August 9, 2018 Northern European Cruise

It's 90 days out! We just did our online checkin/port adventures/etc. Got everything I wanted. We're doing DCL excursions (going to use our Disney Visa Rewards dollars to pay for most of them!) for Tallinn (Marzipan Workshop), St. Petersburg (Catherine's Palace and Hermitage), and Helsinki (Reindeer and Finnish Nature), and doing Stockholm on our own with the Stockholm Pass. DD18 is SOOO happy--Marzipan and Reindeer are the ones she picked!

We also booked our VIP character breakfast for the last day at sea, and booked Frozen and Princess meet and greets. I booked a drink tasting for myself for the first day at sea--Mojito and Caipirinha (sounds like fun!). I'm hoping to do the Chocolate and Liquor one someday, but it was already booked up for our cruise. (Yes, I know there may be more offered while on the ship...but it is so much more convenient to book something online...and I know I'll be busy on the ship.)

Oh, and our PAT is 11:30-Noon--it was the first time listed.

Onboard Fun available dates/times (as of 5/11/18 at 9AM EDT):

Characters--I'm unsure of the times as I already booked mine and can't see the times anymore!:
  • VIP Character Breakfast (FREE)--Day 3 (Tallinn) and Day 7 (at Sea) (times available from 8AM-9:45AM?)
  • Princess Gathering--Day 2 (at sea); Day 7 (at sea)
  • Frozen Meet and Greet--Day 2 (at sea); Day 5 (Helsinki)
  • Royal Court Tea (ages 3-12) $210, adults $69--must have a child to attend--as I have no one in that age range, I can't see times, just dates! Day 2 (at sea), Day 7 (at sea)
Drink Tastings:
  • Day 2 (at sea): Cognac ($25) 10:30PM; Mojito and Caipirinha ($20) 2PM; SOLD OUT: Stem to Stern Wine Tasting
  • Day 3 (Tallinn): Champagne ($35) 4PM; Tequila and Margarita ($20) 10:30PM
  • Day 5 (Helsinki) SOLD OUT Whiskey Tasting
  • Day 6 (Stockholm) SOLD OUT Martini Tasting
  • Day 7 (at sea) SOLD OUT Chocolate and Liquor; SOLD OUT Mixology

It's 90 days out! We just did our online checkin/port adventures/etc. Got everything I wanted. We're doing DCL excursions (going to use our Disney Visa Rewards dollars to pay for most of them!) for Tallinn (Marzipan Workshop), St. Petersburg (Catherine's Palace and Hermitage), and Helsinki (Reindeer and Finnish Nature), and doing Stockholm on our own with the Stockholm Pass. DD18 is SOOO happy--Marzipan and Reindeer are the ones she picked!

We also booked our VIP character breakfast for the last day at sea, and booked Frozen and Princess meet and greets. I booked a drink tasting for myself for the first day at sea--Mojito and Caipirinha (sounds like fun!). I'm hoping to do the Chocolate and Liquor one someday, but it was already booked up for our cruise. (Yes, I know there may be more offered while on the ship...but it is so much more convenient to book something online...and I know I'll be busy on the ship.)

Oh, and our PAT is 11:30-Noon--it was the first time listed.

We will be in the Mojito/Caipirinha with you!!!

Onboard Fun available dates/times (as of 5/11/18 at 9AM EDT):

Characters--I'm unsure of the times as I already booked mine and can't see the times anymore!:
  • VIP Character Breakfast (FREE)--Day 3 (Tallinn) and Day 7 (at Sea) (times available from 8AM-9:45AM?)
  • Princess Gathering--Day 2 (at sea); Day 7 (at sea)
  • Frozen Meet and Greet--Day 2 (at sea); Day 5 (Helsinki)
  • Royal Court Tea (ages 3-12) $210, adults $69--must have a child to attend--as I have no one in that age range, I can't see times, just dates! Day 2 (at sea), Day 7 (at sea)
Drink Tastings:
  • Day 2 (at sea): Cognac ($25) 10:30PM; Mojito and Caipirinha ($20) 2PM; SOLD OUT: Stem to Stern Wine Tasting
  • Day 3 (Tallinn): Champagne ($35) 4PM; Tequila and Margarita ($20) 10:30PM
  • Day 5 (Helsinki) SOLD OUT Whiskey Tasting
  • Day 6 (Stockholm) SOLD OUT Martini Tasting
  • Day 7 (at sea) SOLD OUT Chocolate and Liquor; SOLD OUT Mixology
Thank you for posting. I’m a newbie so will have to book everything in 2 weeks.

The Princess gathering on day 2 is at 9:00am, the Frozen gathering is at 9:30am.
Thank you! My girls would love to meet all the princess! In regards to getting tickets do I have to get tickets for the whole group (7 ppl) or just the kids who want pictures (3 kids)

Last time we saw the princesses, it was before tickets and they were in the atrium. I've heard that Frozen is in one of the dining rooms and you need a ticket to get in the room. There's probably better info out there somewhere.

Thank you! My girls would love to meet all the princess! In regards to getting tickets do I have to get tickets for the whole group (7 ppl) or just the kids who want pictures (3 kids)
You need tix for everyone that is going to go...if you can't get all 7, I'd try to get 4 so that an adult can accompany the kids and take pics. There were a variety of times for both when I was on Friday. I have 11:30AM for both my meet and greets. Some of them met in the morning until 10:15 AM, then did from 11:30AM-2ish. Sorry I don't recall exact times...and by the time you can do it, I'd expect some time blocks to be gone. I hope you get what you want!

You need a ticket for everyone who wants to be in line. So for example, I will take my daughter and we need two tickets. She will be the only one who will actually meet the princesses/Frozen, but if I want to get close to take pictures with my camera (behind the Shutters photographers), I will need a ticket. If you only want to watch the Princess Gathering, you can hang out in the Atrium. So if my husband wanted to watch her meet the princesses, he could hang outside the roped lines, watch from the 4th floor or hang in any of the public areas. However, he will not be allowed inside the roped lines. The Frozen meet is a little different because it is in a dining room. As I recall, they checked our tickets before we came into the dining room. I'm not sure if they allow people to come in and hang out in the back or not. When I registered on Friday, I got 9:45 for Frozen and 10:15 for the Princesses on the first at sea day. Once I got that, I didn't check the other times. I hope this helps!!

You need a ticket for everyone who wants to be in line. So for example, I will take my daughter and we need two tickets. She will be the only one who will actually meet the princesses/Frozen, but if I want to get close to take pictures with my camera (behind the Shutters photographers), I will need a ticket. If you only want to watch the Princess Gathering, you can hang out in the Atrium. So if my husband wanted to watch her meet the princesses, he could hang outside the roped lines, watch from the 4th floor or hang in any of the public areas. However, he will not be allowed inside the roped lines. The Frozen meet is a little different because it is in a dining room. As I recall, they checked our tickets before we came into the dining room. I'm not sure if they allow people to come in and hang out in the back or not. When I registered on Friday, I got 9:45 for Frozen and 10:15 for the Princesses on the first at sea day. Once I got that, I didn't check the other times. I hope this helps!!
Thanks everyone! I will try for 4 tickets on my check in day!!! You have all been so helpful!

As I posted here many months ago, I purchased our plane tickets very early (11 months) and I've had this nagging concern that the prices may drop. I just checked the current prices and I'm happy to report my 4 tickets would be $900 more (total) if I had waited until 3 months out to purchase them. Also, the second leg flight I booked is now sold out so if I had waited, we would have been stuck in London for a 6 hour layover instead of my current 2 1/2 hours. Now I'm happy :-)

As I posted here many months ago, I purchased our plane tickets very early (11 months) and I've had this nagging concern that the prices may drop. I just checked the current prices and I'm happy to report my 4 tickets would be $900 more (total) if I had waited until 3 months out to purchase them. Also, the second leg flight I booked is now sold out so if I had waited, we would have been stuck in London for a 6 hour layover instead of my current 2 1/2 hours. Now I'm happy :-)
It's so hard with airline tix. They constantly fluctuate, so you need to just find a price you think is 'good', especially when booking that far out--glad it worked out for you! We booked at 10 1/2 months out, (partly so I could also book a hotel that early--I needed my dates in place to do that!). Both airfare and hotel are more expensive now. Glad I booked when I did!

Our family (me, my husband, my mom and my almost 3 years old daughter) will take the first Disney Cruise this summer from San Francisco. We are excited!
However, I have a question about booking excursion in St. Pertersburg. I booked the Disney tour "City Highlight and Hermitage" (SP13).However, I found out it is only for 5+ years old (?!) We all want to visit City Highlight and me/my husband would like to see Hermitage if possible. Is hiring the private tour guide/agent is the only other options? Any advice?

Our family (me, my husband, my mom and my almost 3 years old daughter) will take the first Disney Cruise this summer from San Francisco. We are excited!
However, I have a question about booking excursion in St. Pertersburg. I booked the Disney tour "City Highlight and Hermitage" (SP13).However, I found out it is only for 5+ years old (?!) We all want to visit City Highlight and me/my husband would like to see Hermitage if possible. Is hiring the private tour guide/agent is the only other options? Any advice?

May I jump in and give one bit of very very important advice re St Petersburg. I have been twice, both for two days with DCL.

DCL gives the impression you have to have their tours in STPs, we had Private tours for all four days.

You can't walk off without a tour, but you can organise a private tour with limited private agencies in STB and they give you tickets like boarding cards to go through immigration.

We had personal itineraries on our four days there with.
https://www.anastasia.travel/
Who were brilliant.

Now they accommodate children, just ask for their personal experience and knowledge of STB.

Anastasia is well known and respected, she cares personally she met us st the terminal on disembarkation personally, during our trip, and back in port to ensure a perfect trip.

DCL tends to say an disembarkation time at STB but on our cruises both times we were there an hour or two early, and so we hopped off, through immigration and met by Anastasia about an hour before advertised port time, it took 5 minutes to get through immigration for a family.

They want their port adventures off quickly.

Anastasia got us a great guide modern car that gets down streets that coaches can't. We went in the rear entry if the hermitage avoiding cruise ship tours going through the front and being crushed. We went to
Catherine's palace.
Peterhoff.
Faberge museum.
Boat trip on canals.
Hydrofoil.
Even a helicopter flight over STB, on Utube.

We had a personalised itinerary and went to eat in Russian restaurants with locals even on the subway.

I read a DCL Port adventure review of STB which said, we spent 11 hours looking at the inside of a bus.

https://www.anastasia.travel/

Is not as expensive as you may think, and for a family or sharing with someone in the group well worth it.

It will improve that visit 200%.

Thanks for the post. I’m booked with Anastasia based on all the positive reviews I read here and on other travel sites. Looking forward to the trip.

We booked through Anastasia too (group of 7 people). Catherine’s Palace, Peteroff Foutains, Hermitage, and Church of Spilled Blood. Our littlest one is 2 1/2 years old.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter