you deflate it? We are flying from Alaska, and are moving into the WDW, staying @ the Poly after our Universal visit, I'm just curious as to how much room a deflated air mattress takes up. We are also going on a 3 night Disney cruise after the WDW land pkg. There will be 5 of us also, but for the first 3 nights, there will be my husband, myself and our two kids, 11 and 8. The 4th and 5th night my MIL will be joining us. They quoted us $25 for her and $25 extra for the rollaway, but I don't want to pay $50 extra a day! How can we avoid this? How do you compare it to the Poly concierge? We've never been to either. We are staying in the Hawaii building if they complete the renovation by our move in date (Oct 23). Thanks for the info!! Kelly Powell

Originally posted by komondorok
High speed internet access is great isn't it :) ($9.95 a day)

We are enjoying the Royal Pacific very much and we usually stay in deluxes, poly concierge, portofino deluxe, etc. We will definitely stay here again. Price can't be beat and the room is quite comfortable, with all the amenities you could ask for.

Some info:

Checked in Friday morning around 11:00 am. Checkin line was very long, but walked right up to the Loews first counter.

Room was ready, so we were able to go right up.

We have a standard room at the entertainment rate of $110.

No Loews upgrade (hotel was full), but did fill out a form at the desk of what other amenities we wanted.

Milk and cookies were waiting for us when we returned from the parks.

Have 5 people in a room (2 adults, 15, 13 and 6 year old) Room is fine space wise. Brought an air mattress for the 5th person. Was not even asked about the rollaway since we had it on our reservation that we did not need it. So, you are definitely not required to get it.

Got the Grade A key cards and so far have not had a problem using them. Everybody now seems very well trained.

Kids got the teen packs. In fact, the wonderful reservationist asked my 6 year old whether he wanted the backpack like his siblings or if he wanted the pail. She showed him both options and he, of course, chose the backpack.

For those who were worried about the debit card issue - there is actually a list of named "plans" which you can choose from, ie allowing $100, $200 or $350 dollars a day charging to your room key. The reservationist actually told us that most people don't allow any charges on their cards. Then, if they find that they need to charge, they just come back to the front desk and authorize whatever they need. So, if anybody is worried about the apparent $2,000 holds on their cards, this was not an issue when we checked in.

Lines were very long in the parks over the weekend. Shrek was 120 minutes, spiderman and MIB were over 90 minutes, everything else averaged 60 minutes. With FOTL we never waited more than 15 minutes. Saturday it poured all day, so Universal (with all the indoor rides) was packed. MIB even stopped loading regular customers and for a time (at least that is what the MIB person told us) was only loading express. So, FOTL is worth its weight in gold.

If anybody has any questions, I will try to answer them.

HI there...

I will be at Universal in a few days:) I have my lap top with me, how do I use the high speed internet?.. usually I just go through a dial up with my AOL account.

Thanx!

>>^..^<<

Laptop; First you will have to set your Internet Browser from not defaulting to AOL Dialup Screen. This will allow you to get out to the Internet, Next you have to make sure you have an ethernet card, Wide Phone Jack. Since they (RPH) are providing the Internet Connection you don't need AOL, in address bar type Site name ie Www. wdwinfo.com.

As for the bus and boat question. Boats won't operate in Thunderstorms but will in rain Bus Service in Rain stinks. It's not individual busses it's a loop system. RPH is right after themparks, don't even plan on getting on first few busses after rain starts.

I'm confused about charging stuff to your room. Can you do that for counter service food locations and stands or just full service? Thanks!

I am so jealous that you are there and I am not. This time last week I was at RPR loving every minute! We had 5 people in our room also and used a twin air mattress with no problem. I was told that they weren't doing the Grade A thing and was instead given coupons for free sundaes with purchase of a meal (which we did not use). I guess it just depends on who checks you in.

Yes, if you authorize it you can use your room key to charge anything on Universal property. The exceptions to that would be some carts where they don't have credit card machines. We authorized $100 per day and used it in the stores, to get drinks, and at restaurants in Citywalk.

We are arriving at the RP on Friday. How is the weather forecast. It's got to be better than NY (we are building an ark). Hope you have a great vacation. Enjoy!!

Bring your ark....LOL. Unfortunately it has been raining here everyday, but not enough to ruin a vacation. Have a great trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter