Audrey's never say diet journal

audflash

<font color=teal>Knows all the right things to do
Day 1:

As I sat down to write this my DD brought me two cookies and a glass of milk. Whole milk. It runs in the family.

I am not fat. I need to feel in control of my weight. I have gained twenty pounds in the last two years and that is simply not ok. Fat runs in my family and I refuse to give in to it and I refuse to pass it on to my kids.

I weigh 138 pounds today and I want to get down to 125. That is only 13 pounds! I can do it. I want to lose the weight before our WDW trip in October.

Off to the stationary bike! Good luck self!

Did the new pilates workout yesterday! It's cool and not too hard. I want to challenge myself to do it at least 3 times a week.

I took my measurements yesterday, also. Very interesting.

Ate pretty well yesterday but today I had half a sub (bread!) and now I'm having a Limoncello. I'm making pizza for dinner. (carbs :( ) Oh well, I'll off to do the pilates workout again while I'm still excited about it.

BTW - anyone who reads this and wants to comment is welcome to! I could use the encouragement!

How does a person give up bread?! I can't go one day!!

I am a carb addict!!! Oh well - more pilates for me. Lost one pound last week, going in the right direction at least. Did pilates wo three times last week and one so far this week (skipped Sun).

Well...

lose 1, gain 1 - weighed in at 136 this morning

Haven't done pilates yet this week :mad: / ate a very bad lunch yesterday but skipped dinner :rolleyes:

Today is a new day - eat some yogurt and get to work!

I just wanted to offer some encouragement. I never thought I could give up bread either. I could eat 3 or 4 rolls with dinner. I haven't had bread in 10 days!!! I never thought I could give up pop (soda), but I did that about 1 1/2 years ago. Sometimes you surprise yourself.

Yesterday I ate at Arby's and actually took the bun off of my sandwich. And it didn't really bother me. I'm amazed, because like you I was (am) addicted!:D

Thanks PAdisMOM - we addicts have to stick up for each other, don't we? :)

Today was good - no time to exercise yet but I'll at least do my Power 100s. I am going out to dinner but since I haven't had time to eat yet either I'll be ok on calories. I had a Starbucks today but I'm sure I burned it off!

Super day at work - I'm gonna go to the Macaroni Grill for a reward! :teeth: Yes, I know - carbs! I'll do my tummy work before we go!!

Sick again this week but the good news is down 2 pounds! I'll take it - I guess it's worth the stomach upset but I would like to feel better! And lose weight the honest way!

Bought our airline tickets so we are really going to WDW - I want to look good in the pics.

I haven't been very faithful to the pilates workout or to my morning devotions - tomorrow is a new day!

OK new plan -

I will only weigh myself once a week!!! (I will, I will, I will)

This is depressing - up a pound, down two, up one...

I am not being good about my exercise at all so I will work on that. Same thing with my daily devotions - it shouldn't be this hard. It's really only 35 extra minutes a day :rolleyes:

Doing better! Katholyn helped me realize some things like:

The weight is a number and I am reaching for an ideal that I may not be able to maintain.

I am really more concerned with how I look than how much I weigh.

The answer to my jiggly arms and tummy is exercise.

I will stop thinking about the scale and concentrate on doing my pilates at least three times per week and measure myself once a month.

I did pilates last night and only had one glass of wine. My devotions are going well, too. I feel back on track - was I ever on track to start with?

:jester:

Started induction today - LaRue is doing it, too. He is so excited about it and that is encouraging to me. Mary has been on it for about a week now and she is doing great!

I did pilates twice last week, one short of goal.

Weighed in at 137 this morning.

Good day - woo hoo!

Stayed on plan all day - but I ate too much breakfast. This protein stuff is filling!

I'm going to force myself to eat a salad tonight because I am so not hungry. Did my pilates workout, I can already tell that my stomach is stronger.

Breakfast/lunch: 3 eggs, 1/2 cup sausage, 2 oz cheese

coffee and creamer

Dinner: 2 c. romaine, 1/4 c. mushrooms, 1 oz cheese, crab meat

under 25 carbs for the day! Tomorrow I'm going to get one of those no-cheaty star things.

Stayed on plan yesterday - doing great today! This just might work! Going to get my 5 pound clippie this week, I just know it!

Going out to dinner tonight - I'll have a vodka martini instead of red wine and no bread!!!

Having a great week! I have stayed on plan and lost four pounds so far. When I check in on Wed. I hope to get my five pound clippie!!!

I didn't get the no cheaty star because I had some wine on Saturday night but that's ok. I'm doing great. Only did pilates once this week, though. I'll try to do it tomorrow so that I can say I did it twice when I check in!

Weighed 134 this morning!

Wow - what a harrowing two weeks I've had. The great news is that Austin is going to be ok and the less important (but still good) news is that I maintained my 4lb loss and pretty much stayed on Atkins the whole time. I love this eating plan - I am always full and when I am wanting something to munch on I reach for protein. I keep cheese cut up in the fridge and lunchmeat.

I ate a sandwich at the hospital one day and I actually felt sick from the bread - really bloated and gross. I am finding that avoiding bread is easy, but the cookies are my downfall. Everything smells like cookies to me! I had some this weekend, and some of mom's great frosting (she made some just for me and put it in a bowl!), and a piece of Austin's birthday cake, and...let's just say I got a bit off plan this weekend.

Back on as of yesterday - I would like to lose another 4-5 lbs in the next two weeks so I will try to stay on induction until I get under 130 lbs. Also, I haven't done pilates in three weeks so I have to get back on that, too.

134 lbs for check in this week!

I felt like I wrote this thread myself.:) I am only 136 pounds and I want to get back down to my 125. My baby is almost 11 months and My belly should be ready to vacate. I started my pilates Monday and Tuesday and today I slipped and didn't do it. I went to the super market and picked up some snapple meal suplement and my cottage cheese w/ fruit. I am afraid I will give up AGAIN as I have so many times before. As with you I have heavy people in my family and after this baby I'm feeling like I'm trying to "join the family" slowly but surely. I think the weight is so hard to fall off like my other kids is because I'm over the big "30" mark. I would like to lose at least 5 pounds by 8/5 (I'd much rather 10 pounds but I think that to much of a stretch leaving me set up for disappointment). Is giving up bread really a good step. I'll bucket down and do it if it will shed the pounds. :confused:

Yikes - someone told me that if you cheat on Atkins the weight just hops back on. Yesterday I had an English muffin with brunch and some chocolate in the evening and I gained two pounds!!

I am going to journal everything I eat for the next few days on the Atkins site so I can really count my carbs. I guess I could go back on induction if necessary.

Dsnycrzy - if you read this - you do sound a lot like me. I had my last baby when I was 27 and it took me a year to lose that weight. I didn't have that problem with my two previous kids. Try not to be so concerned with the exact weight but really concentrate on feeling fit. Whatever you do, don't starve yourself. You need the energy! I personally love the Atkins diet because I eat a lot. On Atkins, I am making better choices - I feel more full and I am taking on more protein (which makes me feel great - very energetic). I know that it is not for everyone, though. You would have to see how you felt. I feel much better after eating a hunk of cheese than I used to after eating bread and butter.

Not only do I not miss the bread - I actually feel yuck after eating it now!

Doing pretty good - definitely liking my body better. I am not working out like I want to but for heaven's sake, a girl can only do so much.

I finally feel that I am recovered from Austin's ordeal. It took me longer to get back on my feet than Austin. I guess that's because I know better than he does how seriously ill he was.

I lost 1 pound this week and I am happy with that. As I get closer and closer to goal I am feeling more in control of my eating and less concerned about the final number. Still shooting for 125 but I will be very happy to be at 128 for our trip. What's three pounds, anyway? I can gain that in a day! I figure that if I can be at 125 for our trip I can gain 4 pounds and still stay under 130...

Gained weight - don't care! Kristi has blue hair this week and she finally admitted to having a tatoo, Casey's scoliosis is much worse, and Austin's sore on his knee is flaring up again. I am going to take my own advice and keep my priorities in order and the weight will take care of itself.

I feel good on Atkins - no, I feel great. I am cheating a bit (wine and sweets) but that's ok. I haven't killed anyone this week and that makes me a winner!

Weighed 135 today; as Grandma would say - so what. I miss you, Gram.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter