August use year!

Pattyjo9951

Earning My Ears
We are new and have our first trip planned at the end of May. Looks like we will need to push the trip back. We know we could bank our points until March 31st but thinking about just moving our dates until the end of July. Can we stay the night of July 31st and check our August 1st? Or do we have to be checked out by July 31st? Thank you!

I am fairly sure you can stay the night of July 31st. However, I would strongly suggest banking your points and booking your first night starting August 1st. You would then have until July 31st 2021 to use those points if you need to cancel your August 2020 vacation.

If you book the last week of July 2020 and can not go, you will, under current rules, lose your points since they will expire on July 31st 2020 and it will be too late to bank them. As of now, DVC has not extended the banking deadline, so even if the reason you can not go is because the DVC resorts are closed, you still would not be able to bank your points, so you would lose them.

I started a thread titled "For August UY Members - Please make a decision quickly DVC". You might want to look at that.

Last edited:
The last night to use August 2019 UY points is July 31st, 2020..so checking out August 1st.

If you change one night now, and pass your banking window of March 31st, consider those points lost if you can’t go or the resort is still closed.

Thanks for the replies. I understand we will loss if we don’t bank the points. We have some we will bank. We bought a loaded contract so no matter what we will lose points if we don’t go before a July 31st. So thinking about using those a few nights end of July and hope for the best. Then use some for a few days in August. If still closed we will still have those points to use for awhile. I am really hoping they are opened by June. Want everyone to be safe and healthy. The economy needs things opened up by then also.

We also have August UY. I’d still likely bank the 2019 points. If I absolutely wanted to go before August 1 would probably borrow from 2020 and take my chances. You could end up with points in holding or if parks not reopened they’d might let you put them back in 2020. Either way, better than losing them. I just realized it’s too late now. Hope it works out for you.

When can August 2020 UY's be banked? What would you do? If we have to wait until August 1 to bank then I still want to know how to plan.

I have trips already planned for Sept, Dec, and Jan of my 2020 AUG UY. I usually plan a March trip with the remainder of my points but am wondering if I should bank those points instead into my 2021 UY in case DVC does prevent banking at some point and we do have extended closures or another breakout of the virus next year. I am afraid of not being able to use or bank the points.

Also, from a current May cancellation, I do have 59 banked points into 2020 UY. I have not tried yet but I believe it is possible to modify my Sept, Dec or Jan reservation to use my newly acquired 2019 banked points in order to free up some 2020 UY points which can be banked.

I suppose I really just want to know if there are others with August UY's that are now considering all their options or am I just being too paranoid? Please be truthful but kind. :flower3:Thanks.

Last edited:
August use years cannot bank 2020 use year points into 2021 until August 1, 2020.

I have an August use year with 2020 points tied up in reservations for the Fall of 2020 that will occur prior to my 3/31/2021 banking deadline. Even if I cancel those reservations, I do not plan to bank any 2020 points prior to the deadline.

If there are problems with 2021 availability, DVCMC is unlikely to stop banking because banking will help the situation. If needed, they are much more likely to suspend borrowing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!