Aulani Villas & Views -- REVISED 07/22/2017

Just returned from a week at Aulani! We had Villa #1077, which is a 1-bedroom Island View villa in the Ewa tower. We absolutely loved this room! We could literally sit out on either of our balconies and watch the luau each time it was offered. (and it was offered 4 nights of our 7-night stay) We did actually go to the luau one night, but it was fun to hear the music the other nights and get to "relive it" when we were getting ready to go out to dinner! I just want to thank everyone who contributed to this thread in helping us make our room request with member services. It was so helpful to have this thread to refer to! The rest of our family had a 2-bedroom ocean view room on the 9th floor so we truly had the best of both worlds, and we saved a ton of points by not opting for the ocean view :)

Hello
My family and I are off to Aulani in 7 sleeps. We have a 2 bedroom garden view room booked. Is there a room that has the long porch rather than the 2 small ones. Or are the long porches only over looking the pool and ocean.
Many thanks

Hello
My family and I are off to Aulani in 7 sleeps. We have a 2 bedroom garden view room booked. Is there a room that has the long porch rather than the 2 small ones. Or are the long porches only over looking the pool and ocean.
Many thanks

See the Phase map page one - For Phase I and the short wing of Phase 3 the Dedicated 2BRs at Aulani should have a continuous balconies. In the other phases the balconies for the 2BRs are angled to see the ocean and do not connect.

We are headed to Aulani next July for our 10 year anniversary! We are staying in an island garden view room, and based on the diagram in the thread, we requested any studio in Ewa ending in 64,66,73,79 or 85. we asked for the highest floor possible. I believe I did this correctly, but can someone confirm? are these the rooms facing the Luau courtyard? If on a lower floor, is the Luau incredibly noisy? I figured if i requested any of those rooms, we would have a great shot at our request! There's about 50 studios in that request range!

We are headed to Aulani next July for our 10 year anniversary! We are staying in an island garden view room, and based on the diagram in the thread, we requested any studio in Ewa ending in 64,66,73,79 or 85. we asked for the highest floor possible. I believe I did this correctly, but can someone confirm? are these the rooms facing the Luau courtyard? If on a lower floor, is the Luau incredibly noisy? I figured if i requested any of those rooms, we would have a great shot at our request! There's about 50 studios in that request range!
Yes, you have correctly identified the Garden studios that overlook the luau area.

I can't comment on how noisy the luau is because we have yet to visit Aulani since it replaced the Starlit Hui with the luau. However, Aulani villas have good soundproofing. We were in #304, a Pool View studio very near the Menehune Water Play area, which is very noisy when the water features are turned on. But when we closed the balcony door we could barely hear any exterior noise. Hopefully, the same is true with the studios facing the luau area.

Yes, you can just request a high floor; you don't have to be more specific than that.

I'm always hesitant to request one specific villa. If that villa is occupied on your arrival date, or is out of service for repairs, then the room assigner will have to guess what your second choice might have been. The assigner might put you in 1611/1613, which is on the other side of the resort nearest the Four Seasons, because its on the 16th floor similar to your original request. Would you be happy with that? Or you might end up with 662/664 on the 6th floor because the assigner thinks you really want to be in that wing of the building. Would you be happy with that?

For my last stay at Aulani, I requested an Ocean View Studio, high floor, in the xx72, xx78, xx84 range. We ended up with 1578 and were very happy.

Good luck!
when did you put in this request?

I've been reading this thread in preparation for our upcoming trip in April in a 1BR Ocean View villa. Wil....I appreciate all the effort you have put into this very informative thread.

When I have done view requests at WDW DVC resorts, I tend to be very general with the requests. But here, I'm seeing a lot of room number type of requests. Is that the better way to make requests? I'm not sure it's very important since I'm sure we will be happy with whatever we get.

I guess my question is....is it better to have a general description of what I'd like or to ask for a bank of room numbers?

When I have done view requests at WDW DVC resorts, I tend to be very general with the requests. But here, I'm seeing a lot of room number type of requests. Is that the better way to make requests? I'm not sure it's very important since I'm sure we will be happy with whatever we get.

I guess my question is....is it better to have a general description of what I'd like or to ask for a bank of room numbers?
For our last trip to Aulani, we wanted an Ocean View studio villa on a high floor in the Ewa Building Phase 3 because we wanted an angled balcony facing the sunset (note: studios with angled balconies have nightstands on both sides of the bed; the studios with straight balconies have a single nightstand).

So, for our room request we asked for "High Floor & room ending in **72, **78, or **84." We ended up with villa #1578, which was perfect. Normally, I try not to get too specific on our room requests, but the one we made for Aulani is about as specific as I have ever made.

One word of advice for Aulani room requests: The room assigners know which buildings are on the Ewa and Waianae sides of the resort, but they might not know the Phase numbers. Thus, I don't refer to the phase numbers in my requests.

Good luck!

For our last trip to Aulani, we wanted an Ocean View studio villa on a high floor in the Ewa Building Phase 3 because we wanted an angled balcony facing the sunset (note: studios with angled balconies have nightstands on both sides of the bed; the studios with straight balconies have a single nightstand).

So, for our room request we asked for "High Floor & room ending in **72, **78, or **84." We ended up with villa #1578, which was perfect. Normally, I try not to get too specific on our room requests, but the one we made for Aulani is about as specific as I have ever made.

One word of advice for Aulani room requests: The room assigners know which buildings are on the Ewa and Waianae sides of the resort, but they might not know the Phase numbers. Thus, I don't refer to the phase numbers in my requests.

Good luck!

Perfect response, Wil! I'll go look up the 1BR villa numbers that would be in that vicinity. As I indicated, we put in requests but don't worry to much about the view. But since this may be our only trip to Aulani, I wanted to at least give it a shot. Thank you so much! :)

We're just back from a week in Villa 164 Ewa tower.

It was not a lock off. There is no door for 162, 164 is a dedicated 2 bedroom with a single door to the hallway and 2 queen beds in the second bedroom. Our Island Garden View was lovely- the lanai was split in two and opened onto the lawn where the luau is held and we had a great view several nights. A little noisy until about 8, so might be a thing to avoid if you have little ones who go to sleep early.

We usually make a room request about the same time we make the reservation. I have sometimes called Member Services, but lately I have used the email process to send in my requests.

Where do you find the email for your room requests?

I am updating my photos of my Ocean view studio room 1510

I don’t know how to rearrange the photos, so this island view is from the balcony looking left.
59864ABE-DD35-463D-B01E-3F54117A61FD.jpegOcean view looking right 34B82714-57A5-43B6-9E37-5BCF81FD2AA4.jpeg
3046FAF6-4B82-408B-9A43-DBEA62C054AB.jpeg 178E2093-A341-4D75-806B-A332298D4573.jpeg CBD6A50D-E775-4D2B-8010-FF9B1C2A83C3.jpeg

Attachments

• ED01FB1C-7A5D-4532-B75A-4D494E301D4A.jpeg
    ED01FB1C-7A5D-4532-B75A-4D494E301D4A.jpeg
    201.1 KB · Views: 9
Where do you find the email for your room requests?

On the DVC member website there is a link to send an email to Member Services. Its under the 'Contact Us' section.

The only emails DVC will accept are ones through the link on the member website via "Contract Us". That way it confirms your member number through the system and they know it is you making the request.

Thanks, everyone for all the room view postings. We'll pay it forward and post ours when we return from our trip this fall.

Just bought some points to go in May. Wish there were more pictures visible on this thread....but with all the 3rd party sites not connected anymore, it's very limited.

My concern is that I've paid for Ocean-view, but that could mean some room not facing the center, giving us more of a view of the island and a "barely" view of the ocean. I stayed in an Outrigger on Kauai a while back - we got a partial ocean view. What that meant was a if I were to hold out a coffee straw as far away from my body as I can, and then look through that, that's how much ocean we could see. So I'm a bit jaded on these water-view rooms. Hoping for the best, though. It's Disney, after all. For these prices, they better be the best.

Just bought some points to go in May. Wish there were more pictures visible on this thread....but with all the 3rd party sites not connected anymore, it's very limited.

My concern is that I've paid for Ocean-view, but that could mean some room not facing the center, giving us more of a view of the island and a "barely" view of the ocean. I stayed in an Outrigger on Kauai a while back - we got a partial ocean view. What that meant was a if I were to hold out a coffee straw as far away from my body as I can, and then look through that, that's how much ocean we could see. So I'm a bit jaded on these water-view rooms. Hoping for the best, though. It's Disney, after all. For these prices, they better be the best.

Worst case scenario: the room is not in a location you like/the view is not what you'd hoped, so you go back to the desk and sweetly explain this is your first time there you are loving the trip could they pretty please check to see if something else is available? I have not seen any disappointing views that were classified as ocean view, but we did request and receive a high floor room overlooking the pool area. It was lovely.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter