August 2018 Park Hours

YensidRocks

Mouseketeer
Good Afternoon,

I'm trying my best to plan for my upcoming trip but i'm hitting a wall because the park hours for the second half of August still aren't up on Disney's website. Does anyone have access to the hours? I know way back when travel agents, etc, would post their calendars as a helpful tool. Any assistance would be helpful. I'm planning on being out there from August 16th -25th.
Thank you in advance!

Thanks. I'm wondering about the accuracy of his site. I'm praying that MNSSHP will not begin on 8/17. Magic Kingdom is closing early on the 17, 21, and 24th. I'm all for the Halloween Party but starting it in the middle of August doesn't seem right... lol.

Thanks. I'm wondering about the accuracy of his site. I'm praying that MNSSHP will not begin on 8/17. Magic Kingdom is closing early on the 17, 21, and 24th. I'm all for the Halloween Party but starting it in the middle of August doesn't seem right... lol.
Why is it closing early? Do you know what time? Thanks

Last edited:

Good Afternoon,

I'm trying my best to plan for my upcoming trip but i'm hitting a wall because the park hours for the second half of August still aren't up on Disney's website. Does anyone have access to the hours? I know way back when travel agents, etc, would post their calendars as a helpful tool. Any assistance would be helpful. I'm planning on being out there from August 16th -25th.
Thank you in advance!

Do you use Touring Plans? They have been emailing me the Aug park hours daily as they are released.

It will close early - last year due to Halloween party. Not 6 though.

Last edited:
It will close early - last year due to Halloween party.
Last year it didn’t close early on the 17th and 21st for Halloween party/ it was later in the month of August
The hours listed in the crowd calendar link above have MK closing at 6pm both 8/17 & 8/21:eek:

FWIW, most people are speculating the 6pm park closing that they implemented on MVMCP nights in 2017 will also carry over for MNSSHP this year.

Last year's Halloween party started off on August 25th. I'd guess right around the same this year. Probably the 24th

I just checked August 17 and 21 to see if I could book a table service dinner at MK and there is NOTHING available. Seems like a big indicator that it wil be MNSSHP.

I had planned a MK day on the 21st, but may do the party instead. Flipping my regular ticket to one of my rest days means maybe we do 2 days at Epcot?

I haven’t booked anything so I think I can do this switch if it is in fact a party.

August 17 and 21 is so early!!

Oh, dear. I will be disappointed if they start the Halloween stuff even earlier this year. Last year we went second half of August and the last time we went to MK there were already a bunch of pumpkin decorations on Main Street. It felt really weird to see Halloween stuff on our summer vacation.

While I don't have anything against Halloween in theory if that schedule, (Halloween as early as August 17), is accurate we won't be able to spend our last night at MK like we usually do. (We have zero interest in MNSSHP). Sigh.

FWIW, most people are speculating the 6pm park closing that they implemented on MVMCP nights in 2017 will also carry over for MNSSHP this year.
Heard that! From what I read over at WDWMagic, the 6pm closes for 2017's MVMCP was a riveting success and will now be carried over to MNSSHP.

Please bear in mind that this is NOT the first time where MK closed at 6pm for MNSSHP and MVMCP, they have done this in the past.

While I don't have anything against Halloween in theory if that schedule, (Halloween as early as August 17), is accurate we won't be able to spend our last night at MK like we usually do. (We have zero interest in MNSSHP). Sigh.
we are in the same boat for 8/21. 8/17 was the one MK day with AM EMH & no EMM on our trip. If I knew this when ADRs opened, i would not have made them the way I did.

Last edited:
He's basing it off last year's hours. Disney has only officially released until Aug 11.

It can change year to year.
This is not exactly true. Go to My Disney Experience, and click on My Itinerary. Under today's date, on the left side, click Add Plans, and then in the drop down, add parks and places. You will now be looking at park hours, on the official Disney World website. Click on the calendar next to today's date, and you can choose, and see park hours, for dates up to, and including, August 26. Using that official Disney information, I see a 6 PM closing on Friday August 17, Tuesday August 21 (which also has a special ticketed event from 7:45 - 9:00 am EMM), and Friday August 24.

Last year it didn’t close early on the 17th and 21st for Halloween party/ it was later in the month of August
The hours listed in the crowd calendar link above have MK closing at 6pm both 8/17 & 8/21:eek:

I was referring to the 6pm close when I’m there last week in August. Didn’t realize it was the 17th as well. I was prepping my schedule yesterday. The hours are different on wdwprep school. Even 6 is earlier than the Halloween party. Strange.

This is not exactly true. Go to My Disney Experience, and click on My Itinerary. Under today's date, on the left side, click Add Plans, and then in the drop down, add parks and places. You will now be looking at park hours, on the official Disney World website. Click on the calendar next to today's date, and you can choose, and see park hours, for dates up to, and including, August 26. Using that official Disney information, I see a 6 PM closing on Friday August 17, Tuesday August 21 (which also has a special ticketed event from 7:45 - 9:00 am EMM), and Friday August 24.
This is a great tip! I normally work on the app but you can only seem to do this on the full site. This is very helpful for planning.

It looks like a few dates and times at HS and AK are “temporarily unavailable”. I think we will continue to see tinkering with park hours over the coming months.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter