Aulani 2022 Questions

chpmnkfan

Earning My Ears
Hello everyone, I know that I am quite early in my planning but I was wondering roughly when the 2022 bookings open up for Aulani. I was wanting to possibly book a standard hotel room with an Island Garden View. I was wondering if there are a lot of these and its mostly DVC villas or if there are quite a few of these type of rooms. I have tried searching for info but most of the results are about the DVC villas. Thanks for any replies!

If my memory is correct...there are only 8 hotel rooms at Aulani (they book out fast).
It's mostly a DVC resort (you can still pay cash for a DVC room).

You can rent points for your stay which would probably be much cheaper. Search for DVC rental and there are a few options.

If my memory is correct...there are only 8 hotel rooms at Aulani (they book out fast).
It's mostly a DVC resort (you can still pay cash for a DVC room).

Thank you both for the responses. I thought that there weren't that many hotel rooms there too. I may look in to booking a DVC room with either cash or renting points.

There are only 8 hotel rooms bookable on DVC points. but there are many cash hotel rooms.

There are 351 cash hotel rooms on the non-timeshare side of the resort. There are
481 DVC units, which include 8 hotel rooms, but also the studio, 1br, 2br and grand villas.

There are only 8 hotel rooms bookable on DVC points. but there are many cash hotel rooms.

There are 351 cash hotel rooms on the non-timeshare side of the resort. There are
481 DVC units, which include 8 hotel rooms, but also the studio, 1br, 2br and grand villas.

Yes, that's what we could not recall.

The DVC hotel rooms are pretty hard to book.

Be certain to check Aulani's cash room rates and check any deals the hotel mightbe offering.
Sometimes the hotel deal is cheaper than renting DVC points (depending upon the room you are trying to book). Also depends upon the rental price per point you are paying. Sometimes you can find cheaper points by renting direct from an owner (than using rental company).
We rent out our Aulani points time to time...and have found a couple of times...it was worked out cheaper for them to book cash direct with Aulani (due to hotel promo offer).

I’m wanting to book for June 2022 and am wondering the same thing. Wanting to book a cash room probably partial ocean view or island garden view. Does anyone know when cash non DVC will open for 2022? Is it about a year out?

Call the resort when it reopens on November 1st they would be able to address most of these questions.

I too was of the belief that it was cheaper to "rent" points vs staying on cash however I recently priced out a Feb 2021 high demand travel period and was surprised to find that with the promotions Dinsey was running at the time it was less to stay on a cash reservation. I compared a deluxe suite island view room by a significant amount. Not to worry one meal at any of the fine eating establishments and Disney will eat up a;; of those savings.

Correct. DVC is predominantly villas, with 8 "hotel units" that were received in the timeshare because of units that had to be used for, I believe, HVAC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!