August 27th, 2024 - 5-Night Spain Cruise from Southampton (Vigo, La Coruña)

Bad Pink Tink 2.0

Original Join Date March 2015
Ok, lets start this.

Itinerary

Tuesday August 27, 2024: Southampton All Aboard 4:00 pm
Wednesday August 28, 2024: At Sea
Thursday August 29, 2024: La Coruña, Spain All Ashore 8:00 am All Aboard 8:00 pm
Friday August 30, 2024: Vigo, Spain All Ashore 7:00 am All Aboard 4:00 pm
Saturday August 31, 2024: At Sea
Sunday September 1, 2024: Southampton: Debarkation Starts approx 7.30am

Paid in Full Dates
Suites and Concierge Staterooms
: Monday Apr 29, 2024
Non-Suites/Non-Concierge Staterooms : Wednesday May 29, 2024

Pre-Booking Activity Dates
All dates are 9pm LA time / 12am Florida Time / 5am UK time / 6am Paris time
Concierge: Friday, April 19, 2024.
Pearl: Friday April 26, 2024
Platinum: Monday April 29, 2024
Gold: Tuesday May 14, 2024
Silver: Wednesday May 29, 2024
First Time Cruisers: Thursday June 13, 2024

On Line Check In Dates
All dates are 9pm LA time / 12am Florida Time / 5am UK time / 6am Paris time
Concierge: Thursday July 18, 2024
Pearl: Thursday July 18, 2024
Platinum: Saturday July 20, 2024
Gold: Tuesday July 23, 2024
Silver: Thursday July 25, 2024
First Time Cruisers: Saturday July 28, 2024

Disneyband+ Online Advance Purchase
For American passengers who have Paid In Full and have an American mailing address
Saturday July 13 2024

Last edited:
Pre and Post Cruise Southampton Information

Southampton Port Information

In 2023, Disney used 2 different terminals at Southampton Cruise Port.

At this time there is no information to which cruise terminal Disney will use in 2024.

July 2023 Cruises Used
(Dock Gate 10)
Horizon Cruise Terminal
Berth, 102 W Bay Road
Southampton SO15 1AW

August 2023 Cruises Used
(Dock Gate 4)
Queen Elizabeth II Terminal,
Berth 38/39 Test Road,
Eastern Docks,
Southampton, SO14 3GG

The cruise terminal was changed after Disney sent out the Cruise document letter with the luggage tags for the August cruises.

To double check and confirm the correct cruise terminal for this cruise, check the Official Southampton Cruise Ship Schedule approx 6 weeks before the cruise.

Southampton Port Parking

The official parking at Southampton is provided by Associated British Ports Parking - ABP
They have a car park at each of the different Southampton Cruise Terminals. You book a car park space at the specific cruise terminal Disney will use. In August 2023, when the cruise terminal was changed from Horizon to Queen Elizabeth II terminal, ABP Parking organized shuttle buses for anyone who had booked in advance for the Horizon Car Park.

If you are planning to dive and park at Southampton, it books up fast. There are other options available, but check reviews from 2023. Some companies are not official and some people from the 2023 cruises got caught out with extra charges and fines.

Getting To Southampton

1. From UK and Ireland

Southampton Regional Airport is approx 20 minutes drive from the cruise port. The following airlines have flights to and from Southampton, but there may be only 1 or 2 flights per day from a particular location.
Air Lingus Regional Operated by Emerald Air from Ireland
Aurigny from Guernsey
Blue Islands
British Airways
Eastern Airways
Easyjet
FlyBe
KLM
Loganair
TUI

There is a direct train from Southampton Airport to Southampton Centre Train Station.
There are local bus routes from Southampton Airport to Southampton Coach and Bus Station

2. From Heathrow or Gatwick Airports

In 2023 Disney had transportation options from these airports.
Ground transfers between London Heathrow International Airport or London Gatwick International Airport and the Port of Southampton are available on embarkation and debarkation days only, for $75 per Guest. Upon arrival at London Heathrow International Airport or London Gatwick International Airport, proceed through Immigration. A Disney Cruise Line representative will be available outside the baggage claim area to direct you to your designated transportation. Transportation may include a motorcoach, minibus or taxi, depending on arrival time and party size.

DIY from Heathrow Airport
Tube or Train or Private Car service to London Waterloo Station, then direct train from London Waterloo Train Station to Southampton Train Station

DIY from Gatwick Airport
Train or Private Car service to London Waterloo Station, then direct train from London Waterloo Train Station to Southampton Train Station.

Journey time from London Waterloo Station to Southampton is approx 2 hours. Tickets can be bought from Trainline or South Western Railway

3. Bus To Southampton Coach Station
National Express and MegaBus have multiple routes from all over UK to Southampton Coach Station

4. Train to Southampton Central Train Station
South Western Railway have multiple routes from all over UK to Southampton Central Train Station

Where To Stay In Southampton

The following hotels are all within 15 minutes drive to Southampton Cruise Port.
ibis Southampton Centre
ibis budget Southampton Centre
Novotel Southampton
Holiday Inn Southampton
Leonardo Royal Hotel Southampton Grand Harbour
Moxy Southampton
Premier Inn Southampton West Quay

How To Get From Your Hotel To The Cruise Terminal

Private Car Service
British Express Cars

Taxi Company
Radio Taxi

Last edited:

Time for an update.

Ive booked my hotel in Southampton for before the cruise.

I decided to do the same as last year and arrive in Southampton 2 days before the cruise.

I booked the same one as last year, IBIS Southampton Centre and booked the early check in and breakfast package.

I checked the Southampton cruise schedule website and at the moment The Dream is listed for Horizon Terminal, but that may change. Hopefully it wont as my hotel is walking distance to Horizon terminal.

I havent booked flights yet as Im not sure what day after the cruise I will fly home.

An observation.

I am in a cruise group for this cruise. There was a lot of push back from my trip report when I said the majority of passengers were from The UK.

I have just read a post in the group for this cruise, the 5 night to Spain in August . Over 100 people have replied with where they are from, and I have just seen 2 or 3 Americans. So thats about 97 people so far from various parts of The UK. So it looks like this cruise will have majority of passengers from the UK. THATS how I know about where passengers are from :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter