Aulani more crowded on weekends?

iheartglaciers

DIS Veteran
I’ve been reading that Aulani is more crowded on weekends, but is that also true for the summer? My family is planning a July trip to Hawaii with two days at Aulani and are wondering if we should schedule our Aulani days for the middle of the week. Thanks!

I would be - Aulani is popular year round. They regularly have Kama'aina deals so locals tend to come early Friday and leave late Sunday to get their money worth.

We found Aulani noticeably more crowded over the weekend. It makes more sense to plan your resort days during the week both to avoid weekend crowds, but also to avoid dealing with traffic on the highways during the week while you're out sightseeing. Its easier to navigate traffic on the weekends.

Thanks for sharing your experience! We’re going to try and move our Aulani days to the middle of the week.

Thanks for sharing your experience! We’re going to try and move our Aulani days to the middle of the week.

Another way to worry less about the weekend crowds, if you have the funds to spare, is to rent a cabana. That way, you are guaranteed seating and a poolside server, if wanted. This is what we've done when, for whatever reason, we needed a weekend day to be one of our "resort" days.

I’ve been reading that Aulani is more crowded on weekends, but is that also true for the summer? My family is planning a July trip to Hawaii with two days at Aulani and are wondering if we should schedule our Aulani days for the middle of the week. Thanks!

Definitely more crowded on the weekends. During our stay this past November, we ran into quite a few locals who came out on Friday and would stay Friday-Saturday or Friday-Saturday-Sunday. Plus, a lot of people on the West Coast (myself included) will fly to Hawaii on a Saturday and stay until the next weekend.

Yes on weekends many locals will stay for a night or two, and I think locals come to dine and use the beach at Aulani too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter