August 2018 discounts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Target 10% off gift card alert today only (12/3). $300 max transaction per card, but you can use the same card in-store and online. We buy the Target gc and then later use them to purchase Disney gc at Target to put toward our vacation.
I did read you cannot use the target gift card to buy Disney gift cards online but you can buy Disney gift card in the stores with them.

I’ve booked at WL - hoping there will be a discount released!
We have a standard room booked for August at WL. To be quite honest i'm not expecting anything. This is based on the reduced number of standard rooms at the WL. These rooms, on the upper floors are pretty much theme park view (albeit and long view :)). By the time August discounts come out I don't expect any Standard rooms to be available.....and I'm not giving up my room for a courtyard view :)

Doug :goofy:

We have a standard room booked for August at WL. To be quite honest i'm not expecting anything. This is based on the reduced number of standard rooms at the WL. These rooms, on the upper floors are pretty much theme park view (albeit and long view :)). By the time August discounts come out I don't expect any Standard rooms to be available.....and I'm not giving up my room for a courtyard view :)Doug :goofy:

So I got curious..........I checked my dates (Aug 21 thru 26) online...........the only availability for WL is Standard Room (Club level). Nothing else is open at this time. The curse of Slinky Dog lives.............no discount for me in 2018 :(

So I got curious..........I checked my dates (Aug 21 thru 26) online...........the only availability for WL is Standard Room (Club level). Nothing else is open at this time. The curse of Slinky Dog lives.............no discount for me in 2018 :(

Have you checked the Labor Day special already? I'm sorry, I haven't gone back through the thread if you already did.

I have a Standard room at WL booked through the Labor Day special from Aug. 23 - 30, 2018! May be worth checking them out to see if they still have availability!

Probably because the agency took all the rooms. I would request a quote. I would be surprised if they are sold out already.

I did read you cannot use the target gift card to buy Disney gift cards online but you can buy Disney gift card in the stores with them.

Correct. You can buy the Target gift cards online, then buy the Disney gift cards in store.

Last edited:
Have you checked the Labor Day special already? I'm sorry, I haven't gone back through the thread if you already did.
My dates aren't Labor Day related so not looking at that.

Probably because the agency took all the rooms. I would request a quote. I would be surprised if they are sold out already.
The issue here is will discounts be available...........I have the room booked already. Based on what I saw online I'm not expected any discounts on the Standard room I already have. Another thing to keep in mind is most believe ToyStory Land will be open by August........so room availability (especially reasonably priced Deluxe resorts) is going fast. Just like it did for the fall this year.

However, all rooms at the Poly are available for my dates.............starting at $500/night 8-)

Last edited:
The Labor Day special runs early, it's just called that as it is around that time. My dates were earlier than yours and worked.
I'm sorry I don't see any deals covering August 2018. Mousesavers is only showing discounts through April 14. Where are you seeing this deal for 2018?

So we are doing the Magical Labor day deal at WL Aug 25-Sept. 1. We are now driving so I want to add a night on Aug. 24...WL is sold out and I really want the AoA Little Mermaid Room for the 24th but it's almost $200 for one night. Think it will come down as we get closer? Discounts don't usually apply to these rooms, right? We could do Pop Century for 1 night but My daughter would like the Mermaid Rooms

So we are doing the Magical Labor day deal at WL Aug 25-Sept. 1. We are now driving so I want to add a night on Aug. 24...WL is sold out and I really want the AoA Little Mermaid Room for the 24th but it's almost $200 for one night. Think it will come down as we get closer? Discounts don't usually apply to these rooms, right? We could do Pop Century for 1 night but My daughter would like the Mermaid Rooms
I would wait and see what the discounts are. Undercover tourist will usually have better rates then Disney and Orbitz generally will offer 15% off with a promo code. I think those rooms are hard to get though so you may have to suck it up and pay the 200.00...for your daughter.

It's good to know that WL is sold out I was thinking about changing to August to see Toy Story Land. If I decide to push back my trip I guess it would have to be September, but I won't get as good of a deal.

I wish I saw this earlier! AK or poly are my choice resorts but too pricey to do for the entire stay. If the prices are similar to the ones earlier in the thread I may do a room only, get the Canadian ticket deal and forgo the meal plan. If not, I will still be awaiting the free dining offer.

EDIT, I went back and more thoroughly read the thread, which answered most of my original questions.
Curious though, I wanted to plan to catch a MNSSHP, would I have a good chance if my dates are Aug 28- Sept 5?

Last edited:
Still haven't heard anything about the Labor Day deal, so I'm just assuming it wasn't meant to be for me. Have sent in 3 requests online over the last couple months and haven't heard anything back. After the first time, I really kept an eye on my spam but nothing. So Tuesday morning I decided to call, maybe was just getting lost between me filling it out and getting a reply. I did, no answer. Tried a few more times with no answer so I finally left a message. Still haven't heard anything. At this point I'm not trying anymore. I could still get a call, but at this point I'm thinking that it just isn't meant to be. It's odd considering how no one else has any issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!