Aulani reopening date

I have a reservation last week of January which I made at exactly 7 months, I was about ready to cancel but now I am not sure what I should do, probably will hold onto it now until at least the 30 days out.

Jennifer

https://www.disneyaulani.com/
Aulani's website now says: "Upon reopening, rooms, experiences, restaurants, amenities and other offerings may be modified or unavailable, limited in capacity and subject to limited availability or closure. Offerings are not guaranteed."

I just saw that on Facebook!

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...g-on-november-1/?CMP=SOC-FBPAGE20200924213315
No details as to what phased reopening will look like. I'm wondering if, like Florida, it will be DVC-only reservations for awhile. Or maybe they mean the amenities will open in phases.

The hotel portion will be open - there’s a kamaaina rate being offered for several weekends in November for locals wanting to book a staycation. I’m guessing amenities will open in phases because there are a lot of government restirctions in place. For example, the indoor portions of the spa would not be able to open except for hair and nail appointments. Outdoor spa treatments are ok, though.

Glad I cancelled our October 26th reservation a month ago. I can't imagine going there until they are fully reopened. I expect that the pools will not all be open soon.

My guess is that they will limit capacity in some form, perhaps on the hotel side. You can see what will be allowed in the Oahu Tiered return system at:

https://www.oneoahu.org/reopening-strategy

The first month or so will be Tier1-2 I am pretty sure. It says Pools are "allowed", whatever that means, but that social gatherings are limited to 5. We went to Vero Beach in July at the height of the Florida surge after it reopened. They had the pool area separated in no more than groups of 4 chairs together, and all chair groupings were at least 6 feet apart. Also, you had to "check in" at a single entrance where the CMs would take you to a seat. When done, you would fold up the back of the chair which let the CMs know that you were leaving and they would disinfect them before the next group sat there. You could leave via any of the exits. Masks were required around the property with the exceptions of in your room or in the gated pool area.

While some of that sounds restrictive, Vero did a really nice job with it. Also, I really, really liked the way they were doing the chairs, and quite honestly, I hope they keep that system. It had the wonderful by-product of having zero chair-hogs. We could go to the pool at noon and there would be plenty of availability.

We are scheduled for the first week of January but we think we are going to cancel. Too much could go wrong. This likely is a once in a lifetime trip for us and we want to be able to experience everything. We figure we will put it off from our 20th anniversary to our 25th. We won't be selling our DVC membership so we will still have points to use then. Instead we want to go to WDW for Christmas to use up our January Expiring points but can only have it make sense if they start selling annual passes again.

Screenshot (3426)_LI.jpg

Looks like strict travel bans and quarantine requirement in Hawaii will be lifted soon. Curious to see how they handle international travelers coming from countries that may spike in virus patients. Opening just in time for flu season.

We've got reservations (through David's) for Thanksgiving week, but I'm really not keen on going with all the restrictions and taking a masked flight with my two kids across the country. Was really hoping they'd keep it closed until at least December to make it easier to try to get something from David's. Not looking forward to trying to figure out what to do.

We’ve booked the second week of January and can’t wait! Disney World has handled the current situation super well...in spite of everything, we had an amazing time at the Riviera the end of August. And Aulani can take advantage of everything they learned this summer in Orlando, as well as in November and December after they’ve opened.

I also think there won’t be as many vacationers there, which will enhance the experience.

We've got reservations (through David's) for Thanksgiving week, but I'm really not keen on going with all the restrictions and taking a masked flight with my two kids across the country. Was really hoping they'd keep it closed until at least December to make it easier to try to get something from David's. Not looking forward to trying to figure out what to do.
We are also scheduled Thanksgiving week but its just my husband and I from Southern CA - I can't imagine trying to coordinate this with a bigger family from the east coast. I am still curious to see what will be open and closed - we were not planning on the spa nor do we need the kids club so we are ok there!

Yes, same for us. Its just my wife and I in Los Angeles, with no need for either spa or kids club. So we're ok too! By the way, two of the airlines flying to Hawaii (not sure if I can mention the name) are instituting drive through covid tests somewhere near the Los Angeles and San Francisco airports, with either results in 36 hours, or for a little more the day of. So that should be convenient.

Yes, same for us. Its just my wife and I in Los Angeles, with no need for either spa or kids club. So we're ok too! By the way, two of the airlines flying to Hawaii (not sure if I can mention the name) are instituting drive through covid tests somewhere near the Los Angeles and San Francisco airports, with either results in 36 hours, or for a little more the day of. So that should be convenient.
ohhh Interesting - thanks for the info, I'll keep an eye out - we are in Orange County flying out of San Diego - definitely not opposed to driving to LA for guarantee results though.

My guess is that they will limit capacity in some form, perhaps on the hotel side. You can see what will be allowed in the Oahu Tiered return system at:

https://www.oneoahu.org/reopening-strategy

The first month or so will be Tier1-2 I am pretty sure. It says Pools are "allowed", whatever that means, but that social gatherings are limited to 5. We went to Vero Beach in July at the height of the Florida surge after it reopened. They had the pool area separated in no more than groups of 4 chairs together, and all chair groupings were at least 6 feet apart. Also, you had to "check in" at a single entrance where the CMs would take you to a seat. When done, you would fold up the back of the chair which let the CMs know that you were leaving and they would disinfect them before the next group sat there. You could leave via any of the exits. Masks were required around the property with the exceptions of in your room or in the gated pool area.

While some of that sounds restrictive, Vero did a really nice job with it. Also, I really, really liked the way they were doing the chairs, and quite honestly, I hope they keep that system. It had the wonderful by-product of having zero chair-hogs. We could go to the pool at noon and there would be plenty of availability.
That kind of pool chair procedure at Aulani might be an improvement. Assuming they limit number of guests overall.

Same

We have reservations for the first week of December. We will go unless the lazy river is closed. Lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter