August 2018 discounts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been 3 weeks and haven't heard anything about the Labor Day deal request I put in. I don't see an email address, and I don't have Facebook. May give them a call if I don't hear anything by Monday.

Anyone else have to wait this long, or not heard back?

I was just thinking the same that I haven’t heard back either. Huh?

Been 3 weeks and haven't heard anything about the Labor Day deal request I put in. I don't see an email address, and I don't have Facebook. May give them a call if I don't hear anything by Monday.

Anyone else have to wait this long, or not heard back?

I was just thinking the same that I haven’t heard back either. Huh?

It sounds like you got missed somehow. It happens. Email them or call them today. Don't wait. It usually only takes a few days at the most for someone to get back to you.

Did you check your junk mail?

I would definitely email one of the agents directly or call. They usually respond within 48 hours.

It definitely should not have taken 3 weeks! Try submitting another request through the site.

I had mine within about an hour of receiving the email from them on the day they were released.

For those who did make a reservation, how long did it take to get a copy of the Disney confirmation letter from your agent. I have my reservation number but not the letter. I am using a different agent this time and she is not as responsive as the agent I used last time. Last time I made a reservation with them, I had the confirmation letter within a couple days. It's been over a week with this one and still nothing. She did make a comment that this is not her regular job which did concern me a bit. Although I've never had a problem with any of my past reservations with them.

For those who did make a reservation, how long did it take to get a copy of the Disney confirmation letter from your agent. I have my reservation number but not the letter. I am using a different agent this time and she is not as responsive as the agent I used last time. Last time I made a reservation with them, I had the confirmation letter within a couple days. It's been over a week with this one and still nothing. She did make a comment that this is not her regular job which did concern me a bit. Although I've never had a problem with any of my past reservations with them.
In the past I've had to wait 4 or 5 days between getting the reservation number and getting the confirmation letter. This time I waited a full week. Have you linked your reservation to MDE? All your info should be there anyways. If you're concerned I'd email again.

In the past I've had to wait 4 or 5 days between getting the reservation number and getting the confirmation letter. This time I waited a full week. Have you linked your reservation to MDE? All your info should be there anyways. If you're concerned I'd email again.

Yes I have everything linked in MDE. I'm not concerned about the reservation as I can see it. I'm old school and just wanted the Disney confirmation letter for my records. I'll give them a few more days, then email my agent.

It took one business day. I booked on Friday, and she sent me the confirmation letter on Monday.

normally 2-3 business days....BUT once it was a month! Disney was slow to get it to her!

The number was same day, the letter about 3 or 4 days later.

Anyone staying at GF mid-August?

Just booked GF for 8 nights in mid-August!
How much?

Did anyone get a magical quote on the BC or Boardwalk?

I'm still thinking switching my trip to August, but I don't want to drive my TA nuts asking for 10 different quotes.

How much?

I'm still thinking switching my trip to August, but I don't want to drive my TA nuts asking for 10 different quotes.

We are magically at BC standard view (3 Disney Adults - 38,39,13) from 8/25 - 9/1 for $3400 including 8 day park hoppers. I didn't have her separate the cost of the room and tickets - so I'm not 100% sure on the breakdown.

How much?

We did get magical quotes for BC and Boardwalk (and Poly, GF, AKL, WL). I don't mind driving my TA nuts.

Our price for Grand Floridian (outer building, garden view) for 4 guests (3 Dis adults, 1 child) for 8 nights, with 7 day base tickets was $3956.

I did some math.... not sure if it's right. The rack rate for our dates online for room-only shows $5355. 7 day base tickets cost $1620. I minus the tickets from our package price to get the room-only cost of $2336. So our magical price is 56% off Disney's non-discounted rate, as long as i pay full price for park tickets (which I assume is usually the case). The magic of Disney... paying $4000 for a vacation, and feeling like I got a great deal. :-)

We are magically at BC standard view (3 Disney Adults - 38,39,13) from 8/25 - 9/1 for $3400 including 8 day park hoppers. I didn't have her separate the cost of the room and tickets - so I'm not 100% sure on the breakdown.
I figure your park hoppers would cost around 1400. I took wdw base price and subtracted 10%. Not bad at all. I couple of years ago I got a labor day quote from them it was 1400 for 7 nights at BC. Prices have gone up but still not a bad deal.
We did get magical quotes for BC and Boardwalk (and Poly, GF, AKL, WL). I don't mind driving my TA nuts.

Our price for Grand Floridian (outer building, garden view) for 4 guests (3 Dis adults, 1 child) for 8 nights, with 7 day base tickets was $3956.

I did some math.... not sure if it's right. The rack rate for our dates online for room-only shows $5355. 7 day base tickets cost $1620. I minus the tickets from our package price to get the room-only cost of $2336. So our magical price is 56% off Disney's non-discounted rate, as long as i pay full price for park tickets (which I assume is usually the case). The magic of Disney... paying $4000 for a vacation, and feeling like I got a great deal. :-)
I have already gotten several quotes at different times of years. I booked and made a few changes if I make another one I'd like it to be final. I don't want to be too annoying. There tickets are discounted 10%. I figured your tickets to cost 1458. I figured it to be 312.00 a night with tax. That's a great price for the GF.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I love these prices, but August is hot. I've also go a cruise planned out of NYC the end of September. The upside is a could go for longer, and Toy Story land would be open, and if upgraded to AP's maybe hit Star Wars land the following year. If I don't end up changing hopefully my math will help someone else.

One more question. Did you put down 200.00 or 1 night room deposit? Last year I put down 200.00 this year they wanted a night room deposit.

Just an FYI for anyone their tickets are convention tickets and can't be upgraded to Annual passes.....at least that's what I've read on these boards. Of course we all know every CM is different.

I figure your park hoppers would cost around 1400. I took wdw base price and subtracted 10%. Not bad at all. I couple of years ago I got a labor day quote from them it was 1400 for 7 nights at BC. Prices have gone up but still not a bad deal.

That's pretty much the math I've been going with, but didn't want to mislead :)

I did get a quote for BW standard view and same tickets for the same timeframe and it was $3384. DD loves SAB so we went with BC.

I put down a one night deposit.

Target 10% off gift card alert today only (12/3). $300 max transaction per card, but you can use the same card in-store and online. We buy the Target gc and then later use them to purchase Disney gc at Target to put toward our vacation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!