Attraction Time Frames

nlenguyen

PharmDis95
We have a trip coming up the first week of January. We are going to be there for 5 days. We want to do a trip to see around Central Florida. I know that there is the all-inclusive pass for 3 or 5 days. We are wondering how much time to allot for each of the following activities:
Gatorland
Kennedy Space Center
ZooTampa
Busch Gardens
Clearwater Marine Aquarium

Are any of these activities a must? We cannot do everything. We are also thinking that the water might be too cold in the gulf in January to go to the beach, but what are some thoughts? Is there anything else that you might think of that would be fun. We only had one other trip to Florida and we just did Disney.

So all of these can be covered in a day or less. Which ones are a "must" may depend on what your group finds interesting. I haven't done the aquarium or the zoo, but I really enjoyed KSC and Busch Gardens. Gatorland is a bit on the kitschy side- you're not missing much if you skip this. If I had to pick just one to do, I'd go with KSC- it's unique to the area, and if you opt for one of the tours, visiting the complex will take up most of the day.

As for the weather, I generally don't go to the beach in the winter- as you said, it gets cold. But I'm also a native Floridian, so my definition of cold is anything below 70 degrees. 🤣

If you like thrill rides, Busch Gardens is fantastic! Great roller coaster collection. Plus animal exhibits that are also very high quality. Definitely a full day of fun.

So all of these can be covered in a day or less. Which ones are a "must" may depend on what your group finds interesting. I haven't done the aquarium or the zoo, but I really enjoyed KSC and Busch Gardens. Gatorland is a bit on the kitschy side- you're not missing much if you skip this. If I had to pick just one to do, I'd go with KSC- it's unique to the area, and if you opt for one of the tours, visiting the complex will take up most of the day.

As for the weather, I generally don't go to the beach in the winter- as you said, it gets cold. But I'm also a native Floridian, so my definition of cold is anything below 70 degrees. 🤣
I am really looking forward to going to KSC, I am just not sure how open they will be in January. AS for the others, we are thinking of something that may not be the whole day, something for 4 or 5 hours because we will have to travel there. I was looking into the airboat tours. What have you heard about those?

I was looking into the airboat tours. What have you heard about those?
It's been a while since I've done one of those. But not a bad way to pass a couple of hours. If you're planning to go out towards the KSC area and like being on the water, look into the bioluminescence kayak tours. They run after dark, and go through the wildness preserve area. As you paddle, the water glows because of the critters in the water. It's pretty cool.

All of the options you list can be done in 4-5 hours, but you won't be able to see everything (especially Busch Gardens), but you'll get a good overview. Like at KSC, if you don't do the tours, the exhibits can be done in a half-day trip.

You should maybe consider concentrating on the east coast attractions or the west coast attractions. You're going to spend a lot of time driving around, unless you can combine some things.

Like LizzyDragon, I live in FL and wouldn't get in the water in January, but if you're from Canada or Michigan, it might not bother you.

We had the 3 day go Orlando pass ( groupon)
We did all of the I drive stuff in one day it was like 6 or 7 attractions including dinner theater.

The second day was gatorland and boggy creek airboats.
Third day legoland.
We really wanted to go to KSC but we couldn't fit it in because of the drive
We did BG in one day kids loved the dry land version of Sea world. I bought seaworld two day tickets with unlimited food on the website for $130.

My kids really love the Florida aquarium because of winter the dolphin. But it only takes an hour or two. .. we went to Clearwater beach the water was very cool but we dont swim much so it did not matter. We loved the sun

You should maybe consider concentrating on the east coast attractions or the west coast attractions. You're going to spend a lot of time driving around, unless you can combine some things.

Like LizzyDragon, I live in FL and wouldn't get in the water in January, but if you're from Canada or Michigan, it might not bother you.
This was a great tip, I was looking for something to do this weekend when we first get to Florida.. thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!