Aulani Reopening Details

Thanks so much for posting this. I can’t tell if you will need to wear a mask when stationary on a lounge chair on the beach or if that would be similar to dining. What is your interpretation on that?

Thanks so much for posting this. I can’t tell if you will need to wear a mask when stationary on a lounge chair on the beach or if that would be similar to dining. What is your interpretation on that?
I was just searching the boards for how it is handled at WDW and the overwhelming response was that while you are in your lounge chair you did not have to wear a mask; however, going to the pool bar, bathroom, restaurant, etc yes - I hope that is the case at Aulani as that might be the deal breaker for me.

Surprised that they're keeping both AMA AMA and Makahiki closed. I thought they might open AMA for breakfast and/or dinner at least. I wonder if Off the Hook will stay open later.

The city requires masks be worn outdoors if you cannot socially distance. If you are sitting on a chair near a pathway/walkway where there is a reasonable chance that someone could walk within 6’ of you, you must wear a mask.

It’s a misdemeanor (with a court date and up to $5k fine) if the officer thinks you’re breaking the law, and they have been (imo) over-zealous with enforcment. Thousands of violations have been issued. It’s pretty rare to see people without masks anywhere on Oahu.

if you’re sitting on the sand, its totally ok to remove your mask once you pick your spot and settle in.

9 days away and some drama with the other islands. They don’t want to open under the October single testing plan.

Thanks for posting this, I have colleagues with some neighbor island trips coming up. They’re not going to be happy with the extra uncertainty =/

What is happening in Florida isn't a good guide for what rules will be at Aulani. The state approaches are too different.

Based on Oahu regulations, masks will be required outside save in the water.

Not much info on pools, hot tubs, lazy river, slides etc. yet. These details are key
I read it as they are going to be open but maybe with more limited hours. The lazy river being open is great news. My guess is hotel occupancy will be significantly lower than normal for at least the first few months and the more limited seating won’t be an issue. Beach seating was always wide open. Pool seating not so much

Some hotels are limiting capacity by making guests make pool reservations. Since there only a couple of entry points for the lazy river, for example I can see have to reserve time. I’m fine with that.

I'm very curious about the mask requirements also. We have a reservation in late November. I was curious about the wording about masks at the pool deck or in chairs by the ocean because of the wording in the announcement. I just sent an email asking for clarification. I have no issue wearing a mask but was hoping to not need to wear one in my pool chair, assuming they would be spacing out the chairs like I read they did in WDW. I'm nervous about the trip and I'm not even sure we will actually keep our reservation and go, but if we do, I don't want to wear a mask while sitting by the pool or the ocean.

I'm very curious about the mask requirements also. We have a reservation in late November. I was curious about the wording about masks at the pool deck or in chairs by the ocean because of the wording in the announcement. I just sent an email asking for clarification. I have no issue wearing a mask but was hoping to not need to wear one in my pool chair, assuming they would be spacing out the chairs like I read they did in WDW. I'm nervous about the trip and I'm not even sure we will actually keep our reservation and go, but if we do, I don't want to wear a mask while sitting by the pool or the ocean.

Can you please report back when you receive a reply? Having to wear a mask while seated by the pool or on the beach would be a deal breaker for us. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter