August 2018 Park Hours

This is not exactly true. Go to My Disney Experience, and click on My Itinerary. Under today's date, on the left side, click Add Plans, and then in the drop down, add parks and places. You will now be looking at park hours, on the official Disney World website. Click on the calendar next to today's date, and you can choose, and see park hours, for dates up to, and including, August 26. Using that official Disney information, I see a 6 PM closing on Friday August 17, Tuesday August 21 (which also has a special ticketed event from 7:45 - 9:00 am EMM), and Friday August 24.

Thanks! Had no idea you can view the park hours this way.

I tried the trick and the link was dead. I'm so upset about the magic kingdom closing 3 times during my summer visit at 6:00 due to the Halloween Party. If I wanted to go during the fall, I would've booked my trip for mid September or October. The 17th is showing on the calendar though and it confirms what Kenny the pirate has up in regards to park hours.

Disney if you'e listening, this isn't fair. Stop trying to milk every possible dollar from your guests.

I feel the same way. We are going in August so we don't have to deal with the park closing early . And if I have to plan where I am eating 180 days out they should certainly have a true schedule out by then as well. I'm still salty about not being able to plan our HS day, because we are hoping for extended hour for the opening of TSL

I feel the same way. We are going in August so we don't have to deal with the park closing early . And if I have to plan where I am eating 180 days out they should certainly have a true schedule out by then as well. I'm still salty about not being able to plan our HS day, because we are hoping for extended hour for the opening of TSL

It's just so disappointing; I miss the days of staying in MK until the wee hours of the morning during my summer trips. EMH's were abundant, and we would have a few nights in MK where we there till at least 1 in the morning, riding space mountain as many times as we could. Nowadays, evening EMH is practically non-existent, and we're getting Halloween in the dog days of summer. I'm all for having maybe one party at the end of the month, like they did last year, but to have 3 is overboard!

I'm also disgusted with the way Disney is micromanaging people in their parks and resorts while not providing accurate information about park closings, etc. How can we make informed decisions if we don't know our options. It's callous on their part and beyond frustrating to me and my family.

Needless to say, I really feel like Disney has changed through the years, and yes I understand that it's a business with a goal of making money. The big difference that I'm seeing is that in the past, Disney cared greatly about their guests and providing an ultimate experience that would keep them coming back with their families. This doesn't seem to be the case nowadays; it's all about efficiency, and getting the most $$$ they can from us while providing a generic experience for all.

Sorry if this post may offend some; it's not my intention; I'm just extremely upset with Disney's practices as of late. If anyone hears anything new about hours for August, please let me know, so I can adjust my plans accordingly.

Don't like having to make plans using a crystal ball because Disney doesn't want to release hard dates just yet, because they are trying to figure out crowds, etc. They tell us we need to be ready 180 days out, well they should be too!

Don't like having to make plans using a crystal ball because Disney doesn't want to release hard dates just yet, because they are trying to figure out crowds, etc. They tell us we need to be ready 180 days out, well they should be too!

Yes, yes, yes this absolutely!

This is what annoys me the most about how we now have to make our holidays.

I’m planning a CRT dinner for what has been projected as being a party day, but we will not be attending. What is the latest I can book my dinner without having to have a party ticket? I have seen in the past 5:30, but if the park is closing at 6 will I have to eat dinner at 4:30? This is crazy! I wish they would release hours ahead of the 180 so we could just make adr’s without having to double and triple book restaurants to make sure it works with our trip plans!

It was my ADR day today and as everyone says it’s a nightmare. I now have 8 bookings for a chef Mickey breakfast as I just don’t know when we might fit it in, I don’t even like chef Mickey! I’m booking in 3visits to HS on a 9 days visit and cutting a water park short to take a 3pm Fantasmic package as I don’t know how the tiers will work with regards to FP+, and I don’t know if they will have extra morning hours every day in August. All the August hours are normally out by now but they’re not plus they’re sticking in MNSSHP and the paid early morning MK events so it’s getting more and more difficult to arrange a full visit to MK.

All the August hours are normally out by now but they’re not plus they’re sticking in MNSSHP and the paid early morning MK events so it’s getting more and more difficult to arrange a full visit to MK.
This! Both of our MK days now look like 6pm closes- back to the drawing board:sad2:

For me as well. And what makes it worse is you know everyone that is there is going to want to go, therefore, perpetuating the continuation of beginning the parties earlier and earlier because its going to make them more and more $$$! Pretty soon the Magic Kingdom is going to be open for 5 hours using your base ticket and if you want to stay any longer, you're going to have to pay additional fees. Enough is enough! I am a die hard Disney Fan and have visited the parks well over 30 times in the past 10 years, but if Disney continues handling themselves in this way I'm going to start funneling my vacation dollars elsewhere. At this point, with the amount of money I have spent through the years, I could probably own a private island somewhere.

Disney if you're listening, please consider the following:
  1. Releasing park hours and schedules a little before or even in conjunction with guests 180 day window to help make planning easier.
  2. Celebrating Holidays at appropriate times; the last time I checked Halloween happens in the Fall.
  3. Giving your hotel guests the perks they rightfully deserve; such as frequent EMH hours with the 3 hour duration.
  4. Taking care of your DVC members by offering discounts and perks.
I love visiting the Disney Parks, but more and more Disney is making it hard to justify my time and money spent there due to their lack of regard for their guests.

And when I say Disney by no means do I mean any of the hardworking cast members in the parks that work tirelessly each day to infuse a little magic into each guests path. I'm talking about the cronies who sit on the board and discuss bottom line figures, etc.

Rant Over!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter