Aulani Villas & Views -- REVISED 07/22/2017

Thanks for sharing photos from both of your villas, RiSaNicNol! When my wife saw the view you had of the luau, she thought you might as good a view of the show as some of the people actually attending it. Thanks, again!

I just saw you added a third villa. Thanks, @RiSaNicNol, they are appreciated!

Your most welcome. Thank you for having and keeping this great... great thread. And yes; my wife and I thought we had a decent view. Maybe it'd be better for villas in the lower level, but we enjoyed it and... got to keep our dollars to be used for other things :thumbsup2

@poohj80, I always do both: email MS and call Aulani's front desk. I logged in to DVC website to email MS. Once I received a confirmation email from an actual MS (not the auto generated email), I then called Aulani's front desk about a week before our trip to make sure they received the request from MS.

Hello @wdrl, just want to let you know that the villa number link on page 1 of the thread is marked incorrectly. The Island View Studio was 1579 not 1279. I think you had it right the first time. Maybe my second posting of the Island View 1-Bedroom #1271 confused you (sorry).

Hello @wdrl, just want to let you know that the villa number link on page 1 of the thread is marked incorrectly. The Island View Studio was 1579 not 1279. I think you had it right the first time. Maybe my second posting of the Island View 1-Bedroom #1271 confused you (sorry).
Oops! Thanks for catching my error!

This thread is really helpful. I've figured where I'm going to request, but now, I need to know HOW I should do it? What's the protocol? Thanks!

This thread is really helpful. I've figured where I'm going to request, but now, I need to know HOW I should do it? What's the protocol? Thanks!
It depends. If you are a DVC Member staying on points, you contact Member Services to add your request to your reservation. If you are renting points you must contact the person or firm you are renting from. Only DVC members can contact Member Services.

If you are paying cash for your reservation, you should contact whomever you made the reservation with. Directly with Disney, your travel agent, etc.

It depends. If you are a DVC Member staying on points, you contact Member Services to add your request to your reservation. If you are renting points you must contact the person or firm you are renting from. Only DVC members can contact Member Services.

If you are paying cash for your reservation, you should contact whomever you made the reservation with. Directly with Disney, your travel agent, etc.

Thank you! Yes, I am a DVC member, so I'll contact MS. When we stay at WDW, I use TouringPlans.com to send a room request fax.

A question on terminology.

What's the difference between Island and Island Garden?

are all the villas delineated as Island View in the OP an "Island Garden" or are only some subset a garden view?

The formal name of the view category at Aulani is Island Gardens. However many of us just call it Island view. So keep in mind you might not get a view of the island but a view of the gardens, or if you are really lucky a partial view of the ocean.

Here is the coding for views on an Aulani Point chart:

S - Standard View
I - Island Gardens View
P - Poolside Gardens View
O - Ocean View

The "Official" views at Aulani, taken from Aulani.com:

View Options
Choose from a variety of view options when you book a Villa.

• Ocean View: Includes at least a partial view of the ocean from the room or balcony
  • Poolside Gardens View: Includes at least a partial view of the pool, courtyards, water features or landscaping from the room or balcony
  • Island Gardens View: Includes at least a partial view of the mountains, spa or landscaping from the room or balcony
  • Standard View: Includes either a view of the conference center, parking lot or parking garage from the room or balcony
And note the word partial in all categories except standard.

The DVC Hotel Room Standard view - Includes either a view of the parking lot or parking garage from the room or balcony

I reserved Island Garden View. Was placed on the top floor. :lovestruc and looked over the golf course and hillside. It was awesome. I actually prefer this view to the ocean view. Next time, I'll be asking to be on the top floor again.

I posted a couple of months ago asking about the likelihood of getting a deluxe studio at 7 months out. I just wanted to report back that we got a Deluxe Studio Ocean view for the 2nd week of December, no problem! I watched the availability tool on the DVC member website during the weeks leading up to our 7 month mark hoping that we wouldn't have to do a split between views. I really wasn't concerned about which view we got as long as we didn't have to change rooms. Since ocean view was available for the length of our stay, I decided to go for it. I want to say thanks to those of you in this thread who took the time to answer my questions and give tips. I love our Disney community!
I am thinking of making my girls some Moana custom outfits, and maybe Stitch. Maybe I will post them somewhere on the Aulani thread once I get them done.

We stayed at 1482 - One bedroom ocean view.
Thanks, Disney_Fan_01, for sharing your photos! You probably had some remarkable views of the sunset from your balcony. On our last visit to Aulani we were in villa #1578, which is one floor above your villa. I really like the views from that part of the resort!

Hello! I just booked a DVC "Hotel Room", they dont offer view options. Is that because, as you've mentioned before, they're in a Hotel Wing and face garage? Your pics are gone, what is the Hotel wing? I'm really ok with 'standard view', but I dont want to be in the wing where guests are on 3rd floor walking past the room at all times.

Hello! I just booked a DVC "Hotel Room", they dont offer view options. Is that because, as you've mentioned before, they're in a Hotel Wing and face garage? Your pics are gone, what is the Hotel wing? I'm really ok with 'standard view', but I dont want to be in the wing where guests are on 3rd floor walking past the room at all times.
The DVC rooms that are in the Hotel Room are considered to have a Standard View which, like you say, face the parking garage.

There are eight DVC hotel rooms. Informally, I was told that Aulani will use as DVC hotel rooms any of the standard hotel rooms that are located on the Waianae side of the hotel.

Its not so much the wing that matters as the floor on which the room is located. The only floor that has walk-through traffic is the third floor, so as long as you are not on the third floor it should not matter.

Super helpful, thank you so much! I'd love a "spa view" on that side of the tower, but I'll definitely request "no third floor" please. Thank you again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!